SP - Player, NPCs & Troops 1.5.4 patch Cataphract helmet

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello to everyone!
I haven't played the game for some while. After a brake I went to try patch 1.5.4. The first thing that I saw was the changes on some imperial troops. Not sure if they came with 1.5.4 or 1.5.3 or 1.5.2. What do I want to say here. All changes are acceptable except the one on the cataphract. Why would you remove that epic and so distinctive and great helmet.

Lets make cataphract great again, thanks for your time.

i want to have mamluk heavy cav armor set like before, cataphract is your favorite, mine is mamluk. Please dont leave me alone

}
We all have our favorite troops and they make us love this game, Please don't take it away from us. These are my two favorite troops, Aserai mamluke heavy cavalry and Stugian Veterant warrior, i love them. I think it's a good idea if we all put our favorite troops into this topic, so devs know what we want, and they can make this game better

Last edited:
I feel inclined to cast my vote for "stupid" in this totally bigly unbiased poll.

... ... ...

Maybe I would cast a different vote if the poll was actually meaningful and created with open normally phrased answers.

Though not likely. It's not "like" I like the new helmet, but the old one was not really better imho.

As for the armor of the Mamelukes Heavy Cav. I'm conflicted. Because they are called Heavy Cav. however the game recognises them as Horse Archers, which in my opinion more or less exclude each other.

If they are to be Horse Archers, a lighter armor is ok, but the name is not. If they are to be heavy cav. they should have a heavy armor, visually aswell. This important especially in regard to the Aserai Vanguard Faris who wear the same armor and are more likely to be some sort of heavy cavalry.

I feel inclined to cast my vote for "stupid" in this totally bigly unbiased poll.

... ... ...

Maybe I would cast a different vote if the poll was actually meaningful and created with open normally phrased answers.

Though not likely. It's not "like" I like the new helmet, but the old one was not really better imho.

As for the armor of the Mamelukes Heavy Cav. I'm conflicted. Because they are called Heavy Cav. however the game recognises them as Horse Archers, which in my opinion more or less exclude each other.

If they are to be Horse Archers, a lighter armor is ok, but the name is not. If they are to be heavy cav. they should have a heavy armor, visually aswell. This important especially in regard to the Aserai Vanguard Faris who wear the same armor and are more likely to be some sort of heavy cavalry.
Mamluke heavy cav has only 23 arrow, i use them most in melee combat. Just love their armor set, i don't think much about whether they are stronger or weaker

Mamluke heavy cav has only 23 arrow, i use them most in melee combat. Just love their armor set, i don't think much about whether they are stronger or weaker

That could be changed, if they want to. If I gathered this correctly on the internet, a mameluke actually was some kind of slave soldiers, so these could basically be anything. As for the armor set, I think this would be worse:

AMamelukeonhorsebackwithaPitonorfoo.jpg
Wikipedia

Btw: I have not found any picture online of a Mamluk soldier with a decent helm. This one is the best I could find.

Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg

What kind is the Mameluk Heavy Cav wearing in 1.5.3?

That could be changed, if they want to. If I gathered this correctly on the internet, a mameluke actually was some kind of slave soldiers, so these could basically be anything. As for the armor set, I think this would be worse:

AMamelukeonhorsebackwithaPitonorfoo.jpg
Wikipedia

Btw: I have not found any picture online of a Mamluk soldier with a decent helm. This one is the best I could find.

Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg

What kind is the Mameluk Heavy Cav wearing in 1.5.3?
calradia is a fantasy place with a collection of countries close together, a thriving economy. 84 days a year, so don't over-tie that is realistic or not. I also read a lot about mamluk and battle of Ain Jalut, I don't even know why i love mamluk army, just want them to keep their appearance as before. Their cover face helmet make me feel like arab assassin.
Btw i found this picture, this is mamluk armor set in warband and the previous mamluk in bannerlord wear it too

Last edited:
Yeah, I really don't care if it was technically a Sturgian helmet or whatever, but the new cataphract helmet looks like ****.
Actually they went into north regions during time in history and the old helmet is actually from the persian cataphracts of sassanid empire but i didn,t see the new one yet. i have only played 1.5.0 version of the game by now.

The warband Mameluke armor looks great , maybe Taleworld should bring it to Bannerlord. Most of the armor sets in Bannerlord don't match the troops aesthetic or lack part of the sets. Vllandian Sergeants mail mittens look darker then the White tabard and mail body armor which looks blueish. Maybe bring back a lot of the armors from warband haha.

Back
Top Bottom