SP - General 1.5.4 needs major changes to trading, because right now trading is no longer viable. I would recommend the full reversal of the herd speed penalty too

Users who are viewing this thread

So ive noticed...You can only have one horse and one pack horse or mule per person...If you go over this you get substantial penalty as an herd. If not you still gonna be speedy Gonzales...If you have cav units also you might be able to have more. Was fiddling around with my companion and my main so far

So ive noticed...You can only have one horse and one pack horse or mule per person...If you go over this you get substantial penalty as an herd. If not you still gonna be speedy Gonzales...If you have cav units also you might be able to have more. Was fiddling around with my companion and my main so far
That's always been the case, so what's your point?

That's always been the case, so what's your point?
has it now ? before you could spam pretty much packanimals with no repercussions. Now it feels more realistic (even if i do know 1 pack animal would had changed the speed alot anyways) in some way if were talking to the historians...Well the most gripe i have with this change is that if you have speed horses (only one above) you get -1 which can be a little bit steep. Still i havent played around with trader yet so havent digged that deep in to the big picture with this new change. But my other playthrus arent that bad being warriors that are living on equipment and slaves

Last edited:
When they accept the amount that you offer. This is a voluntary transaction. You are paying money for a settlement. A large amount of money.

But that only applies if you barter with the ruler of the faction. If you barter with a vessel it is not the case.
There are kingdoms. That is a fact. All of these have a council advising the ruler.
A lord gets a fief when it is granted by the ruler who either listens to the council or not. If he doesn't listen they get angry.

If you are a vessel and sell your fief, you are in fact overuling a decision of your ruler.
If you are ruler and sell a fief you may be acting within your authority as a ruler, but you should still piss of your council. (Though that does not seem to happen in the game)

So if you are the one buying a fief from one of these two possiblities, you ought to be a very very very good trader

Typically when you buy a settlement, the head of the clan of the settlement does the transaction.

In a setting like Bannerlord, the head of the clan gets the final authority. Bannerlord is not a setting where you would see a modern democracy. It's a setting where a head has the final say - it's an autocracy pretty much and that's how this time period was run.

Is bartering a fief only possible with the kingdoms ruler? As I said, there are kingdoms, that is a fact.
I am well aware, that Bannerlord is not a setting featuring a modern democracy. Noone is talking about democracy.

But the clan leader is not the highest entity in the respective factions, it is the ruler of said factions.

Maybe trading fiefs should be handled differently depending on whether you are selling or buying, whether you are trading within your faction our between factions and whether the trade is part of a joining offer or not.

But that only applies if you barter with the ruler of the faction. If you barter with a vessel it is not the case.
There are kingdoms. That is a fact. All of these have a council advising the ruler.
A lord gets a fief when it is granted by the ruler who either listens to the council or not. If he doesn't listen they get angry.

If you are a vessel and sell your fief, you are in fact overuling a decision of your ruler.
If you are ruler and sell a fief you may be acting within your authority as a ruler, but you should still piss of your council. (Though that does not seem to happen in the game)

So if you are the one buying a fief from one of these two possiblities, you ought to be a very very very good trader

From what I am seeing, the clans have a lot of autonomy.

They can:

1. Start armies and choose where to attack
  2. Propose to declare a war against the wishes of the ruler for which they would need a ton of influence to override
  3. Choose to join another kingdom if they are losing

I'd say that the clans have a lot of autonomy in this game.

So the ability to sell a town or castle isn't out of the expectations given how much autonomy they have.

I would have to agree partly now...Even if its a good idea to try hindering you running around freely with alot of things there is examples of when you EX: lost an battle and you still have 3 speed horses in your inventory that i used for my companions. And when im trying to get to my companions im instantly going down from 6.7 to 2.4. So i need to sell 2 horses just to be able to get to them safely or i have to pay fat bribes on the way because of the percentage calculator ^^ This mechanic certainly needs some tweaks. If it went to 4.5 something i would have been more understanding having to deal with 2 extra horses by myself

Last edited:
It's disturbing TW couldn't be bothered to open the files and put the .0 back infront of the 2 for the herd penalty last week or sooner.
TW you ****ed up.
Hurry up and remove the change.
Don't mess with it again.
Paddle the person who did that.
Stop taking weeks to un**** your mistakes, fix them immediately.
There's 100s of things that need to be fixed or added that players ACTUALLY WANT, there's no reason to be tinkering with stuff like this now.

It's disturbing TW couldn't be bothered to open the files and put the .0 back infront of the 2 for the herd penalty last week or sooner.
TW you ****ed up.
Hurry up and remove the change.
Don't mess with it again.
Paddle the person who did that.
Stop taking weeks to un**** your mistakes, fix them immediately.
There's 100s of things that need to be fixed or added that players ACTUALLY WANT, there's no reason to be tinkering with stuff like this now.
But there is...Trading has always been to lenient and easy and they need to fix it

But there is...Trading has always been to lenient and easy and they need to fix it
They need to remove the "bought item" requirement and the "profit" requirement and crank up the exp rate.
It too slow and worthless they can at least make it fast and give exp from every single sale.
You say it's easy, how many hours did it take you to get trade to 300?
Never done it have you, you just say meaning less junk like "X is too easy/OP" with zero experience.

They need to remove the "bought item" requirement and the "profit" requirement and crank up the exp rate.
It too slow and worthless they can at least make it fast and give exp from every single sale.
You say it's easy, how many hours did it take you to get trade to 300?
Never done it have you, you just say meaning less junk like "X is too easy/OP" with zero experience.
hmm cant remember last time when i was a trader exactly the time rate, but think it took me like the others around 3-4 irl days but during those days i could just run around not worrying about bandits or anything with all the stuff in the bags. Now its another story though so cant speak of it

So move the trait WAY down the ladder, like to 100 or so -

But nobles will only sell a property that isn't part of their native faction. So Sturgia will happily sell you, for a huge fortune, the holdings in Vlandia it captured. Owning a property gets you 1/2 the relationship hit that conquering gets it, so whatever noble originally owned your new town is always going to be pissed at you and that faction is always likely to try and get it back.

Nobles selling actual towns, villages and castles - the basis of their factions control over a region and the basis of a whole clans noble title, power, source of income and authority, is kinda silly. An exception would be if you're already pledged to a faction you should be able to trade towns/castles and buy villages with an influence expenditure and a positive relationship with the faction ruler.

The idea of a faction selling away part of its core territory was always a bit wonky. Someone mentioned the Louisiana Purchase - yeah, sure, they sold a chunk of land they'd claimed, never colonized and were not in a place to defend or settle. If you, as some trader from another land, had gone to the Duke of Burgundy in 1200 and said 'Hey, I'll give you a bunch of horses, these 30 carts of blood stained looter gear and 2 million Franc for Burgundy' at absolute best, absolute level best, you'd be laughed at. He might just take your 'deal' then laugh all the way to Paris as King Phillip the whatever sent his armies to kill you for try to steal part of his kingdom because only the King gets you make you Duke of Burgundy - because Burgundy is part of his Kingdom.

I'd rather see a deeper trade mechanic - have 4 or 5 or 6 shops in a town (with the right perks), be able to buy faction specific influence you can use to get nobles in a faction to do what you want. Hell, get a right of Monopoly (selling monopolies was a popular way for nobles to make money from wealthy merchants).

Just buying kingdoms though seems... I dunno. Really gamey. Yes it's a game and such but being an untitled foreigner and just buying big chunks of a kingdom has always seemed a bit odd.

Back
Top Bottom