1.5.5 Beta changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwezz

Sergeant at Arms
Browsing the forums I noticed not a lot of pepole got to play the 1.5.5 beta because of the dead servers. I didn't get to play much either but here are some of the biggest diffrences that I noticed while playing. Note-I don't know whenever these will be positive for the competitive skirmish/capitan meta, I am a mostly casual siege player.

Ranged combat changes:

1. Longbows/shortbows-as an archer main I'm happy with the direction the ranged combat is going. The diffrent types of bows actually feel diffrent enough to make me feel as if the type of bow I choose matters. In general, shortbows are much faster while sacrificing accuarcy and damage, and longbows are slower with a bit more damage, which I noticed puts them in the 1headshot-kill territory-I remember getting 101-103 dmg headshots instead of the usual 90-100. To give you an idea of how diffrent the bows are I ran a little test on 1.5.4 and 1.5.5:
    1.5.5 Sturgian Hunter
    -Faster bow perk 20-22 seconds to fire 10 arrows at max accuarcy
    -Stonger bow perk 28-30 seconds to fire 10 arrows at max accuarcy
    1.5.4 Palatine guard
    -Faster bow perk(fastest bow in 1.5.4) 23-25 seconds to fire 10 arrows at max accuarcy
    1.5.4 Batanian fiann
    -Stronger bow perk(slowest bow in 1.5.4) 25-27 seconds to fire 10 arrows at max accuracy
    Notice how im comparing the slowest and fastest bows in the game in 1.5.4 vs the standard shortbows and longbows a sturgian hunter gets, and how big the diffrence is. The direction here is definitely good, but it requiers a bit of balancing, as the stat nerfs for shortbows in particular were too harsh imo(you can't hit anything further than 100m with them).
  2. Crossbows-I don't think they were changed much, but they felt too powerful for me. Perhaps because the other ranged weapons are overall a bit less powerful now.
  3. Thorwing weapons-these felt underwhelming, most of them have lost thier 1headshot-ko potential(except for those with a 1-stack count), while not feeling that diffrent, but it might be because I don't use these as often as bows and I couldn't notice.
  4. Kickpila is back-I haven't actually tested it with a pila, but you can again make the kick-ranged weapon combo. It seems like it worked the best with shortbows and crossbows, particularly with crossbows and their 1 shot potential.

Crushthrough:
TaleWorlds listened and finally made them 2handed mace/hammer exclusive. This was the reason I quit playing multiplayer and I'm glad it's finally fixed. The maces themselves didn't seem to ever do more damage than 50 while getting a crushthrough.

Perk changes:
These felt better for me, might be beacuse I mainly played archers and I had actually meaningful choices when choosing my weapon. There are a couple strange ones in there, like the battanian archer getting thorwing weapons. But overall I didn't feel like these impacted the gameplay too much.

Feel free to correct me on any of these. I'm not a pro and the tests were done manually. Also I didn't get a chance to play capitan mode, but the ai is supossed to be adjusted to the weapon changes, would be cool if someone who did get a chance confirms.

Overall solid patch, gonna come back to multi once 1.5.5 goes live, since kickpila isn't as gameruining as crushthrough for me.

Last edited:
Crushthrough:
TaleWorlds listened and finally made them 2handed mace/hammer exclusive. This was the reason I quit playing multiplayer and I'm glad it's finally fixed. The maces themselves didn't seem to ever do more damage than 50 while getting a crushthrough.

I am also giving a green light for this change. I am really happy about this change. Also its now better than Warband as it stands because its not rng based.

As for ranged combat changes i am certainly not so happy to see that we go back to the situation 4-5 months ago. Kick Throwingspear , Kick Javelin , Kick Bow , Kick Crossbow should not in the game but for the damage and accuracy changes i am totaly happy about it. Crossbows fells like bit op.

+Battanian ranger throwing axe perk needs to go.

I am also giving a green light for this change. I am really happy about this change. Also its now better than Warband as it stands because its not rng based.

As for ranged combat changes i am certainly not so happy to see that we go back to the situation 4-5 months ago. Kick Throwingspear , Kick Javelin , Kick Bow , Kick Crossbow should not in the game but for the damage and accuracy changes i am totaly happy about it. Crossbows fells like bit op.

Warband crush just like bannerlord isn't RNG based.

Also i am not happy about the crush. It is very easy to reproduce, which means we will see a hammer meta for factions that have it.

if so it is my bad. But i do remember for the hammers it was't 100% if you met the criteria for the crush through. but for bannelord it seems like it is skill based now.

edit: yes it is easy to reproduce but now you have a ways to deal with it.
-Those weapons are slow
-If enemy doesn't hit you with the head of the weapon it does not crush throughs so if you keep close distance enemy can not abuse it
-Damage is now very low

Last edited:
if so it is my bad. But i do remember for the hammers it was't 100% if you met the criteria for the crush through. but for bannelord it seems like it is skill based now.

edit: yes it is easy to reproduce but now you have a ways to deal with it.
-Those weapons are slow
-If enemy doesn't hit you with the head of the weapon it does not crush throughs so if you keep close distance enemy can not abuse it
-Damage is now very low
+-30 dmg still sounds like a **** ton of damage to me

You were against the heaviest infantry of vlandia in the video, how well does it translate to let's say a rabble?
the maximum damage i saw was 50 (for the low armored classes) if i do remember correctly i turned back to 1.5.4. If i do remember correct, then for the rabble it takes 2-3 hits to kill a person with a low armor.

Last edited:
the maximum damage i saw was 50 (for the low armored classes) if i do remember correctly i turned back to 1.5.4. If i do remember correct, then for the rabble it takes 2-3 hits to kill a person with a low armor.
I guess we will only know when the patch is put live on the main branch in big servers like siege where it matters.

I guess we will only know when the patch is put live on the main branch in big servers like siege where it matters.
if you ask me sieges biggest problem is Maps. They are too big and made for like 200 vs 200 battles that will never happen and it feels tdm with flags not fun as what we have in Warband. It is also because of the class system.

What siege mp needs is this kind of maps.

Mp map maker team really needs to check warband siege maps (even vanilla ones)
but we will probably have to wait for custom servers.

Last edited:
if you ask me sieges biggest problem is Maps. They are too big and made for like 200 vs 200 battles that will never happen and it feels tdm with flags not fun as what we have in Warband. It is also because of the class system.

I agree a lot, this is why i have expressed it before, that small aserai siege map during the beta was the best map because it was so small and chaotic

Browsing the forums I noticed not a lot of pepole got to play the 1.5.5 beta because of the dead servers. I didn't get to play much either but here are some of the biggest diffrences that I noticed while playing. Note-I don't know whenever these will be positive for the competitive skirmish/capitan meta, I am a mostly casual siege player.

Ranged combat changes:

1. Kickpila is back-I haven't actually tested it with a pila, but you can again make the kick-ranged weapon combo. It seems like it worked the best with shortbows and crossbows, particularly with crossbows and their 1 shot potential.

Was never gone, its just harder then pre proximity bump when wielding ranged.

It isn't just that the maps don't fit the player count, it's also the fact that we've been stuck with the same 3 maps since the beginning of EA. But hopefully once the max player count gets bumped to 200/server (in like 3 years) the maps will feel better.

Was never gone, its just harder then pre proximity bump when wielding ranged.
I assumed it was gone because I hadn't played MP in quite some time, I still think it is much easier to kickshot in 1.5.5 though.

Haha yes! What's upp with that Battanian Ranger throwing axes? MEME material if nothing else. I can totally see a full 6 man stack and everyone going Ranger with throwing axes :grin:

Back
Top Bottom