1.5.3 More RNG less skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Firunien

#Feedrunien
Grandmaster Knight
So when using ranged weapons on horseback its now just a gamble if you hit or not, if you ride by an enemy like 3m away and throw/shoot at his centre its just luck if you hit or not. How about instead of aiming for ranged weapons we have a diceroll ?

So when using ranged weapons on horseback its now just a gamble if you hit or not, if you ride by an enemy like 3m away and throw/shoot at his centre its just luck if you hit or not. How about instead of aiming for ranged weapons we have a diceroll ?
Don't javs on horseback sometimes deal insane damage also? I'm not a cav player but as far as i remember their damage can be very high. Is this still a thing or it got fixed?

Finally the cav players can feel how throwing feels for inf. You are completely right, all throwing is gamble.
I was critical of the changes to throwing weapon accuracy from the start :grin:

Don't javs on horseback sometimes deal insane damage also? I'm not a cav player but as far as i remember their damage can be very high. Is this still a thing or it got fixed?
Depends on your speed, you get a buff by riding fast.

I don't really mind that accuracy is all over the place when you are moving as long as you'll be accurate when you stop moving. Pre 1.5 was ridiculous how accurate you were when you were jumping, running and riding.

Edit. I stand corrected. When trying to play as horse archer, there is currently no way to use bow on horseback effectively. After seeing how captain community lost their **** when 1.5 dropped, I guess this will make horse archers even more useless in captain.

Last edited:
Depends on your speed, you get a buff by riding fast.
I know it doesn't have much to do with accuracy, but still in this matter do you feel that this buff is something that can be abused or a fair mechanic?
Because i'm afraid that if throwing javelins on horseback becomes more precise and consistent/reliable, it could open up to a new era of spamming throwables on horseback.

Instead of making throwables inaccurate, it'd be better if the player could do more to dodge. That way even if you die you can still feel like you tried rather than tip-toeing from side-to-side praying they miss.

Instead of making throwables inaccurate, it'd be better if the player could do more to dodge. That way even if you die you can still feel like you tried rather than tip-toeing from side-to-side praying they miss.

I agree. I laughed too reading this. I know the feeling lol.

In the end, the dmg of ranged should have been nerfed and their ammo amount. Would have given ranged gameplay in cpt more meaningful decisions.

Every ranged cav nerf is win (even if its just a bugfix)

I know it doesn't have much to do with accuracy, but still in this matter do you feel that this buff is something that can be abused or a fair mechanic?
Because i'm afraid that if throwing javelins on horseback becomes more precise and consistent/reliable, it could open up to a new era of spamming throwables on horseback.
I think its a good mechanic because you take a huge risk by riding towards somebody in full speed, cant turn as fast and the damage increase by speed also is applied to you. I dont want javs to be more accurate on horseback then they were before this update, i think they were absolutely fine.

We are improving the mechanics for Archery and Throwing weapons, which will allow us to achieve weapon specific behaviour when it comes to readying up and aiming. This will allow us to create more unique feeling weapons and be able to adjust them independently rather than all together like in the last patch.

But overthink the punishment of throwing while walking. Its just gambling. And standing still while throwing is almost never an option since you loose missile speed.

honestly I think its a good nerf. using ranged accurately while outmanoeuvring everyone else just isn't right. maybe javelins but whole bows and arrows shouldn't be able to be used properly with cav. its super annoying to deal with and op most of the time

honestly I think its a good nerf. using ranged accurately while outmanoeuvring everyone else just isn't right. maybe javelins but whole bows and arrows shouldn't be able to be used properly with cav. its super annoying to deal with and op most of the time
Ah yes, completely nerf a class into the ground because you find it super annoying to deal with? Not how balancing works at all.

It should be more accurate at lower speeds than it currently is.

Ah yes, completely nerf a class into the ground because you find it super annoying to deal with? Not how balancing works at all.

It should be more accurate at lower speeds than it currently is.
Annoying mechanics shouldnt exist, because we play games to have fun, and being annoyed is not fun.

Annoying mechanics shouldnt exist, because we play games to have fun, and being annoyed is not fun.

i thought being annoying was the most awaited feature of this game !
Ok i am going back to my batcave

P.s more RNGD more Nubijuki ( tales says that he's lost in Paris hunting infected people with his white horse )

Back
Top Bottom