[1.5.2 beta] Garrison and troops don't disband when no money is paid (no money on MC)....ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: After waiting in town as an experiment I ran out of money, strangely I noticed my garrison was fully intact. Time went on and on and no soldiers left, even if taken into party? I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended. I assumed I would start to lose troops if they were not paid. If there's something I'm missing please let me know.
How to Reproduce
: Load the .sav wait in town, or walk around, troops seemingly don't care that they haven't been paid in a season or 2.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMECC2vITDdy93fS16ZsIAS-GPCytEUH/view?usp=sharing
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: nividia 1050 ti
CPU: i5-4750
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):game on SSD OS on HDD

I'm bumping this because it's been moved from tech support with no response. Although I've moved onto 1.5.3 beta I'd still like to know about this.
If any of the smart guys @Bannerman Man @Apocal @mylittletantan know how the desertion of garrison and party via not being paid is supposed to work?

Is it that the game expects you to lose food due to no money and then lose moral from no food to cause a disband? That didn't happen to me in my scenario as I had massive food.

1.5.2 dlls
Checked DesertionCampaignBehavior.DailyTick and Town.CheckDesertionInGarrison (castles are also towns).
The only time a garrison could have troops desert would be if it was over size limit, the settlement is starving or due to issues (quests). It does not use morale and so is unaffected by your money problems. (Unless garrisons are considered lord parties but I believe they are not.)

For a lord party and caravans morale has to be lower than 10 for desertion to happen, you have probably compensated the negative morale of unpaid wages with food/skills etc. so it's above 10, that's why they don't desert.

1.5.2 dlls
Checked DesertionCampaignBehavior.DailyTick and Town.CheckDesertionInGarrison (castles are also towns).
The only time a garrison could have troops desert would be if it was over size limit, the settlement is starving or due to issues (quests). It does not use morale and so is unaffected by your money problems. (Unless garrisons are considered lord parties but I believe they are not.)

For a lord party and caravans morale has to be lower than 10 for desertion to happen, you have probably compensated the negative morale of unpaid wages with food/skills etc. so it's above 10, that's why they don't desert.
Wow thank you for the explanation! That's a very forgiving set up.
That's concerning about the quest issues though. Do you know if it's a certain quest that has this effect? I've been mostly ignoring the quests in my towns and didn't notice garrison change, but I might have missed it or lucked out.

Looks like they haven't actually added the effect to any issues yet, just prepared everything for it to happen. In future updates they may change or add new issues with this effect but until then over size limit and starvation are the only causes for garrison desertion.

I think it's worth pointing out that garrison parties do have morale, and upaid wages will reduce it. It still won't cause desertion, but it does at least have an effect on in-battle morale, which can cause garrison troops to rout sooner. This is especially true for npc clans with < 8k gold, because they will stop paying garrison wages in order to pay for groceries, and as a result they get hit with the full force of the debuff.

tYJiv.png

Something else I noticed while looking into this is that militia parties will nearly always have a constant morale debuff of -10 to -15, because they technically only have a max party size of 20 troops, and any troops over that amount will cause an "exceeding party limit" morale penalty. This isn't exactly ideal, since the defenders in sieges usually need all the help they can get.

I think it's worth pointing out that garrison parties do have morale, and upaid wages will reduce it. It still won't cause desertion, but it does at least have an effect on in-battle morale, which can cause garrison troops to rout sooner. This is especially true for npc clans with < 8k gold, because they will stop paying garrison wages in order to pay for groceries, and as a result they get hit with the full force of the debuff.

tYJiv.png

Something else I noticed while looking into this is that militia parties will nearly always have a constant morale debuff of -10 to -15, because they technically only have a max party size of 20 troops, and any troops over that amount will cause an "exceeding party limit" morale penalty. This isn't exactly ideal, since the defenders in sieges usually need all the help they can get.
That debuff coupled with the low skill set and equipment of most militia no wonder they get their asses handed to them.

Back
Top Bottom