1.5.10 Are the peace declarations this exploitable?

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems like that should be when peace offers happen. Making peace when your enemy is poised to do serious damage to you is reasonable. It is certainly better than than old "come at me, bro" kingdom peace decisions which sometimes had middling kingdoms fighting the two strongest factions until they got smashed to dust.
I think there is a big misunderstanding here. For one, why would Garios accept the peace treaty? They were in the midst of ASSAULTING Lycaron, as in their men were on the walls when the treaty occurred, while another army was sieging Sedastim castle. More importantly, THEY are the ones paying tribute instead of us. Peace treaty tributes dont take into effect current campaign situations, only numbers of casualties it seems. The Western Empire's decision has no logic behind it.

I think there is a big misunderstanding here. For one, why would Garios accept the peace treaty?
Oh, because peace decs are one-way. The other (non-player) faction can't say no.

More importantly, THEY are the ones paying tribute instead of us. Peace treaty tributes dont take into effect current campaign situations, only numbers of casualties it seems.
Yeah, that's exactly what it counts. They had to count casualties heavily because sieges were (are) inconsistent.

Last edited:
@JustinTime49 Also my guess as to why you were receiving tribute, is likely because Western empire had a second war declared on them. So the deal gets sweeter when someone else declares war on the person you are at war with. Can't be sure as you didn't show them in the video.

Also a note to those guys who think instant war and peace declarations are bug, it is actually the AI's way at renegotiating tribute prices. This should become much more clear when they finally add in declaration "reasons"

Yeah, that's exactly what it counts. They had to count casualties heavily because sieges were (are) inconsistent.
From the video, we, the southern empire, were declared war on by the Khuzaits when fighting a - losing - war against the Western Empire. Garios was in the midst of sieging, successfully I might add, Lycaron when the prompt for peace showed up. Was wondering if this has happened to others, as this is not the first, but rather the most extreme instance this happened in my playthrough.
Should have clarified, but the reason Garios was able to siege to begin with was because his army caught two of our armies sieging Saneopa and massacred them. He was simply pushing the advantage. The reason for our inflicted casualties was because of me (the player) laying waste to a few of their armies BEFORE the Khuzatis declared war against us. His siege casualties would have been sufficient to capture, well, the capital of the Empire.

@JustinTime49 Also my guess as to why you were receiving tribute, is likely because Western empire had a second war declared on them. So the deal gets sweeter when someone else declares war on the person you are at war with. Can't be sure as you didn't show them in the video.
I don't recall exactly as it was a while ago, but I think you might be right, as Battania was a force to be reckoned with. Still, the same happened with us, with the addition that we had no armies (destroyed) and were declared war by the Khuzaits who outnumbered us at the time. In the video you could see that 4 locations were under siege by the pincer. I know I might be choking on words begged by the community before in terms of snowballing, but I think that fighting wars on multiple fronts is important for the game to still be challenging, especially when playing as a vassal. The peace declaration felt way to artificial. To me, there would be no reason for the Western Empire to give up their advantage and pay US so that they can travel across the map only to disperse their army because of cohesion.
Also a note to those guys who think instant war and peace declarations are bug, it is actually the AI's way at renegotiating tribute prices. This should become much more clear when they finally add in declaration "reasons"
I see, I do hope they provide a less... non-sensical remedy, this has happened in my campaign a couple of times since this post.

Back
Top Bottom