In Progress [1.4] Valor not being gained from battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Valor, the normally invisible value that determines the Daring and Cautious traits, is not being rewarded to the player properly. Ordinarily it would be rewarded for winning difficult battles, but in the current version of the game, seemingly all battles, even those where it's one player against entire armies, appear to be rewarding 0 valor upon victory for me. This makes it impossible to obtain the Daring perk if the player does not start out with it, and any decreases valor from retreating from battle cannot be regained. Further complicating matters is the fact that this bug is somewhat difficult to pin down because valor is an invisible value that does not show up in the game except with the aid of mods.

How to Reproduce: The quickest way to reproduce the mod would be to create a character with the Daring trait (or use the cheat console to add the trait), retreat from a battle in order to lose just enough valor to lose the trait, then win enough battles at steep enough odds that the Daring trait should be regained.

Have you used cheats and if so which: I used item cheats to give a starter character end-game gear in order to be immediately geared to test the bug.

Scene Name (if related): Any and all scenes where a battle takes place.

Media: Shown here is the beginning of a battle with steep odds calculated against the player. Shown here is the aftermath of the battle, with the Show Trait XP mod's message that my character has gained 0 Valor from the battle, and has a total of 0 Valor. Note that while I have experienced and replicated the bug unmodded, these particular screenshots use the mods Harmony and Show Trait XP, in order to visibly show the gains for valor.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Driver Version 531.18
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800x
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk Max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2TB SSD

Has there been any progress on this one, as of now, if you turn on the mod that shows everything in game that generates personality points like mercy or valor. You can easily still play 400 hours without changing your valor score once.

It seems like there is some kind of caching problem. I tried to debug it, and saw that enemy "TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Party.PartyBase.TotalStrength" is always 0. I also tried to trigger recalculation of this property by manually calling "TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Party.PartyBase.CalculateStrength()", but without success, because "TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Party.PartyBase.MemberRoster" which involved in calculations is always "empty" also (except "VersionNo" it`s always filled) and looks like it`s also cached.
MemberRoster (TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Roster.TroopRoster})valuetype
Count0int
IsPrisonRosterfalsebool
TotalHealthyCount0int
TotalHeroes0int
TotalManCount0int
TotalRegulars0int
TotalWounded0int
TotalWoundedHeroes0int
TotalWoundedRegulars0int
VersionNo146int
Do not have much of an understanding to try it further.
Maybe my suffering will be helpful for someone.

Back
Top Bottom