Resolved [1.4.1] Children Marriage Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

SoKiel

Recruit
Even though the map was taken over by my faction 6 years ago, I stayed to actually see my kids (it's so wrong they only appear when they hit 18 ). I wanted to arrange good alliances for the future of my family through marriages.

Problem 1: Turns out, by the time the kids hit 18 (about 19-20 years since the start of the game), not many lords actually have young children. There are about 3 lords with young children (in fertile age of 18-35) in the whole world and the youngest kid in the game is 12.

Problem 2: Talking to the head of the clan to arrange marriage for kids leads to inability to choose who. Lords say they look for the spouse for their oldest child, be they 43 or whatever, with no options. Which makes no sense, as in the game the characters over 35 seem to become infertile. And there is no way to arrange for the lord's younger child.

Problem 3: My first kid is a boy, and the lord that I tried to negotiate with, offered his 43 year old daughter instead of 19 y.o. one. I refused. Then my second kid grew up, a girl. Now I have a choice who to offer, but when I offer a boy, now all the lords offer their oldest sons (!!). If I offer a girl, it's still the sons. No matter what I choose, the game thinks I'm offering a daughter now. If I offer a son and agree to marry him with the lord's son, and then try to negotiate for the second kid, there is only an option for son left. That confirms that even though I click on a son, the game secretly picks a daughter. Or rather the most recent child. When my next boy came of age, lords started offering daughters, no matter who I propose.

How I'd expect it to be:
1) Lords would marry other lords and have kids, who would marry and so on.
2) To be able to choose a spouse for every child among those in the lord's family. Not to be stuck with one fruitless variant.
3) Game would correctly recognize who's hand I am offering

Need to add, that only being able to see one's own kids after 18 years is too harsh.. After the character creation that walks us through every stage of childhood, it's not fair that the player's children don't have any of that and we can not see them. Not to mention that by the time they grow up, there is only one faction on the map in my cases...

And when they arrive, their level is huge and stats are zeroes or minus. Mine were lvl25 with -1700 skillpoints till the next level, but this issue is said to be resolved here:

I use no mods, this is stable version 1.4.1.

Last edited:
Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you share your save files? You can use a cloud service and post an open link on this thread.

Lord Tais is my target lord for son's marriage (he'd got two daughters, 43 and 19), he is right nearby in both saves.

Save 1: two kids, the latest is a girl, and lords offer their oldest sons even when the player proposes his own son. (lord Tais is in town nearby)

Save 2: three kids, the latest is a boy, lords offer their oldest daughters. (Lord Tais is right next to the player)

Also the saves show how tragic the situation with young nobles is. Only several lords have relatively young children. And none of the second generation of nobles is married and have children. This means Calradia will not see a third generation.

... Also I would very much like to ask for a Screenshot button in the game, this would make reporting things so much eaesier. I've been dreaming about it since 2007.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom