Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I
Flexible-Leather-Cap.jpg

Thick-Leather-Cap.jpg

One of many, many examples where the item with worse modifier has the higher price. This doesn`t make much sense and is quite annoying when you want to keep the good stuff and have to look super careful to not sell the item with better modifiers.

Btw. the helmet with 18 head armor is the best helmet I got in at least 15 battles against lords, the biggest was 1,300 vs 1.200 where my party had by far the highest kill score and I was the second best performing party leader of around 20 on both sides combined. This is sooo unrewarding when you only want to equip looted stuff.

Last edited:
One thing that I would like to add: I have played 1.5.5 an awful lot and never got any tier 4 loot or higher with normal stats not even talking about masterwork, lordly and so on (seems to be deactivated). Even tier 3 loot with normal stats is super super rare and only appearing in battles where I am fighting parties with higher numbers + very good troops. When are you going to change this? It is incredibly demotivating to play when you reached a certain point and only get the same crap every single battle.

If you don`t want the player to get his hands on the good stuff immediately, then why don`t you tie the available items in the shops and in the loot pool to the clan tier? Clan tier 0 - only tier 1 available, clan tier 1 - only tier 1 and 2, etc.?

Last edited:
The only way of getting the good modifiers on high level gear into the game is almost completely removing the impact of item tier on the item prices. Side effect then is that a well-made T1 peasant shirt is more expensive than a slightly damaged T6 armor. This is by far the worst mechanic I have ever seen in a game.

Regarding the items dropped, I get good stuff from time-to-time, but its ALWAYS damaged. I find it frustrating to see how much is 'rusty'. Like nobles don't have squires and such keeping their gear in pristine condition. Like every time a fighter dies ALL his gear is damaged. I think thats Taleworld's attempt to force you to do smithing.. But I play it as a game of conquest. If I wanted to do crafting I'd go play minecraft (which I do from time to time).

Regarding the item prices/modifiers, I find a lot of times its telling me its good prices, when its absolutely horrible, at least for trade goods. It will tell me they are selling grain for 25 per and its bright green. Mostly it doesn't bother me because unless I'm dumping loot from a batte I only deal in stuff I know the price for, but it defeats the purpose of having a 'good pricing system', which means the modifier you got from a perk isn't working.

Hi again! Have you encountered this problem again?
Why do you ask ME?

YOU at Taleworlds should know if you fixed the file. And no, you didn`t. I looked at the xml file and checked it in-game. Still the same.

Update @bFaceIII
When you look at the chain mails for example, you`ll also see that a heavy chainmail has more protection than a fine chainmail but costs less money. And there are a lot more examples in this file that don`t make sense.

And then there is the item_modfiers_groups.xml that has propabilities that don`t have any effect in-game because the only determining factor for the loot is the item price which is ridiculously inflated by modifiers like lordly for example which adds x17.5 for swords. That`s why I never seen one in almost 1.000 hours. That can`t be intended (I hope).

item-modifiers.jpg

Last edited:
Also weights should be slightly higher for the thick and reinforced modifiers, not sure if the weight doesn't change just for smaller leather items or what is going on. I haven't looked into it.

Back
Top Bottom