[1.5.2]settlements' issues reduced prosperity seems unreasonable

Users who are viewing this thread

ya took over hybar recently and i didnt realize how much of a mess it was. 0 prosperity with a -8 to the rating. after doing a pass and taking out 6 bandit camps, doing 4 notable missions and completing a bunch of buildings in the town? still cant get over 10 prosperity before things start to go wrong again. I dont see it as a town anymore, but just a big castle lol.

I think low prosperity cities are basically trapped in a death spiral. If the city has low prosperity, in the 3,000 or lower range, there seems to be constant issues spawning in the city and attached villages. While my 7,000+ prosperity cities seem to be perfectly happy with issues spawning rarely in the city and attached villages.

In order to nurse one of these low prosperity cities back to health you seem to have to constantly do their issues in-game for months or years on end (hours in real life) until the prosperity gets high enough the issue spawn rate drops. Otherwise all your work will be reversed in minutes of real world time as new issues spawn and the prosperity death spirals again.

Last edited:
I’m surprised there haven’t been more posts about how broken settlements are. I am guessing most people are fatigued with the game and stopped caring/posting.

Wait for modders to fix the game. If TW can release Mod tools the community will probably clean this game up in a fraction of the time it is going to take TW.

From what I read. The people who started 6 months ago on day 1 of early access were plagued with crash bugs. I'm probably a phase 2 tester as I started 2 weeks ago and I'm now plagued not by crashes, but in-game issues.

We probably lost a ton of early access testers over the last 6 months. So now that the game is stable enough to play for 4+ hours straight without a crash we have fewer people testing it and reporting the issues possibly?

Also: If you're having performance issues: new AMD Radeon drivers 20.9.1 have completely solved the issues for me. I have no Nvidia computers anymore to comment on the Nvidia drivers which might be causing issues though.

I definitely agree with the mod tools release commentary. I'd love to mess around with or re-write pathing and AI to be more responsive.

Back
Top Bottom