1.5.0 Beta Crush Through Ranking

Users who are viewing this thread

Kripaz

Grandmaster Knight
After testing most of the two-handed weapons in 1.5.0 I'd like to share my opinion how well they perform to crush through blocks.
In order to successfully crush through a block, you must hit from up to down. You aren't able to crush through with side swings (might be different from horseback, didn't test it). You actually have to hit with the tip of the weapon, because haft hit will never result to crush through. As far I noticed it doesn't seem to matter what weapon or shield is used to block (might be wrong on this, but didn't see any difference on the results). I'm ranking weapons in four tiers. Top tier always crushes through and at the bottom tier I never encountered a crush through.

Tier 1
Highland piked mace and Northern maul
These weapons will crush through, no matter what, as long as hit happens with actual mace part of the weapon.
Edit: You can actually block Highland piked mace with a shield, but without one it'll go through

Tier 2
Voulge, Military bill, , Northern long twohanded axe, Heavy menavlion
With these weapons you are able to perform a crush through, but it's not guaranteed. They performed much more reliably compared to tier 3. You can perform a almost certain crush through with these weapons when you jump and just as you are landing you hit your opponent. In my opinion Voulge is best of tier 2 as I was able to spam my attacks and I feel that it has greater chance to crush through compared to others.

Tier 3
Long menavlion, Heavy glaive, Bardiche, Billhook
What can I say, I managed to get a crush through, but I was really surprised once I got one. It felt really weird and random and you can't use them reliably to perform a crush through.

Tier 4
All two-handed swords, Falxes, Menavlion, Western bastard axe, Northern twohanded axe, Glaive, Tabar
In my testing I didn't manage to get a single crush through with these weapons in any way. My guess is that you can't perform a crush through with these weapons on foot.

In my opinion crush through is fine for tier 1 as it makes them more usable against heavy infantry and shields. Tier 2 is a bit problematic, because I think it might be too easy to perform a crush through (especially with voulge). For tier 3 I would much rather remove it completely.

Feel free to correct me if you think I missed something or I made a mistake.

Last edited:
Yup its way too easy to perform a crush through if you understand how to do it... gamebreaking.

two handed swords are able to CT, managed to do it once (unless my memory is really bad), it really just depends on weapon weight and damage, would the cool if devs posted the formula though

Last edited:
I don’t have the exact quote, but we were told pretty much only the mauls would be able to crush. I said at the time that Heavy Menavs would have no problem doing so as well, and it looks like I was right.

I’ll reiterate. Mauls are fine having a crush through, but it really should not be a thing on weapons longer than 100 reach or faster than 100 speed.

The basic vlandian voulge is op af, im fine with hammer/maces but the others is just silly, if they want 2handers to be competitive just give them a decent shield and only a short sword option to go with it maybe.

How does it feel?
Is it annoying to fight against and does it make 1vX a lot more difficult?
I'll probably wait til 1.5 hits the stable before testing it all out, but I'm still a bit suss on this mechanic.

How does it feel?
Is it annoying to fight against and does it make 1vX a lot more difficult?
I'll probably wait til 1.5 hits the stable before testing it all out, but I'm still a bit suss on this mechanic.
I havent tested it in mass combat but duels it was really annoying and even felt bad to use because i didnt win from skill but just a dumb mechanic

I have gotten crushed through blocks multiple times by hammers now, sometimes even from the side.

I feel defeated about this. I can't throw something at them, they will catch up, they can block reliably with their weapons and each of these hammers deals 50-90 damage with crush through swings. This is not fun at all.

Last edited:
I am actually and probably the only fan of the idea of crushthrough in the competitive playberase. However imo there should only be the OP Tier one crush through with two handed Hammers/Maces and only when you hit from top to bottom. On horseback one handed maces should also crush through but only when in full speed.

I tested it out in a few skirmishes, the maul and spiked mace you literally just have to jump and overhead at the same time and it's crushthrough guaranteed. Was funny but I can't imagine it being fun to fight against.

Back
Top Bottom