Resolved [1.4.2]Merchant Notable disappeared in my town!

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: The merchant notable has been abnormally weak since the start of the game (under 100 power) but at some point in the last 15 in-game days, she just flat out disappeared from my town. No longer occupying the top bar of notables, no longer offering a recruitment slot, no longer listed as a notable on the Settlement page, but still in the Encyclopedia as a character.
How to Reproduce: I can only speculate.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Akkalat
Media (Screenshots & Video): None
Version: 1.4.2
Installed community-made modifications: Detailed Character Creator, Distinguished Service, Better Raiding Loot, Less Greedy Rulers and V's Faction Armouries.
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 860M
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: VN7-591G
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 1TB

I'll upload a save in a few minutes.

edit: upload.taleworlds.com is giving me a goofy "Upload Aborted" with "Your file was uploaded successfully" underneath, so let me know if you got the save game.

I've got the save files. Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.

Just as a follow-up, it appears there are multiple towns without merchant notables, meaning a number of them have disappeared. I couldn't give you a timeframe on any of them except Ayla the Carpenter, who disappeared from Akkalat no earlier than 15 days from that save.

@Apocal This is actually a mechanic in the game. If a notable falls below 100 power and has 0 caravans, 0 workshops, and 0 properties, they have a small chance to disappear each day. The lower their power goes the greater the chance, so it's not surprising that it would happen more often when the notable power system was broken and their power was tanking.

@Apocal This is actually a mechanic in the game. If a notable falls below 100 power and has 0 caravans, 0 workshops, and 0 properties, they have a small chance to disappear each day. The lower their power goes the greater the chance, so it's not surprising that it would happen more often when the notable power system was broken and their power was tanking.

Wow... uh...

This was actually in 1.4.1/1.4.2 exclusively. They were simply always exceptionally weak, and I bought their workshop out early in the playthrough. And checking the towns where there are no merchant notables (or one where I was certain there were two) ... they are all towns where I own workshops. :facepalm:

Are you still having the same problem on our current build? If yes, are the notables replaced by others after they disappear?

Notables' disappearing when they have less than 100 power is intended. If they are replaced by other notables afterwards, then the issue is fixed. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom