Resolved 1.4.2 Siege Individual Commands/Orders Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'm playing on 1.4.2.

Whenever I do a siege (not defending), and try to give orders to a specific group (like key 5, skirmishers that I have made my companions), I notice that a bunch of my soldiers start dying because for a few seconds they do the same command. If I tell a single group to follow me, then I witness people from other groups around me try to do it, and then go back to their original orders. It will cause anyone on the the walls to automatically die in high numbers because they turn their backs and try to follow me.

I looked through the known issues and didn't see it addressed, so I was wondering if anyone else had this same bug?

I had a similar issue, meaning during a siege nothing worked as intended. After assaulting a wall with a siege engine, the troops waiting to use it start running around joining another group using a different siege engine, again, once the wall was taken, they (instead of keep coming up) moved towards the gate...at that point I tried to give orders directly to groups and ended up with pretty much the same results of the previous post. After I died (you know alone on the wall...) my troops went back to the initial position near the various siege engines, standing there and doing nothing). BTW I was using 1.4.3 no mods, so it is something not related to a specific version apparently.

Are you still having the same problem on our current build? If yes, can you upload a video of this to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

For me both 1.5.4 and 1.5.4 with no mods work. Although, AI cannot use more than 1 ladder on Siege Towers and even using actual ladders they will most likely end up using only one. Besides you want to move the re-spawn point (maybe inside the Lord's Hall?). because especially if you destroy the walls, and so the assault is faster, you will end up having defenders respawning among the assaulters. Actually this is a major problem with field battles too.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom