Resolved [1.5.10 BETA]Ranged Units not shooting at Horse Archers sometimes(Again), new patch, same old bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Sometimes, for no reason my Horse Archers will just stand rather getting shot and not return fire on enemy horse archers. I've reported this before on other versions and it's been patched before and it's came back before too, well IT'S BACK! I don't want to have to re-load the game 1/3 of the time because of troops not doing thier basic function. Ranged units with ammo need to SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT no excuses, no exceptions, whatever the issue is, rip it out and stop putting it back in.
How to Reproduce: Put Horse archers in a perfect spot to shoot incoming enemy horse archer..... sometimes they shoot them fine... sometimes they just don't.
Have you used cheats and if so which: NO

Media (Screenshots & Video):

Here's another vid too.

Last edited:
Cavalry can block their view if they stood behind one another. What orders were given to the troops before the video started recording? Were there any troops that refuse to shoot even after ordered to shoot or move?

Cavalry can block their view if they stood behind one another. What orders were given to the troops before the video started recording? Were there any troops that refuse to shoot even after ordered to shoot or move?
In the 1st video they are in default formation and moved to the back left of the map. In the second video they are in loose formation and also moved to the back left of the map. The first 1/2 of them are certainly clear of obstruction from allies. They're not on hold fire and all have bows out. This happens in other maps too and in the back middle of the map. Putting them on and off of hold fire does not seem to make them immediately notice or fire on enemies, eventually some will start to shoot, but it's not the performance I expect and usually see. Charging them will cause them to attack normally, but that's not an optimal play, I position them this way because I want to butcher the enemy HA ASAP. Leaving them in their starting position I don't have this problem, however that too is not the best as they may still let HA get behind them
They don't shoot most often on this steppe type map, in the back left area of the map, though I have experienced it in other maps too.

I wonder if some thing on the map is obstructing them in some way not visible to the player (it looks open and clear), however the enemy seem to see and fire on them normally.

Forwarded, thanks!
I have to amend some of my observations after playing more and more. Sadly they can still get stuck not shooting in the starting spawn area sometimes, Likewise, sometimes charging them will still not make them attack the enemy HA and they ride past them towards the distant enemies. It also sometimes seems to effect the enemy as they seem to stop shooting and ride around my troops strangely. I kinda suspect maybe some terrain items like the stubby little bushes in the picture may be to blame as I often notice the problem on the maps where they're present, though it has happened on other maps.

Do you have a save file just before the battle of the second picture?
I don't. Is it the terrain or a battle with this problem you want .sav for? I can keep an eye out for it or try to recreate the situation on a older .sav. It's unlikely to occur naturally in my current game as I've captured all of the Khuzaits, so no more horse archer to fight against.

I can confirm this bug is also happening to me in 1.5.10 beta, extremely annoying and unplayable.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom