Resolved [1.3]Crash when entering battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Just hit a siege that keeps crashing, I have like 8 warbands with me, and its pretty deep into the siege when the error hits

So experimenting with this fight, I can ALT inspect every unit but the Battanian Garrison of the town, it crashes me, which in my game I continue to suspect a Battanian troop type is my crash problem as they were in my garrisons that now no longer work. The one Battanian Garrison I emptied of all Battanian troops still functions.

Last edited:
Its a battanian troop type from the garrison it looks like, only units i cant ALT inspect
Honestly the only way I know you can bypass the crash is missing that battle opportunity all together and trying again in a few day. There's something bugged within that armies troop tree. You'll have to wait for the AI lord to promote it or remove it so it changes to something else. Best way forward is to just forget about it and hope it goes away by the next time you happen to meet.

In my current 300-day Vlandian campaign, I haven't experienced this crash again yet. As i've said in my previous comment, I re-installed the game (by uninstalling, deleting all Bannerlord related directories, and reinstalling the game) and so far no issues yet. I also reinstalled some of the 30+ mods I've been using before that are updated for 1.4.1.

Also, I've been fighting the Battanians for quite awhile now (Dertherth just keeps on declaring war on them) and no battle crashes yet.

dynaculture seems to be a suspect. I'm gonna disable dynaculture, use console to destroy every affected party, and see if it happens again.

I cant seem to figure out console command to destroy parties, any suggestions?
Just realized that console command to destroy party is removed. You might want to consider using another command to make hero a prisoner. If hero belongs to your faction then make him a prisoner to someone weak I suppose. Not the best solution, I wonder if there is a way to edit save files and remove certain troops.

Either that or you have to practice social distancing until the virus troops die out.

Last edited:
dynaculture seems to be a suspect. I'm gonna disable dynaculture, use console to destroy every affected party, and see if it happens again.

Hmmm. That's something to think about. In my previous campaign where I was experiencing these crashes, I am using Dynaculture. Now, that I am not using it because it is not updated to the latest beta 1.4.1, I am not having these crashes anymore.

Same on 1.4.1 - playing new game, my party coming as reinforcement to sturgian party on village raid vs Vlandian party.
Mods used:
Modlib
Dyna culture
Detailed character creation
Autoblocker
Banner faction color enabler
BannerEditor Enchancer

Last edited:
Removing all mods along with their save data doesnt fix the crash for some people so I doubt its a mod issue. It suspect it was something that was changed with troops between version 1.2 and 1.3 thats causing pre battle and reinforcement crash. (possibly 1.4 I guess).

Removing all mods along with their save data doesnt fix the crash for some people so I doubt its a mod issue. It suspect it was something that was changed with troops between version 1.2 and 1.3 thats causing pre battle and reinforcement crash. (possibly 1.4 I guess).

I see, ok. Well, I'll let you all know if I still have this crash issue. So, far im in my 400-day campaign and still no battle-related crash. Really didn't happen anymore after full clean reinstall.

Potentially a mod may have modified certain data stored in the save, which will still result in crash despite the mod being turned off.

It doesn't mean it's not caused by the mod just because it still crashes when the mod is turned off.

This error is deep in Bannerlord native code relating to populating the scoreboard with troops. Somewhere down the pipe a troop does not have a name.

I have not experienced this error ever while testing DynaCulture in any version. If anyone can provide definitive evidence, perhaps I can fix it, but until then, I do not have plans to investigate DynaCulture as a cause.

I have managed to isolate the single bugged unit in a garrison and can provide the save file for investigation. I hit a dead end somewhere around rendering the unit in the game UI and cant find any more clues (The unit can be interacted with via some mods, for example creating a garrison party with improved garrisons mod and selecting the unit as a part of the army). Feel free to contact me via PM if you are up for some code digging.

I have managed to isolate the single bugged unit in a garrison and can provide the save file for investigation. I hit a dead end somewhere around rendering the unit in the game UI and cant find any more clues (The unit can be interacted with via some mods, for example creating a garrison party with improved garrisons mod and selecting the unit as a part of the army). Feel free to contact me via PM if you are up for some code digging.

just curious, which unit is that?

just curious, which unit is that?
In this case it is Aserai Mameluke Regular, but i dont think the problem is tied to specific unit, i believe any unit can become bugged. I believe it has something to do with how they are recruited, or leveled up or something

after playing for a good 8 hrs with dynaculture disabled, here are my observations:
- parties that i know are ok to battle/alt stayed "healthy", no new "infection" occurred.
- existing parties that had battle/alt crash "recovered" after it respawns (gets taken prisoner and escaped)
- i had a similar crash (regarding scoreboard), however that was during battle against an aserai party when i killed a unit "Aserai Mameluke Regular". Coincidentally the same unit as Zaro reported.

Edit: Crash in the middle of the battle occurred again, I suspect it was due to the corrupted unit spawning as reinforcement. Probably not because i killed a unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom