In Progress 1.5.10 companion death/survival / companions are immortal never get killed in battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.10.269082
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
-
Summary:1.5.10 companion death/survival is godlike , no deaths in 30 battles !even sending them to attack while my rest of the army waits...ends up them ...being wounded thats all...no biggie...what a goddamn joke, it was fine in 1.5.9 not this with this strange godlike companions, who the hell asked for this 'death in battle' to be nerfed so much? the devs DONT TAILOR THE GAME FOR YOU , it was fine in 1.5.9 ffs, now no companion dies after tens of battles even with starting equipment what the meaning of this?
hire any companion>>send them to battle ( max 10 ) @ clan =tier 6 , laugh, its really pathetic also ! even naked !
How to Reproduce:play 1.5.10 ON BANNERLORD PRESET , start a game on bannerlord preset/ hire any 1/2 companions play the game a bit do battles companions get wounded but never die?

this 'nerf' in 1.5.10, basicly ruins the game for me, at first i thought this must be some sort of a joke or oversight, nope its intentional.

iv tested with reduction 100,50,0 in ingame game options, all yield 100% survival after tens of battle wtf?? nobody dies everyone is 'wounded' and never killed.
Have you used cheats and if so which:No
Scene Name (if related):-
Media (Screenshots & Video):-
Computer Specs:-
GPU:-
GPU Driver Version:-
CPU:-
RAM:-
Motherboard:-
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):-

edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Def a bug, as I actually have the death - turned into KO to 100% chance, and yet they still die.

You sure you dont have that chance at 100% and its working as intended?
My companions are fairly good armoered, not top-notch as I cant afford it.(yet)

Try to change it, I belive its under the Campaign options fairly low down, so you may need to scroll to reveal it.
Try another setting than the one you have it on.

Def a bug, as I actually have the death - turned into KO to 100% chance, and yet they still die.

You sure you dont have that chance at 100% and its working as intended?
My companions are fairly good armoered, not top-notch as I cant afford it.(yet)

Try to change it, I belive its under the Campaign options fairly low down, so you may need to scroll to reveal it.
Try another setting than the one you have it on.

@hr443

1.Download DNSpy or Visual Basic
2. Open the Programm
3. Open the TalesworldCampaign.dll
4. Search for the "DefaultPartyHealingModel" class
5. Search in this Class for the "GetSurvivalChance" Method(seen below)
6. Change the red number and you will have a slaughter like you wished
7.Dont forget in excitement to save the file

If you want the Death Chance should be equal to 100% we will speak again

public override float GetSurvivalChance(PartyBase party, CharacterObject character, DamageTypes damageType, PartyBase enemyParty = null)
{
if (character.IsHero)
{
if (character.HeroObject.AlwaysDie)
{
return 0f;
}
if (character.HeroObject.AlwaysUnconscious)
{
return 1f;
}
}
if (damageType == DamageTypes.Blunt)
{
return 1f;
}
ExplainedNumber explainedNumber = new ExplainedNumber(character.IsHero ? 10f : 1f, false, null); ===> Change this to 1 or 0 and everybody will die
float result;
if (party != null && party.MobileParty != null)
{
MobileParty mobileParty = party.MobileParty;
SkillHelper.AddSkillBonusForParty(DefaultSkills.Medicine, DefaultSkillEffects.SurgeonSurvivalBonus, mobileParty, ref explainedNumber);
if (((enemyParty != null) ? enemyParty.MobileParty : null) != null && enemyParty.MobileParty.HasPerk(DefaultPerks.Medicine.DoctorsOath, false))
{
SkillHelper.AddSkillBonusForParty(DefaultSkills.Medicine, DefaultSkillEffects.SurgeonSurvivalBonus, enemyParty.MobileParty, ref explainedNumber);
}
explainedNumber.Add((float)character.Level * 0.02f, null, null);
if (!character.IsHero && party.MapEvent != null && character.Tier < 3)
{
PerkHelper.AddPerkBonusForParty(DefaultPerks.Medicine.PhysicianOfPeople, party.MobileParty, false, ref explainedNumber);
}
ExplainedNumber explainedNumber2 = new ExplainedNumber(1f / explainedNumber.ResultNumber, false, null);
if (character.IsHero && party.IsMobile && party.MobileParty.HasPerk(DefaultPerks.Medicine.CheatDeath, true))
{
explainedNumber2.AddFactor(DefaultPerks.Medicine.CheatDeath.SecondaryBonus, DefaultPerks.Medicine.CheatDeath.Name);
}
result = 1f - MBMath.ClampFloat(explainedNumber2.ResultNumber, 0f, 1f);
}
else
{
result = 1f - 1f / explainedNumber.ResultNumber;
}
return result;
}

@Medivhtratos, thank you very much good man the solution was staring me in the face, yeah time for everyone to die for sure, since as of 1.5.10 its bugged​

im not sure its ok to post what you posted here, devs will get the wrong ideea and prevent people to enjoy their games, i dont want that to happen in bannerlord , i advise next time please pm me or direct message me or whatever its called around taleworlds forums.

Thing is, I'm hearing multiple people per day complain on Discord that companions DiB even with the new companion death chance reduced by 100% (i.e. set to 0% chance of death). The OP is claiming he's experiencing the opposite of what I'm continually hearing is the case. Then he says that companions not dying has "ruined the game" for him? Seems a little odd, especially taken together. Both are low-probability scenarios, and two of them in one post...

Anyway, I can't check whether or not the system is bugged, since I (a GOG customer) have no access to latest version. But the bug I keep hearing people talk about is the exact opposite of how the OP says it is.

Thing is, I'm hearing multiple people per day complain on Discord that companions DiB even with the new companion death chance reduced by 100% (i.e. set to 0% chance of death). The OP is claiming he's experiencing the opposite of what I'm continually hearing is the case. Then he says that companions not dying has "ruined the game" for him? Seems a little odd, especially taken together. Both are low-probability scenarios, and two of them in one post...

Anyway, I can't check whether or not the system is bugged, since I (a GOG customer) have no access to latest version. But the bug I keep hearing people talk about is the exact opposite of how the OP says it is.
I'm not even sure if it is a bug since I've found a method with name "AddCompanionAndClanmembersToSettlement". This method in the code made it clear, at least for myself, that a Companion is a different character like clanmember(brother, sister). I will wait till I get a official dev response to that.

I'm confused. As I mentioned, I don't have access to latest beta, so I haven't seen the option in question, but isn't it labelled "companion" death chance? In which case, if it's reduced by 100% and companions (as opposed to family) are still dying, then it's bugged (in the opposite way to the OP's claim).

Update: I saw the screenshot in the thread you linked. I get what you're saying now. Well, if what you say is true, then there's a discrepancy between the definition of "clan member" in the game's code and the definition given in game. If you open the encyclopedia, it lists all companions as clan members, along with your family.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom