1.3.0 Beta patch

Users who are viewing this thread

So with version 1.3.0, my campaign is officially screwed. The kingdoms around me grow at a much faster rate, the lords recruit so many troops that there is nothing left for me to recruit, the bug that makes my kingdom declare war on other nations, randomly, without reason is still there... And also captured lords still escape instantly, literally not a day passed and captured Lucon slipped away... and came back with an army of 112, 2 days later.... Where did he get the troops from? I don't know.
Also before I installed Beta, I was running the game at solid 80 fps now I'm struggling to keep 20fps on the same settings lol

I don't understand how after 10 years of development this game is still nowhere near finished

Honestly if you want to play the game I'd suggest just sticking with version 1.1, the changes in 1.2 and 1.3 were not for the better.

Developer Console is definitely necessary so you can cheat in order to fix the issues, especially with 1.3. The Lords cheat, so might as well too eh?

Honestly if you want to play the game I'd suggest just sticking with version 1.1, the changes in 1.2 and 1.3 were not for the better.

Developer Console is definitely necessary so you can cheat in order to fix the issues, especially with 1.3. The Lords cheat, so might as well too eh?
Yea im probably gonna stick to 1.1 or even 1.0. I had a lot more fun in-game when it first came out.

So with version 1.3.0, my campaign is officially screwed. The kingdoms around me grow at a much faster rate, the lords recruit so many troops that there is nothing left for me to recruit, the bug that makes my kingdom declare war on other nations, randomly, without reason is still there... And also captured lords still escape instantly, literally not a day passed and captured Lucon slipped away... and came back with an army of 112, 2 days later.... Where did he get the troops from? I don't know.
Also before I installed Beta, I was running the game at solid 80 fps now I'm struggling to keep 20fps on the same settings lol

I don't understand how after 10 years of development this game is still nowhere near finished

That is right, they started developing the game one day after Warband was officially released :grin: Performance has been getting much better for many people including me, the game runs better than ever, not sure what the issue is on your side. The patch did say that lords now recruit aggresively to fill their army to its maximum size and have on average higher tier troops - what exactly are you surprised about? Also you say that all the villages have no recruits because the lords recruit them all, but at the same time they cheat by not actually recruiting? Makes sense. And dont forget that there is no shame in lowering the difficulty, thats what the options are for.

That is right, they started developing the game one day after Warband was officially released :grin: Performance has been getting much better for many people including me, the game runs better than ever, not sure what the issue is on your side. The patch did say that lords now recruit aggressively to fill their army to its maximum size and have on average higher tier troops - what exactly are you surprised about? Also, you say that all the villages have no recruits because the lords recruit them all, but at the same time they cheat by not actually recruiting? Makes sense. And don't forget that there is no shame in lowering the difficulty, that's what the options are for.
I had to lower the difficulty for recruitment down to very easy and even now I still get only 2 or 3 per village and pretty much nothing in town. Even the higher-level troops that the player has to grind relations with town people to be able to buy, just disappear... I think lords skip the whole relations restriction part, that doesn't affect them. Like before I had to spend about 10 min recruiting people, now that pretty much tripled. I also have a personal army of 300 so that doesn't help, between myself, my other lords and other faction lords the villages and towns are pretty much empty all the time lol

There are numerous problems with 1.3

Companions are missing or bugged. There are no healer companions. I went around the whole map looking, there are none. When you right click on a portrait in the tavern tab, the information that pops up is for a random noble and the person in the tavern becomes uninteractive. The encyclopedic list of wanderer heroes is much smaller. Heroes appear in taverns who are not listed in the encyclopedia. If you do not right click for info on a companion, sometimes they will be recruitable. They won't be in the encyclopedia tho.

Army behavior is borked. Leaders don't stock up on food and you end up feeding the entire army a lot. This is good for influence, but doesn't help much in the light of lawspeakers and trial by jury. Army commanders run around the map too much doing nothing. Dertherts army ran the entire circumference of Battania bypassing, an allied army in a fight that Derthert's intervention would have won easily, a lightly defended city, 2 much smaller armies, and a castle under siege by a 150 or so man force. Derthert didn't fight anything.

Skills are even more of a grind. Every patch seems to make increasing skills more difficult. You took away the ability to give small gifts to nobles to increase charm. Smithing is zero fun at all. The stamina function is crap. I do like the leveling system but it seems to be getting harder and harder to get those skills to move no matter how much focus you put in.

Companion skills are not moving much. I put my people through new skills doing new things to skill them up and help them gain levels. They either learn a few skill points then stop or don't learn anything at all. Companions need a LOT of work.

It seems money making is more difficult. Combat rewards have been nerfed, Companions want to get paid now, top tier soldiers are too expensive.
Tournament loots have also taken a hit. Tier 2 to 3 gear isn't a good set of rewards.

Thrown weapons still hit way too hard. I get one shotted by sea raiders in mid to upper tier armor. Ai seem to have a rang of 100+ meters, while I can't throw more than 20.

This is not a rant, its just a list of problems i see. I love this game and have spent waaay too much time in it since I got it. Well over 100 hours in a week.

I would like to see:

More quests, especially for mid to late game. The success of games like this depends on the feeling of having too much to do and too little time to do it. ie. Skyrim, Witcher 3. etc.

Restore the loots for more difficult bandits and armies. I lost a Vlandian knight and an elite imperial Menvilaton in a sea raider base and got about 500 dinars worth of loot. Not a good exchange.

Better, more engaging ways to level skills. Npc skill levels are currently unreachable by most players. (I haven't hit the end game yet, but I have never gotten a skill over 150 with maximum focus and really persuing leveling the skill in any playthrough.

Last edited:
Better, more engaging ways to level skills. Npc skill levels are currently unreachable by most players. (I haven't hit the end game yet, but I have never gotten a skill over 150 with maximum focus and really persuing leveling the skill in any playthrough.

You made all very good points, as for the Skill Level problem, I suggest using the Skill Multiplier mod to adjust the leveling to your liking rather than using the developer's default settings. Really helps to make it so you don't just hit a wall and can no longer progress anymore. I'm totally against the idea of even having caps as once you hit them, killing anything is just subtracting XP from your Companions/Troops which seems counter-productive. There's also a bunch of Smithing Mods that fix how stupid the Stamina system is if you want.

Don't know if one exists yet, but I'd also love a mod that makes it so every troop in a battle gets XP whether they got killing blows or not. Seems kind of dumb to have to retire your Max Level troops into Garrisons to prevent them from stealing Xp from your troops who are still leveling.

Last edited:
There are numerous problems with 1.3

Companions are missing or bugged. There are no healer companions. When you right click on a portrait in the tavern tab, the information that pops up is for a random noble and the person in the tavern becomes uninteractive. The encyclopedic list of wanderer heroes is much smaller. Heroes appear in taverns who are not listed in the encyclopedia.

Army behavior is borked. Leaders don't stock up on food and you end up feeding the entire army a lot. This is good for influence, but doesn't help much in the light of lawspeakers and trial by jury. Army commanders run around the map too much doing nothing. Dertherts army ran the entire circumference of Battania bypassing, an allied army in a fight that Derthert's intervention would have won easily, a lightly defended city, 2 much smaller armies, and a castle under siege by a 150 or so man force. Derthert didn't fight anything.

Skills are even more of a grind. Every patch seems to make increasing skills more difficult. You took away the ability to give small gifts to nobles to increase charm. Smithing is zero fun at all. The stamina function is crap. I do like the leveling system but it seems to be getting harder and harder to get those skills to move no matter how much focus you put in.

Companion skills are not moving much. I put my people through new skills doing new things to skill them up and help them gain levels. They either learn a few skill points then stop or don't learn anything at all. Companions need a LOT of work.

It seems money making is more difficult. Combat rewards have been nerfed, Companions want to get paid now, top tier soldiers are too expensive.
Tournament loots have also taken a hit. Tier 2 to 3 gear isn't a good set of rewards.

Thrown weapons still hit way too hard. I get one shotted by sea raiders in mid to upper tier armor. Ai seem to have a rang of 100+ meters, while I can't throw more than 20.

This is not a rant, its just a list of problems i see. I love this game and have spent waaay too much time in it since I got it. Well over 100 hours in a week.

I would like to see:

More quests, especially for mid to late game. The success of games like this depends on the feeling of having too much to do and too little time to do it. ie. Skyrim, Witcher 3. etc.

Restore the loots for more difficult bandits and armies. I lost a Vlandian knight and an elite imperial Menvilaton in a sea raider base and got about 500 dinars worth of loot. Not a good exchange.

Definitely agree with you on the companion skill grind and smithing stamina. I really hate to mod things like this as it feels cheap, but I'm highly considering modding these two.

Back
Top Bottom