Resolved 1.5.5 (GOG version) campaign consistently crashes on day 1009

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
On day 1009 of my campaign, at a certain time of day (in-game), the game crashes consistently, no matter what I do. I've tried reloading earlier autosaves and going to a different location, hoping to avoid the crash; it still always crashes at the same point in game-time. My campaign is effectively ended by this bug, unless support can determine the cause and a workaround.

When I attempt to submit a crash report, the crash uploader also gives an error: "Dont have enough disk space. Please make some space before you continue."
Which is evidently a bug with the uploader, as I have 80 GB free on the main drive (on which Bannerlord is installed).

If the latter problem is resolved and I am able to upload the crash logs and save file in question, reproducing the bug is as easy as loading the save and then using the "wait" feature for several seconds.

Game is barely modded (I replaced the armor values of a few pieces with the values from other pieces, and one texture replacement was used for a portion of the campaign; it since has been uninstalled), and surely this cannot be the cause of the crash, especially since I played for dozens of hours with no issues from them.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Done.

One more thing that may be related: with the exception of two crashes that're already on the known-bug list, the only other time I've experienced a game-crash in this campaign was when lords get duplicated (starts happening around maybe day 700) and I engage the duplicated lord's one-man party immediately after defeating them in battle. If I simply wait a while on the campaign map, the one-man duplicate's party disappears after about a minute. I took a look through the known issues and didn't see this on the list, but I might've missed it.

A more general search showed that other people have had this issue, but they usually concluded that it was due to using a specific mod which I've never used (nor any like it). However, others did say they had the same issue on unmodded version, so...

It may be an unrelated bug & crash, because when AI parties engaged the bugged party, it never crashed the game; it simply kept respawning the one-man duplicate lord's party nearby every time the other AI lord won the battle, until the duplicate eventually disappeared. Still, I never know if it could be related. Hopefully you all at Taleworlds support can see from the save file and resulting crash logs.

I suppose I should make a separate thread for that bug and upload the save file from back when I first encountered it, yeah?

Edit: I forgot—there was another crash that was unexplained, much earlier in the campaign. I was travelling from Myzea to Corenia Castle via the Jogurys route, and the game would crash around the time I reached Jogurys, each time I loaded the save and repeated the journey. However, when I loaded the save and went from Myzea to Corenia Castle (where a bunch of AI lords were having a large battle) via the Melion route, the game didn't crash, so I took that route and continued playing from there.

This crash may also be related, as it's the only other time I've experienced a crash with no clear cause, and one which would repeat around the same point when I loaded a save. It was also right around the area where I first encountered the duplicate-lord bug and crash, although in this instance, no duplicate-lord party was visible.

Last edited:
I have the exact same issue as described in this thread, and similarly can't advance no matter what I tried.

I am not using any mods and am on version 1.5.8.

My crash dump: 2021-02-21_20.42.07_8ae4f5e303819db6ca57b2c3a6605bcf

I uploaded a save that I made right before this crash. All you have to do to reproduce is fast forward to noon.

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and will be sent to the game with the latest hotfix. Can you check if you still experience this issue? I've gone forwarded and marked the topic as resolved unless you state otherwise.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom