[1.5.0] Which added perks work? [Resolved]

Users who are viewing this thread

Gerta

Sergeant
  • Added 13 combat-related Athletics perks.
  • Added 10 campaign-related archery perks.
  • Added 8 campaign-related crossbow perks.

Would be nice to know which added perks actually work.
Based on my testing, the archery and crossbow perks that allow you to use any bow on horseback and reload any crossbow on horseback do not work. I created new save and used console commands to level up all skills.
As for the 13 added athletic perks, does this mean that all athletics perks are now working? According to Bannerlordperks.com, in 1.4.3 there were 13 athletic perks that were either unimplemented or partially implemented.

EDIT: Quoting Duh

Hey everyone, just to clarify the situation - by campaign perks, we are referring to anything that happens outside of combat missions. With combat perks, on the other hand, we are referring to the perks that apply to combat missions. In this case the missing athletic perks were combat perks and as they were added all athletic perks should be working now.

For archery the following campaign perks should be working:
merrymen, trainer, bullseye: primary + secondary effects.
mountedarchery, discipline, hunterclan , eagle eye, renowned archer, quickdraw , salvo : secondary effect

For crossbow the following campaign perks should be working:
Peasant Leader , RenownMarksmen :primary &secondary effects
Piercer, Mounted Crossbowmen, steady, sniper, pavise: secondary effect
Terror picked shots : primary effect

If any of these are not working, please let me know.

We are adding the empty perks alongside the properly implemented ones, because different teams are working on the campaign and combat perks and this helps us reduce code conflicts and speed up the overall process.

Last edited:
Would be nice to know which added perks actually work.
Based on my testing, the archery and crossbow perks that allow you to use any bow on horseback and reload any crossbow on horseback do not work. I created new save and used console commands to level up all skills.
As for the 13 added athletic perks, does this mean that all athletics perks are now working? According to Bannerlordperks.com, in 1.4.3 there were 13 athletic perks that were either unimplemented or partially implemented.
I'm still downloading 1.5, are you saying that it's showing the same perk tree for bows? That's weird because so far they been replacing them when they change perks. The campaign part means that its the non-combat related effects. For athletics, they likely turned on most of the un-working effects of the perks listed on bannerlord perks. That's surprising and upsetting if they didn't change bow though. The recent trend is to add a 275 perk that gives a continuing effect wich bow doesn't have.

Glad they updated the perk tree in line with others don't want this post to be confusing.

Last edited:
I'm still downloading 1.5, are you saying that it's showing the same perk tree for bows? That's weird because so far they been replacing them when they change perks. The campaign part means that its the non-combat related effects. For athletics, they likely turned on most of the un-working effects of the perks listed on bannerlord perks. That's surprising and upsetting if they didn't change bow though. The recent trend is to add a 275 perk that gives a continuing effect wich bow doesn't have.
Both Bow and Crossbow are showing a continuing 275 perk whether or not it actually works.

They changed the perk trees, but those two skills (any bow on horse and reload crossbow on horse) were retained (just put at different place on the tree). However, I tested these two perks and they don't work. So we don't know if any of the new bow perks work or not.

I have confirmed at least one of the archery perks does not work. The dead aim perk does not appear to have any effect. Your supposed to get a 30% damage bonus on heads. However, I dealt the same 97 damage to unarmored heads, consistently both before and after taking the perk.

I haven't been able to try anything yet (because this update pretty much ****s the bed so far), but after looking a the perks, basically non of the things that increase damage or performance/speed/ammo are going to be codded in.
Probably only the secondary effects of the ones like "guys get +.001 exp" or the one that gives +spotting radius could be working.

It's kinda annoying because saying "10 campaign perks" (though technically true) about a skill tree that's all combat with only minor, petty, insignificant, secondary campaign effects is kinda just like something I've decided not to say. I have to take a time out after actually looking at the perk tree and realizing the game wont even get through the character creation without ****ing up now.

We get new descriptions of perks that don't work yet and won't for a long time.
We get new improvements to a game that is now totally ****ed up and won't run. Got working

Last edited:
Can we get a list of perks which actually works. It feels stupid to choosing a perk if you don't know if it works at all.
yeah, devs should have it in mind to tell if these perks work or not lol, it's so stupid that we have to wait for bannerlordperks site to add it, test it by yourself or do research on forum if anyone knows if anything works >.<

Oh that´s sad, I also don´t understand why they add "new" perks which don´t work? Sense?

I thought that all of the new added perks would work, why add non working stuff?

The new update is good overall but this leaves a very bad taste in my opinion.

This site I normally use to see what Perks actually work is down. Is it because they are updating?

Many of the things they said they "fixed" are not fixed. This is becoming a regular pattern with the patch notes.

damn . i was so excited when i read the patch notes :l
" added some buttons that do absolutely nothing " ummmm thats great !!

Can we get a list of perks which actually works. It feels stupid to choosing a perk if you don't know if it works at all.
Hey everyone, just to clarify the situation - by campaign perks, we are referring to anything that happens outside of combat missions. With combat perks, on the other hand, we are referring to the perks that apply to combat missions. In this case the missing athletic perks were combat perks and as they were added all athletic perks should be working now.

mountedarchery, discipline, hunterclan , eagle eye, renowned archer, quickdraw , salvo : secondary effect

We are adding the empty perks alongside the properly implemented ones, because different teams are working on the campaign and combat perks and this helps us reduce code conflicts and speed up the overall process.

Thank you for the clarification!

Thanks Duh! Would it be possible to have this all spelled out with the specific perk implementation in future patch notes? This question has been getting asked every patch that new perks have been implemented and could save the future “what perks work?!!” posts, as well as allowing players to actually help test of things work as intended.

Back
Top Bottom