Resolved 1.4.3beta Crash on starting new campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: After the game loads in but before the title screen I receive an error compiling shader file. Clicking retry does nothing and clicking cancel takes you to the title screen with no fire or smoke. From the title screen clicking campaign causes the error to repeat and the game crashes.
Reproduced by loading game, clicking cancel on the error message then clicking campaign.

version: 1.4.3
mods: none
specs:
windows 10
gtx 1060
intel core i7
ram 8 gb(7.89 gb usable)
ssd

I'm complaining of the same symptoms.?

And in my case,

The moment I was about to enter my garrison,

Last Log Value

"64 horses add your party."

Same error from then

Last edited:
You too?

bug.png

Yeah, when I click cancel and get in, the menu has no fire and smoke effects. And then it crashes when I try to load a save game or start a campaign.

Hi, if you have the Fixed Launcher mod installed, please try removing the mod and verifying your game files. Let me know if it helps.

You actually only have to remove fixed launcher like the mod said above.That mod is apparently breaking the game with the latest patch. Find all of its files and delete them. Then reverify the gamw.

Last edited:
the fix its an old mod file that needs removing - i just did a complete uninstall and remove all folders but below is smarter

mick;4910566145625516280 said:
FIX for the shader problem -
You were on the right track - but you DO NOT NEED TO DELETE EVERYTHING!!!
If you've used fixed mod launcher, you can open the zip file and see what it installs - then manually go through and delete them all.
If you've used bannerlord modlauncher you can delete the two files it adds.
I also deleted the exe and another file or two that looked like launcher type files.
Verified the game, and re-isntalled 8 small files, and the game worked fine from then on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom