(1.4.3) Having units set to heavy Inf will mean they spawn ontop of the enemy during village battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Its annoying as i use them as heavy hitters when the lines clash but dont want them trying to take on 55 looters alone as it just ends up with soem good trrops dying and having to be replaced

I have not tried other formation numbers but i wouldnt be surpised if the ones higher than it were the same too

Yeah it bizarre - what is the reasoning for this devs? I use that slot heavily as a generals guard - why do they start in a seperate vanguard thats isolated ftom the main army?

Ps: i been in touch with Treebeard, he invented the VICKY battle and formation AI used in both prophecy of pendor and The Last Days mod - hes thinking about getting back into this. Yall should hire him for AI tactics

Yeah it bizarre - what is the reasoning for this devs? I use that slot heavily as a generals guard - why do they start in a seperate vanguard thats isolated ftom the main army?

Ps: i been in touch with Treebeard, he invented the VICKY battle and formation AI used in both prophecy of pendor and The Last Days mod - hes thinking about getting back into this. Yall should hire him for AI tactics

i would asume its a bug on there part based on how the formations spawn ina nd the Locations E.G. they run out of space so are shunted forward

TW are aware; will probably be fixed next patch - but yeah sounds like spawn points are tied to unit formations.

yeah if you look when on a field battle cav always spawn to the side so i would assume theres something working out where to place the spawn locations for each of the 9 formations which breaks in villages i assume due to space

good to know the Devs know which was the reason i brought it up in the first place

This has always been a bug. Most of the formations numbers beyond the default three will spawn your men in the center of the battlefield in village battles. There are some battlefields between cliffs that spawn some of the formations dangerous high up on top of the bluff. They often fall off.

This really should have been fixed already. Maybe they could have squeezed it in between the second workshop nerf and the first caravan nerf.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom