1.5.0 Beta Couch Lance Damage

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been playing a couple of matches of Skirmish & TDM on the beta servers and I noticed that sometimes damage on couched lances, even though the rider was at a high speed, seemed to be too low. So I did a quick test, results can be seen here. (streamable link because YouTube absolutely murdered video quality when I tried it for this clip...)
As you can see, the damage is influenced quite heavily by what direction the target is moving in. Had the target had heavier armor, it would have likely survived the last couch lance.

I generally agree that couch lances should be nerfed compared to the current live version, but I believe the influence the targets movement direction has to currently be too high. As I said previously, I sometimes felt like the damage on couch lances was too low for the speed I was going at - this, I assume now, is because of the direction the target was moving in compared to myself.

I'd suggest decreasing how much the targets movement direction matters by half. In turn, I'd happily accept a nerf to the couching cavalries maneueverability while the couch lance is active and/or a maximum duration for couch lances (and a cooldown until you can start the next one after finishing one).

Last edited:
Your test would be more useful if you enabled the combat data in chat. We'd be able to see the relative speed.

But regarding your input, yes the couch lance damage calculation feels weird.

On a side note: how long have you been having the packet loss issue?

Your test would be more useful if you enabled the combat data in chat. We'd be able to see the relative speed.

But regarding your input, yes the couch lance damage calculation feels weird.

On a side note: how long have you been having the packet loss issue?
I might do another testrun in the coming days to also try different armor types. Will see if there is any other input first though, also curious what the devs think about it.

I've had packetloss on and off for a while, it might just be my WiFi though, not sure. It mostly doesn't really impact the experience.

I've had packetloss on and off for a while, it might just be my WiFi though, not sure. It mostly doesn't really impact the experience.
I had similar issue for the last 3 or 4 weeks. And while it's not crucial, playing without packet loss feels much better for me, I can notice that by increased accuracy and as a consequence my performance as well.

I was having what I thought was packetloss before I tried this fix.

Hop into cmd and type "netsh wlan show settings"

paste this in after connecting to your internet

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"

Hopefully that works. If you need to see your internet connections again, run cmd and enter the show settings line^ then paste

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wi-Fi"

I've been playing a couple of matches of Skirmish & TDM on the beta servers and I noticed that sometimes damage on couched lances, even though the rider was at a high speed, seemed to be too low. So I did a quick test, results can be seen here. (streamable link because YouTube absolutely murdered video quality when I tried it for this clip...)
As you can see, the damage is influenced quite heavily by what direction the target is moving in. Had the target had heavier armor, it would have likely survived the last couch lance.

I generally agree that couch lances should be nerfed compared to the current live version, but I believe the influence the targets movement direction has to currently be too high. As I said previously, I sometimes felt like the damage on couch lances was too low for the speed I was going at - this, I assume now, is because of the direction the target was moving in compared to myself.

I'd suggest decreasing how much the targets movement direction matters by half. In turn, I'd happily accept a nerf to the couching cavalries maneueverability while the couch lance is active and/or a maximum duration for couch lances (and a cooldown until you can start the next one after finishing one).

I agree. I would go further and bring back the mechanic from Warband. Only, after the you are riding fast enough with the horse, will the couchable action be presented for you to activate.

Back
Top Bottom