1.4.3 Has the effect of the Skein formation on horse archers been altered in any way? I feel it's changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

I always found the skein formation to be very useful against an enemy cavalry charge. When in this formation, horse archer would focus fire in front of them, causing many kills to a charging cavalry formation, usually causing them to pull back. In my 1.4.3 games I feel they simply aren't firing as many arrows in skein formation. The effect is they barely take out 1 or 2 cavalry and I get stuck with the cav on cav belly flop hug party where nobody can hit anyone with their weapons. No clinching guys break it up! That's the other effect of skein formation is it doesn't let Cav get through.... however previously the rear horse archer would be firing and the Cav stuck in them would be killed. Now it feels like everyone's just taking it easy in skein.

Is their behavior really different? If it is, could you put it back? I wanna kill em not hug em. I want formations to all do good thing for me, not just be new ways to get my troops killed in stupid ways.

I do also notice some heavy Cav seems more heavy then before, but I think it's more less firing of arrows that's the problem.

Let them fight! Horse archers are useless standing in formation they need to be out firing and moving keeping the opposing armies archers out of the fight :smile: The beauty of horse archers is how they circle their target and only stop once everything in the middle of the circle is dead.

Let them fight! Horse archers are useless standing in formation they need to be out firing and moving keeping the opposing armies archers out of the fight :smile: The beauty of horse archers is how they circle their target and only stop once everything in the middle of the circle is dead.
No. They fire with higher accuracy and damage when stationary. They formally performed very well in a stationary skien and they should be returned to this.
As of 1.5 and later versions they do not circle cleanly anymore. This need to also be reverted and has been reported in other threads.

Back
Top Bottom