In Progress [1.5.1 Beta] Crash when introducing self to Lord or Notables [.sav]

Users who are viewing this thread

Just today having a crash every time I talk to a notable or lord after introducing myself and pressing continue. Crashes on the map dialogue, In the town center, in the Keep, via the "request a meeting" at a castle and the talk bar in a town. Not sure if this will occur with lords I have already met. Does not occur talking to looters or caravans on map.

Already validated steam files.

Unusual circumstances, I have lost 2 husbands in combat in already (experimenting with death enabled), something that has never happened before. Gotta get that 3rd husband but crashes whenever I talk to anyone!

Edit: In fact loading a save from before Bortu has his hunting accident and preceding a few days till time of reported .sav does not have the crash problems. Doesn't mean it caused this though. I might try to get him accidentally on purpose killed in this save and see if it causes problems again.

Summary: crash every time I talk to a notable or lord after introducing myself and pressing continue. Crashes on the map dialogue, In the town center, in the Keep, via the "request a meeting" at a castle and the talk bar in a town
How to Reproduce
: Load .sav below, go to any town or castle and talk to lord or notable, introduce self and press continue. I haven't tried literally everyone of course but at least 10 or so.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YSmgOcA2s3r3alDlithCO3RlHkcCSxJp/view?usp=sharing
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Ab Comer Castle, Pen Cannoc, Pravend
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.5.1
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs
:
GPU: nivivdia geforce 1050 ti
CPU: i5-4570
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS on HDD, game on SSD

Last edited:
This problem continues to come up eventually in apparent working saves I revert to. I keep multiple manual saves in case it happens but it's not a very good workaround as it can be hard to know this problem has started as I don't constantly talk to NPCs.

Back
Top Bottom