[1.4.3 ]Village notables power decreasing steadily until it hits 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Notables can change who they support, but it's pretty rare that it happens. If a notable is not currently supporting a clan, then it goes down the list of all clans with which they have > 50 relations. For each of these clans there is an RNG roll that happens once per day. The roll is a decimal between 0 and 1 and must be less than the result of the following equation to succeed:

(relation - 50) / 2000

Even if you have 100 relations with a notable, it still only gives you a 2.5% chance per day that they will support you.

Notables will flat out stop supporting a clan if they fall below 0 relations with them. When they are < 25 relations with their currently supported clan they have a chance to stop supporting the clan based on the equation:

(25 - relation) / 500

So for instance, if the clan has a relation of 24, then they only have a 0.2% chance of losing the notables support per day (5% at 0 relations). Technically, the player does have a low chance of gaining the support of a notable with the mechanic as currently implemented, but it's very rare.

I think all of the notable related stuff is still a work in progress, so I wouldn't expect things to remain as they are permanently.

Nevermind found your answer! lol you're on fire for sure.

Edit: Just adding on this. It would be awesome to have other ways to get relations with notables other than quests. If anyone can think of other ways or knows of any good ways I'm going to try getting some notable relations to 100 in settlements surrounding my villages. Would appreciate any advice because normally I just do quests.

How on earth can the devs introduce new bugs and break things that are already fixed in the stable build? The beta should be for new sh*t and improvements, not the disaster it looks like. I know we're all on lockdown and cannabis is cheap, but how can they not send their work out for a check to the guys they work with, which is standard practice everywhere? (Dev 1 to Dev 2: "Hey, I did some improvements on notable powers, can you check if it runs alright before we release this?" Response: "Sure, no problem. Just let me finish watching the last episode of VEEP and I'll jump on it."). Instead it's like they're releasing first drafts of everything which need substantial work to run properly. I agree they fixed some of the major bugs almost immediately (e.g., the siege bug) but those bugs should never have been introduced in the beta ever.

e
How on earth can the devs introduce new bugs and break things that are already fixed in the stable build? The beta should be for new sh*t and improvements, not the disaster it looks like. I know we're all on lockdown and cannabis is cheap, but how can they not send their work out for a check to the guys they work with, which is standard practice everywhere? (Dev 1 to Dev 2: "Hey, I did some improvements on notable powers, can you check if it runs alright before we release this?" Response: "Sure, no problem. Just let me finish watching the last episode of VEEP and I'll jump on it."). Instead it's like they're releasing first drafts of everything which need substantial work to run properly. I agree they fixed some of the major bugs almost immediately (e.g., the siege bug) but those bugs should never have been introduced in the beta ever.
exactly, most of the new bugs they introduced with new patches could be easily spotted by actually having someone to PLAY THE GAME for an hour or two.

You been here for the past month? Refactoring introduced 6 weeks of bug fixing and they likely released it earlier than they wanted too. The amount of bugs left while obvious to us as we didnt have our hands on it, likely pales in comparison to the amount of bugs they had to discover and fix over the past month. Beta is actually exactly the place for them to release versions that have bugs still, stable does not include the refactoring so that is why things that are "already fixed" aren't anymore.

You been here for the past month? Refactoring introduced 6 weeks of bug fixing and they likely released it earlier than they wanted too. The amount of bugs left while obvious to us as we didnt have our hands on it, likely pales in comparison to the amount of bugs they had to discover and fix over the past month. Beta is actually exactly the place for them to release versions that have bugs still, stable does not include the refactoring so that is why things that are "already fixed" aren't anymore.

No, I just started playing last week. But the stable version 1.4.2 (main branch) also introduced changes that broke sieges, so . . . not so stable.

So if I want my notables to support me (and not their former faction) will letting them get raided by those factions/clans drop their relations down? For the town notable do I have to hope that they make a caravan and then it get hit by that clan they support? But if they lose power because of who they support they might be able to make a caravan?! I guess it doesn't really matter but it's annoying to be support-cucked like that.

Best notable = forest bandits.

Finally got 1 notable to support me at a settlement I own. Only took 330 days. They were a notable not supporting a clan.

His power is still staying at 100. That sucks

As explained earlier, there is almost nothing you will be able to do to counteract the negative effect of the in-game mechanics. Even if you were to keep your notables above 200, all the other notables that agents in the game (Caladog for example) would only be recruiting the vast majority of there army from notables with power level 100.

So the late game of 1.4.3 basically exist only recruit vs recruit. It is pretty game breaking. Maybe the reason sieges were getting resolved too early was because of this? I mean after a year, all the notables are 100. It takes a year of in-game time to get established anyways, so by the time you've got your caravans and industry setup, you only have recruits to have in your army? So the one army that won that 50/50 coin flip of initial battle pretty much dominates an entire campaign.

1.4.2 is still pretty good though. With the changes to equipment I've made, only the Northern Empire gets demolished by the Khuzaits but with the terrain of the map, the Khuzaits are setup to dominate anyways, the mountain ranges make it possible for NE to muster half strength armies against a fresh Khuzait force sieging Amprela or Myzea. Half the time Sturgia can estabilish into Khuzait territory, the Balk lands help Sturgia mount some sort of reclamation of the west that Vlandia takes in the late game. One of the biggest changes to recruitment I feel TW needs to make is after a certain period, all recruitables should automatically upgrade to tier 2.

As explained earlier, there is almost nothing you will be able to do to counteract the negative effect of the in-game mechanics. Even if you were to keep your notables above 200, all the other notables that agents in the game (Caladog for example) would only be recruiting the vast majority of there army from notables with power level 100.

So the late game of 1.4.3 basically exist only recruit vs recruit. It is pretty game breaking. Maybe the reason sieges were getting resolved too early was because of this? I mean after a year, all the notables are 100. It takes a year of in-game time to get established anyways, so by the time you've got your caravans and industry setup, you only have recruits to have in your army? So the one army that won that 50/50 coin flip of initial battle pretty much dominates an entire campaign.

1.4.2 is still pretty good though. With the changes to equipment I've made, only the Northern Empire gets demolished by the Khuzaits but with the terrain of the map, the Khuzaits are setup to dominate anyways, the mountain ranges make it possible for NE to muster half strength armies against a fresh Khuzait force sieging Amprela or Myzea. Half the time Sturgia can estabilish into Khuzait territory. One of the biggest changes to recruitment I feel TW needs to make is after a certain period, all recruitables are tier 2.
Right I’m just testing to see if it works that way. Which if I read bannerman man’s post correctly my notable that supports me should not be losing power per day because he supports me and is >100 power. But he is still slowly going to 100

@Bannerman Man did I miss something?

Right I’m just testing to see if it works that way. Which if I read bannerman man’s post correctly my notable that supports me should not be losing power per day because he supports me and is >100 power. But he is still slowly going to 100

@Bannerman Man did I miss something?
So if your notable is between 100 and 199 power he will have a constant -1 power decay per day. If he supports your clan and you own the fief, he will get a constant +1 boost per day. That means he will have a "stable" power value between 100 and 199 because the effects balance each other out to 0, but his power will not grow at all because the daily change = 0. If he was already at 100 power when you gained his support it will stay at 100, unless you complete quests that boost his power. If he goes above 199 power he will fall again until he hits 199 power, where he will stablize.

If he has any unsolved issues that are on the list I provided on the last page he will start losing power again, and likely will remain at 99 power (because at < 100 power they get a +1 boost per day). 8/10 of those quests on that list affect the entire settlement's notables, so he does not necessarily need to be the one with the issue to be affected by it.

Last edited:
So if your notable is between 100 and 199 power they will have a constant -1 power decay per day. If they support your clan and you own the fief they get a constant +1 boost per day. That means they will have a "stable" power value between 100 and 199 because the effects balance each other out to 0, but their power will not grow at all because the daily change = 0. If they were already at 100 power when you gained their support it will stay at 100, unless you complete quests that boost his power. If he goes above 199 power he will fall again until he hits 199 power, where he will stablize.

If he has any unsolved issues that are on the list I provided on the last page he will start losing power again, and likely will remain at 99 power (because at < 100 power they get a +1 boost per day). 8/10 of those quests on that list affect the entire settlement's notables, so he does not necessarily need to be the one with the issue to be affected by it.
That last part is what it is. Okay I’ll complete the other quest in the village then thanks!

By the way I will give you detailed information about what caused problem and what is done for balancing tomorrow.
Awesome looking forward to it! It’s much easier to “test” things when it’s explained what changed. Thanks again for all your hard work!

8/10 of those quests on that list affect the entire settlement's notables, so he does not necessarily need to be the one with the issue to be affected by it.

This was one of the problems. Lots of issues were effecting all notables in settlement negatively while they are unsolved. It was not intended. Issues should effect only issue owner. This is changed. Also the main formulas were not good enough so powers were stabilize at some values like 100-200. Positive power inputs were low compared to negative ones.

This was one of the problems. Lots of issues were effecting all notables in settlement negatively. It was not intended. Issues should effect only issue owner. This is changed. Also the main formulas were not good enough so powers were stabilize at some values like 100-200. Positive power inputs were low compared to negative ones.
Glad to hear this was straightened out. Looking forward to seeing the changes!

Is there any chance that the village common areas will make a comeback? Meaning the Bog, Thicket, or Pasture properties that rural notables could own.

Back
Top Bottom