Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

ScarryHarry

Recruit
So I took a quest from Rath of the Battanian's (Caladog's son and new ruler) to recruit 15 skirmishers for a castle. However, despite only having -2 relation with him and no issues with Battania as a whole, I get to the castle and the guards won't let me in with the message "Lord has forbidden you to enter and the sergeant warns he will open fire on you"

So, I have all 15 skirmishers ready and only 1 day left of quest (these are already hard enough to do and you have to spend all that time trying to find anything to kill), however, I am not freaking allowed the castle they told me to put them? I even reloaded and went to talk to the lord in the same day and he doesn't take them personally either, so now I'm forced to fail and lose 5 relation with him for being a total a-hole lol.

example pic

Unfortunately, I no longer have a hard save or auto save from before that point...would have been smart to save and extra, huh? I can try and provide a little more detail or a add a current save? But the bulk of it was:

I accepted the quest just fine and only had -2 relation with the lord at the time
Was a merc with another kingdom but not at war at all
No issues or relation changes happened in the 30(?) day window while doing quest
No other reason I can think of unless Honor -1 on my character would affect no being able to enter a fief, but then why would he even let my do that quest if he didn't want me entering his castle.

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. I'll inform you if the QA team cannot reproduce this and need a save file.

I have been informed that a fix will be implemented regarding this issue with the later patches. Thanks for reporting!
TY! Sorry for a late reply. I also noticed the recent patch fixing the bug from 'Lord Needs Horses' that made it keep going to failure when lord is killed/imprisioned...had that happen a while back and think I commented on a report elsewhere. I do appreciate the efforts thus far! Lot of good fixes and additions.

I have the same problem, "Garios needs garrison troops in Onica Castle." I can't complete the task, in the towns they give the option to talk with some one. Im playing in 1.5.5 beta.

This remains an issue in 1.5.6. I am unable to enter garontor castle to hand over troops.
The sad thing is this should be a simple if/then check added to castle entry requests: If you have a quest from the owning lord, and you're not at war, you are given entry to the castle. 60 seconds worth of coding.

Back
Top Bottom