SP - General 1.5.4 needs major changes to trading, because right now trading is no longer viable. I would recommend the full reversal of the herd speed penalty too

Users who are viewing this thread

Could be that you get it cheaper as intended with the perk. Like its now for 2 mill and if you dont have the trading perk it costs 4

Could be that you get it cheaper as intended with the perk. Like its now for 2 mill and if you dont have the trading perk it costs 4

It's still a step back though because it just takes so long to get to that stage with the horse penalty and the trade at 300 (really hard to level).

It's still a step back though because it just takes so long to get to that stage with the horse penalty and the trade at 300 (really hard to level).
yeah good point but if they now take back the everything has a prize and if they chose to release it being able to buy it for everyone..it could be an option since traders or manipulators of the courts needs their special traits to while warriors and commanders can take it by force and make lots of money on war :smile:

"Everything has a price" shouldn't even be a perk.

I do not agree completely. Buying a fief, at least while you are not a lord of that faction, sounds more or less ridiculous to me. It is kind of strange even in the same faction, since you are basically overruling a decision of the kingdoms ruler and his council. It's nice to be able to do such thing, but it is very much a feat of a master trader. I think, being able to tell a lord of a faction:

"Hi, my name is Ragnar. I heard you are the owner of the town of Sargot. I'd like to buy it to put an h to its name. How much is it?"

While giving a way a fief you own, is easier, isn't it?. What I'm especially missing is bribing people to join my kingdom with the offer of a fief. I mean, right now, they do not keep their fief, if they join. Sounds about right to me. But I can't throw them out and then offer it back to them. Essentially I would have to convince them to join and then take their fief for them. That's strange.

Vladian Cav units...Vladian Cav units rules the waves xD 8.1--- Damn i wonder if they can reach 9 or something with excellent scout and some perks in riding etc since i have non of those at disposal atm..riding perks that is, scout is early half ways...Anyways think cavs is the way to go doing trading now as it where before to but now its more important i guess

Last edited:

8.0 being vladian with 19 sumpter horses so cav is the way to go...

Yep - it's really hard to get trade to 300. Still a huge step back.

I think the best suggestion is to make settlements from day 1 and a better level 300 perk.

I do not agree completely. Buying a fief, at least while you are not a lord of that faction, sounds more or less ridiculous to me. It is kind of strange even in the same faction, since you are basically overruling a decision of the kingdoms ruler and his council. It's nice to be able to do such thing, but it is very much a feat of a master trader. I think, being able to tell a lord of a faction:

"Hi, my name is Ragnar. I heard you are the owner of the town of Sargot. I'd like to buy it to put an h to its name. How much is it?"

While giving a way a fief you own, is easier, isn't it?. What I'm especially missing is bribing people to join my kingdom with the offer of a fief. I mean, right now, they do not keep their fief, if they join. Sounds about right to me. But I can't throw them out and then offer it back to them. Essentially I would have to convince them to join and then take their fief for them. That's strange.

You're not overruling a decision. It's a voluntary exchange for money and for a huge amount of money. The ruler has given their consent for the monetary amount specified.

There have been large amounts of land sold in the past. Perhaps a well known example is the the Louisiana Purchase (1803) between the United States and France.

How else do you plan on making trading competitive if you take it out? It would just not make the game a viable way to play.

Last edited:
I'd say make it lower the price to buy settlements but you can still buy stuff from day 1 if you have the cash.
Ok you want the game to be easier we get it :wink: economy should come with difficulty setting to then i guess

Ok you want the game to be easier we get it :wink: economy should come with difficulty setting to then i guess
So you need at least 1 million to buy a decent town that's not going to come to you overnight unless you exploit smithing or use cheats and I don't count that. Which means you need to play the game to make money and build up to get it. How you equate this to making the game easy I don't get. There's no easy button here it just removes the need for the perk to actually do the mechanic that TW put in place. Personally I don't play as a trader so I don't give a flying **** about this. What I want is for all playstyles to be viable and not hidden behind walls. If someone wants to do it why should they have to wait till they get to a magic number in trading? Either you can buy a town or you can't.

So you need at least 1 million to buy a decent town that's not going to come to you overnight unless you exploit smithing or use cheats and I don't count that. Which means you need to play the game to make money and build up to get it. How you equate this to making the game easy I don't get. There's no easy button here it just removes the need for the perk to actually do the mechanic that TW put in place. Personally I don't play as a trader so I don't give a flying **** about this. What I want is for all playstyles to be viable and not hidden behind walls. If someone wants to do it why should they have to wait till they get to a magic number in trading? Either you can buy a town or you can't.
1 mill for a town ? what cheats are you using ?! 1 mill is nothing when youre a fat trader in vanilla game without using cheese i can tell you that ^^

Last edited:
1 mill for a town ? what cheats are you using ?! 1 mill is nothing when youre a fat trader i can tell you that ^^
The point I'm making is that hiding game mechanics behind walls like this especially because it's so far down the perk chain. Let's be honest getting to 300 in trading isn't exactly something that's going to happen for literal years in the game. By that time players are either bored to tears or have changed how they play. It not a viable strategy. It's like using crossbows on horse it's so far down the chain that it's not practical to do it. Either you can use a light crossbow on a horse or you can't it shouldn't be determined by some magical perk.

The point I'm making is that hiding game mechanics behind walls like this especially because it's so far down the perk chain. Let's be honest getting to 300 in trading isn't exactly something that's going to happen for literal years in the game. By that time players are either bored to tears or have changed how they play. It not a viable strategy. It's like using crossbows on horse it's so far down the chain that it's not practical to do it. Either you can use a light crossbow on a horse or you can't it shouldn't be determined by some magical perk.
Agree that it shouldnt be at 300 though but around 200 and idk why they moved it as theres other things i dont know why but some guy there thought it was an good idea when he didnt think straight as have happened before or is there something else they have in mind for the bigger picture we dont just yet know about who knows....

I think the skill is so far in the tree since it requires more adjustment...

I was not far in game (day 480). I kept receiving some random useless castles in different corners of the kingdom with no chance to refuse and was dreaming to get rid of those. But even leaving thse with 0 garrison didn't help. Then I decided to get a town near one of the castles, conquered it almost by myself, but the voting got bugged and stuck for many weeks... As the result I got pissed off and just raised Trade to 300 with a console, took the perk and returned it back to ~150.

And here are the issues:
1) You get fiefs for free from the king if you have none or little and you can't simply take them with you (without serious consequences) if you leave the faction. So they are not 100% yours to sell either. I had 3 castles (~800, 800 and 400 prosp), and nobody wanted to vote for me for the next one. I was able to sell those to my faction lords for ~400k, 400k and 200k coins and then I immediately became the first person to receive the next castle and even sieged and received 4k prosp town right next to that castle (required some influenece, however).

2) It was even possible to sell fiefs to other faction (with absolutely no penalty and relations loss) and still become "the first to receice the next one", which definitly should not be the case.

You're not overruling a decision. It's a voluntary exchange for money and for a huge amount of money. The ruler has given their consent for the monetary amount specified.

How so? Where and when do they give consent? And what does their council say to this decision?

There have been large amounts of land sold in the past. Perhaps a well known example is the the Louisiana Purchase (1803) between the United States and France.

How else do you plan on making trading competitive if you take it out? It would just not make the game a viable way to play.

Uhem ... But that was a deal between nations, not individuals. The people iniitiating were the respective leaders who were acting in their respective functions in the interest of their nations. It was not a deal between a Mr. Jefferson, businessman from Charlottesville, and the governour of the Isle of Orlean.

It was even possible to sell fiefs to other faction (with absolutely no penalty and relations loss) and still become "the first to receice the next one", which definitly should not be the case.

This is, what I meant. It's not just property, it's territory.

How so? Where and when do they give consent? And what does their council say to this decision?

When they accept the amount that you offer. This is a voluntary transaction. You are paying money for a settlement. A large amount of money.

Uhem ... But that was a deal between nations, not individuals. The people iniitiating were the respective leaders who were acting in their respective functions in the interest of their nations. It was not a deal between a Mr. Jefferson, businessman from Charlottesville, and the governour of the Isle of Orlean.

This is, what I meant. It's not just property, it's territory.

Typically when you buy a settlement, the head of the clan of the settlement does the transaction.

In a setting like Bannerlord, the head of the clan gets the final authority. Bannerlord is not a setting where you would see a modern democracy. It's a setting where a head has the final say - it's an autocracy pretty much and that's how this time period was run.

Back
Top Bottom