Resolved [1.5.5] Companions and nobles die in battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.5.252341
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Our primary complaint is this: even when starting a new campaign, there is no way to disable death-in-battle without also disabling all aging and birth. As of 1.5.6, there is simply no way (at least without mods) to play with one option enabled but not the other.

A separate issue is the one that you seem to be talking about a fix for, if I understand you aright: when the patch dropped that introduced the death-in-battle feature, my campaign (which had been started in a previous version) went from "death-from-aging on but death-in-battle off" (my preferred way to play) to "death-from-aging on and death-in-battle on."

If I understand you aright, the fix you're talking about won't revert that campaign to "death from aging on but death in battle off," but instead it will go to "death from aging off and death in battle off." And that isn't the option set I chose when I started that campaign (aging on & DIB off, which option set is no longer available for any campaigns, new or old).

Last edited:
As far as I know, we can't just enable or disable it on the go in the ongoing campaigns. To make it enabled or disabled the game needs to create a new campaign from scratch. If you enabled it you need to play that game as enabled and vice versa. And that is not a bug but an intended choice.
Hogwash.

We managed to go all these months without deaths among our companions. If the devs have figured out how to kill them without starting a new campaign, they can easily turn it back off. I strongly encourage them adding a toggle for those of us who DON'T want to end a months-long campaign in order to return to the previous behavior.

Hey, not sure how this is resolved. I still get my companions and other characters dying in battles even though I have set the option to disabled in previous versions. It's probably due to a breaking change update, but if they do such they should implement the ability to change it any time via the campaign options or something.

Any updates on this?

Version: 1.5.9

Back
Top Bottom