Resolved 1.4.2 Stuttering in large battles 1k+ when enemy retreats (kind of fixed)

Users who are viewing this thread

luvfatfish

Recruit
How to Reproduce: In large battles, I have noticed the game will stutter (frame rate drops to zero for 15 seconds to 2 minutes then resumes for a few seconds) once the enemy decides to retreat. There appears to be a pocket of enemies that will get stuck unable to retreat when this happens and may be related (I don't think so though, I have seen the stuttering not happen and the group is still there). It happens on most battle maps, I have not noticed a pattern (probably 75% of all large battles i have fought) I tried all sorts of work arounds to make these battles playable and nothing worked (performance settings, lowering number of troops allowed, etc...). I even installed a mod to prevent retreating and it actually made it worse. I normally just let the battle run for an hour until the enemy troops finish withdrawing and put on a movie, then press F1 and F3 and come back in another hour when the battle finishes.

Since it seems to only happen when enemy troops are pathing to retreat and not engaging I tried increasing the number of troops allowed in battles to 1k so there would be less groups of enemies spawning in and moving straight to their retreat point. Interestingly enough, I got one stutter when the balance of the troops spawned in and was able to finish the battle.

Since not everyone has a PC they can play with 1k fielded troops an easy fix for this problem would be to allow players to end battles once the enemy has decided to retreat his army.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):N/A
Version: 1.4.2
Installed community-made modifications: Settlement icons
Computer Specs
:
GPU: 1080
CPU: I9900k @ 4.5
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: Asus hero 11
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 970 evo

This problem should be fixed with the released patches since you have reported this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom