Resolved [1.4.1] Repeated long hangs during big battles

Users who are viewing this thread

I have this 900+ game days (started in 1.3.0) save where I was so close to finishing the last "destroy <kingdom>" quest from the main line but just decided to give up on playing.
The reason is the game started hanging during big battles.
It doesn't crash. It just hangs - nothing happens - and my fans slow down to idle speed. When that happens I just ALT+TAB and go do something else while waiting. After several minutes (from 15 to almost an hour and still counting at this moment) I can hear the fans speeding back up and ALT+TAB back in for a couple more seconds (at most a minute) of play before it hangs again.
It seems to happen when enemy units start fleeing and seems to get worse the bigger the battle is. The repeated hanging just goes on until the battle is over or there are just a handful of units that don't flee.
The whole hanging process used to be "quicker" (lasted 30-45 minutes summing all hangs up) and each hang wouldn't last too long (~5 minutes), but now, in this current game of mine, it's been probably an hour and a half and the 30-minute hangs haven't stopped.

Update: After more than an hour and a half, the game has stopped hanging and the battle is over. As I expected, many units fled (~900).

This problem should be fixed with the released patches since you have reported this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Back
Top Bottom