[1.5.2] OBS Studio cannot see the game (black screen)

Users who are viewing this thread

1.5.2 OBS Studio cannot see the game (black screen)

Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Any other games are fine.

Prior to this update, OBS Studio was capturing everything fine.

Window capture compatibility with anti-cheat tried to enable / disable - does not help.

Video card: RTX 2080

Capturing the window instead of capturing the game does not help.

MY3Mn0V.jpg

Yep. It's the new anti-cheat update. I know for a fact because I uninstalled my BattleEye to check and sure enough, while I could not play multiplayer because I disabled anti-cheat, I could see the game capture again. The anti-cheat compatibility hook in OBS Studio has not been updated to work with the new BattleEye software, and I really hope it gets fixed soon. I don't know who has the authority to implement this fix, but I would assume it's TaleWorlds.

Yep. It's the new anti-cheat update. I know for a fact because I uninstalled my BattleEye to check and sure enough, while I could not play multiplayer because I disabled anti-cheat, I could see the game capture again. The anti-cheat compatibility hook in OBS Studio has not been updated to work with the new BattleEye software, and I really hope it gets fixed soon. I don't know who has the authority to implement this fix, but I would assume it's TaleWorlds.
Cool to know this is the issue, thanks!

You have RTX 2080 just use Nvidia's capture system -- never had any issues with it....

nvidia shadowplay lacks functionality.

OBS Studio is mission critical.

Before that there were also problems with Bandicam, but OBS Studio is much more important.

This is a serious problem, which also affects the popularization of the game through streams and guides.

I'm not going to read the rest of the thread but I did a Ctrl+F for driver and nobody has mentioned display drivers or graphics drivers.

I walked a friend through updating their display drivers in a separate instance and that resolved the issue of OBS failing to capture from any source.

Decent enough guide from a skim:

My basic process would be:
Open dxdiag
Check display tab, verify what GPU is installed if you don't know
Go to manufacturer's page, either use autodetect or manually select which GPU is installed. The latter can sometimes be difficult but usually common sense that if your card begins with e.g. NVS that it's the NVS series for NVIDIA.

Updating display drivers is a pretty low risk operation and no you don't have to uninstall the existing ones first (normally), overwriting the old ones should happen automagically.

OP may have even already resolved this issue but if nobody has mentioned display drivers on a thread about OBS issues, worth a mention.

Back
Top Bottom