Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
No crash dumb it didnt even load the crash reporter after crashing

Jarl Snow

Recruit
Summary: When 1.5.10 just got out i installed it and started playing with a few mods. After playing for a while on a fresh character my game just wouldn't let me past the main menu, when i finally got in it would crash next time i saved the game with an audio stutter sound in my headset.

My first thought was mods, so i did a clean reinstall of the game and manually installed everything related to bannerlord on my PC. I made a new character and everything ran smooth for a good year in game. After that the same thing happened again.

Third attempt to play 1.5.10. It had been a while since i did a fresh reinstallation of windows, and i thought maybe it was my computer that had issues. Weird thing however was that no other games were having this issue and i play some quite ressource demanding ones like bannerlord (Valhalla etc.). For this reason i reinstalled windows, downloaded latest drivers etc and then bannerlord. I booted up and made yet a third character. Again everything was working fine for a year ingame. Then after this the crashes started happening. This time differently it started out when i was winning tournaments or completing battles waiting for loot/prisoners. Now after many great attempts to get past the main menu ive fully given up unless i get technical support / suggestions of what i can try. Ive seen some reviews of this beta branch on youtube and it looks like no one is having this particular issue. Maybe alot of people just havent played more than a year of this campaign.

How to Reproduce: On a freshly installed v1.5.10 play for a year ingame and win several tournaments / fights till you crash.
Have you used cheats and if so which: none but 2nd playthrough i manually edited some troops in spnpccharacters(battanian units) and armor values in spitems (swapped stats with luxury brigandine and scale armor, put color on battania simple cape.)
Scene Name (if related): Any battanian tournament or looterfight in battania realm
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 466.47
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
RAM: 32,0 GB
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250GB + one more of these

What do you see on this pathway?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\crashes\... You should be able to see crash dump files.
Also, can you send us the save file you loaded before the crash? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

There isn't a folder with "crashes" under programdata only logs and shaders. It didnt come with the fresh reinstallation. It might have been there before i reset the pc but surely isnt now. Game just crashes and doesnt come up with the option to send in.

But i uploaded the save file to you with the instructions above. Hope you can solve this I cant wait playing without crashing again :smile:

Last edited:
We are not able to reproduce this issue on your save file. Please let us know if this crash also happens on non modded games as well
As i mentioned in description this was both happening on modded / unmodded versions and even on fresh reinstallation of windows.

Spend a year ingame get clan tier 1, and win tournaments with or without betting. Crashes every battanian tournament i do, didnt bother testing any other tournament setting. And after experiencing the first round of crashes i stopped doing tournaments and played around with looters but ended up crashing just the same just not after every battle. I couldnt play for an hour without experiencing a crash sadly, on fresh windows/newest driver / no other files installed on PC except driver, steam and bannerlord. Didnt even come up with crash tool.

It was tested on various new characters made a new one for each time i reinstalled. So to be clear - i managed to reproduce this error on more than 3 characters in 3 completely different PC settings just to make sure it wasnt just my PC.

Ive already attempted that. There was only mods on the first character i did with this bug.

2nd playthrough all mods removed still hapenned (thought it was pc related lol) -> rolled back to 1.5.9 new character no problems

3rd playthough -> reset my entire PC new character (0 mods) Still started crashing randomly and very often(guaranteed when winning tournaments) after 1 year ingame. The tournaments where in battania. Now i dont have the save anymore so i cant test other cities but there was just too many crashes for me to enjoy it.

I would like to test this again but it will be a time after this campaign on 1.5.9, prob gonna update you guys after the next hotfix you pull

Back
Top Bottom