Resolved [1.3]Crash when entering battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Haha, trust me I know how you feel. I cant keep myself from fighting for sturgia, favorite faction by far, but vanilla doesnt yet do them justice. Also, ironically, it's awesome to fight and command, on foot, in "mount" and blade.

That being said, playing without the party sorter, equipment upgrade, bannerlord tweaks, dynaculture, mods that make armor actually armor... it hurts a bit.

Lord, and the immersion from "dad I'm grown up" or whatever it's called. I had 8 kids, the 3 oldest leading they're own armies, 4 more training in my party, and me dreaming of retiring to seonon to live with my wife and learn the secret art of smithing while the kids conquer the world... someday, someday.

Haha, trust me I know how you feel. I cant keep myself from fighting for sturgia, favorite faction by far, but vanilla doesnt yet do them justice. Also, ironically, it's awesome to fight and command, on foot, in "mount" and blade.

That being said, playing without the party sorter, equipment upgrade, bannerlord tweaks, dynaculture, mods that make armor actually armor... it hurts a bit.

Lord, and the immersion from "dad I'm grown up" or whatever it's called. I had 8 kids, the 3 oldest leading they're own armies, 4 more training in my party, and me dreaming of retiring to seonon to live with my wife and learn the secret art of smithing while the kids conquer the world... someday, someday.
Brings a tear to my eye man, those mods make the game so much better. Are you going to try out the latest beta? I wonder if they fixed our common bug here.

I'm in the 1.4 beta now, yeah, unless a new one dropped today. At work right now. The way I figure it, games early access partly so we can help them find issues and get it finished. Us loading down our games with mods that can potentially cause even more issues doesnt help them, so I'm gonna try to do at least 1 vanilla playthrough for every... 4? 10? Modded playthroughs.

I'm in the 1.4 beta now, yeah, unless a new one dropped today. At work right now. The way I figure it, games early access partly so we can help them find issues and get it finished. Us loading down our games with mods that can potentially cause even more issues doesnt help them, so I'm gonna try to do at least 1 vanilla playthrough for every... 4? 10? Modded playthroughs.
I feel yea. I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to suck it up and play through vanilla for an honest feel. And yes, looks like 1.4.1 just came out today. Tons of fixes apparently.

I feel yea. I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to suck it up and play through vanilla for an honest feel. And yes, looks like 1.4.1 just came out today. Tons of fixes apparently.
Done with work, updating now, and definitely give it a shot again. First few hours were tough without the quality of life stuff, but I still took and lost marunath, married svana(they made her face so much better!) And am slowly bringing sturgia back from the brink. Battanias gone...

Anyone still experiencing this crash? I tried with Beta 1.4.1 and it was a lot better, but eventually when reinforcments came, it crashed again, but later in the battle.

I'll tell you in a few minutes :smile: just going to test it

Will wait for the result. I can't play right now as I have uninstalled the game. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Thank you for the update. Do you mind if I ask if you use mods? Well.. I guess I won't reinstall it then.

Last edited:
Hi Vyrus05 I now realize I forgot to disable mods (Bannerpeasant, recruitable and FastDialogue).
I am going to check it removing them competly and I let you know.

EDIT: It crashed again :sad: It crashed at daylight. No mods this time.
I really like bannerlord, I'll wait till it will be playable again. I have been playing for 108 hours ...

Last edited:
Hi Vyrus05 I now realize I forgot to disable mods (Bannerpeasant, recruitable and FastDialogue).
I am going to check it removing them competly and I let you know.

EDIT: It crashed again :sad: It crashed at daylight. No mods this time.
I really like bannerlord, I'll wait till it will be playable again. I have been playing for 108 hours ...

Thank you for the input, bro. Same, I'll wait till everything is ironed out.

Currently, it seems that just disabling mods is not enough in certain bug situations. This weekend I'll be trying out a few qol mods after doing a fully fresh reinstall. After doing a fully fresh reinstall earlier this week, and adding no mods, I havent had a single crash of any kind.

Currently, it seems that just disabling mods is not enough in certain bug situations. This weekend I'll be trying out a few qol mods after doing a fully fresh reinstall. After doing a fully fresh reinstall earlier this week, and adding no mods, I havent had a single crash of any kind.

I m going to follow your instructions :grin:

I had been getting the 'scoreboard' crash back on v1.3, I completely removed Fighting Together Relationship which solved the issue. I now play with about 65 mods with very few, if any problems, it has been very time consuming and frustrating trying to work out which mods are causing which crash and which are stable.

Does fighting together relationship require modlib? When I was battling this bug it seemed to me modlib was the problem, but at the time I also hadnt figured out that deactivated mods could still cause problems. I'll pay special attention with fighting together relationship when I start using mods again, that was one of my must haves.

i don't think i encountered any problems with FTR and modlib in 1.3.1. And i'm pretty sure FTR needs modlib. maybe not need it but does utilize it. I'm using their up to date versions in 1.4.1 and so far things are pretty solid.

There is a whole load of mods which I had to stop using.

If you are using Modlib, especially through Vortex, you have to ensure that every last trace of the previous version is deleted from all directories before updating, otherwise it crashes constantly. Also making sure it is the first loaded in your mod order is important.

There is a whole load of mods which I had to stop using.

If you are using Modlib, especially through Vortex, you have to ensure that every last trace of the previous version is deleted from all directories before updating, otherwise it crashes constantly. Also making sure it is the first loaded in your mod order is important.

I was using vortex, after so much fallout and skyrim modding, it seemed like a good idea to make things easier, though I liked the last version of vortex a lot more. I think next time I start modding bannerlord am going to uninstall/manually delete anything that needs an update for just that reason.

Guess I should have read down further, before making my post >.> I think it has to do with a specific type of unit, some battles are no issue, some crash instantly.

Back
Top Bottom