1.2.0 Towns are (almost) bankrupt

Users who are viewing this thread

For what its worth the second I went mercenary and took out a minor faction lord with 20 horse archers against his 50 infantry recruits money stopped being a problem. I just started mowing down the little guys and reaping the rewards.

I'm not sure money exists in a closed system in this game. It seems to come from out of nowhere. Like when you ransom prisoners.
Yeah tha'ts what I do too, good times.
I haven't noticed the no money in towns yet, I hope I can still give(sell) my towns food if they gots no money. Of course I would rather have a donation option since it's my town and my troops eating all the food.

I just made a thread about this. I don't understand why that small amount of money.

they snuck the caravan changes into 1.1.0 this is not a 1.2.0 beta change if i understand correctly. big huge RIP to the economy. I am against the hyper inflation we have going on in bannerlord currently with all lords have infinite money, but this is the opposite direction. BeggerLord economy in shambles.

I sold 74k of goods to one of my town fiefs, then i was wondering why their money never replenished.... RIP

Let's be real. This wouldn't be a problem if people weren't used to dropping tens of thousands worth of junk gear from their infinite baggage train after slaughtering some ever-respawning recruits and lords.

Lords magically conjuring up free resources needs to be curttailed for gameplay and for the economy. And weapons/armor making no sense price-wise needs to be absolutely eliminated. As another poster put it: you can kill a guy a take his mail shirt, sell the mail shirt, then upgrade 10 of his buddies with new mail shirts. It makes no sense.

Lords magically conjuring up free resources needs to be curttailed for gameplay and for the economy.
I mean, the whole game needs a balancing pass, but this probably isn't the time to do it. If they try to bring all the moving parts to equilibrium every time they add or change a feature the pace of Early Access will grind to a standstill. They need to correct any large positive feedback loops/out of control spiralling to make it playable, but otherwise just work on implementing the features.

Right now I can roll around the map with 75 horse archers and just steamroll every lord with a 200 man party full of recruits over and over without taking loses. That's not exactly engaging gameplay, but if they fix that now then it will just break again when they add the next feature.

I agree that towns having no money obviously needs to be fixed, but by all means give the lords all the resources they need to give the illusion that the game is dynamic and challenging while we wait for new features.

Slowly over time it will all come together. This is just the nature of Early Access.

Let's be real. This wouldn't be a problem if people weren't used to dropping tens of thousands worth of junk gear from their infinite baggage train after slaughtering some ever-respawning recruits and lords.

Lords magically conjuring up free resources needs to be curttailed for gameplay and for the economy. And weapons/armor making no sense price-wise needs to be absolutely eliminated. As another poster put it: you can kill a guy a take his mail shirt, sell the mail shirt, then upgrade 10 of his buddies with new mail shirts. It makes no sense.

I'm all for limiting the over abundance of money but the issue here is that whatever was done that's masking these caravans drain the cities was overtuned since cities shouldn't be hovering around 0-500 gold.

im about to post this I thought im the only one having the same issue can't trade goods also I have auto trader on mods it make the crash damn it I have to manually sell my stuff from now on

I mean, the whole game needs a balancing pass, but this probably isn't the time to do it. If they try to bring all the moving parts to equilibrium every time they add or change a feature the pace of Early Access will grind to a standstill. They need to correct any large positive feedback loops/out of control spiralling to make it playable, but otherwise just work on implementing the features.

Right now I can roll around the map with 75 horse archers and just steamroll every lord with a 200 man party full of recruits over and over without taking loses. That's not exactly engaging gameplay, but if they fix that now then it will just break again when they add the next feature.

I agree that towns having no money obviously needs to be fixed, but by all means give the lords all the resources they need to give the illusion that the game is dynamic and challenging while we wait for new features.

Slowly over time it will all come together. This is just the nature of Early Access.

+1 to this response.

I think its too easy to make money still. I think workshops should not be making more than 50 gold, and items that you buy for 100k gold we should resell for 1k gold, the player just makes way too much money. Towns replenish after time and i feel the max town gold should be 10k gold not 100k. Also, tournament betting is still way too high shouldn't make so much money from something as easy as tournaments. We should have no means of sustaining a large army.... x P I am jking btw; just some dumb posts i saw on here that lead to this massive money nerf across the board.

With the caravans being attacked isn't all the stuff they had on lost forever? So isn't the global market losing tons of goods all over the place all the time?

Probably not, since towns seem to generate goods out of nowhere, lost goods from caravans might also exist in the parties (even bandits maybe, would need to test) that killed the caravan.

Yeah, i agree balancing constantly is not really my main concern. I can always just choose not to do the powerplay so i can be challenged. I would like to see factions less steamrolly still because I can't choose to avoid that, unless maybe I become a mercenary and keep the world balanced myself lol.

I'm curious if the towns gold will slowly rise as gold gets generated from other sources, like tournaments and other potential sources of gold coming from the ether, how long would something like that take? Are there any policies that would effect this? I see the decision of "Debasing the economy", that could be a big source of inflation as well.

My thoughts exactly.

Stop focusing on balance/economy. Focusing on implementing all the core features first. Diplomacy is insanely bare bones atm. Prosperity is negatively effecting food production for some dumb reason and any Fief under siege instantly runs out of food. Most of the skill perks don't even work. They need to prioritize getting all the core features working before bothering with fixing the economy.

I mean c'mon most of the Trade skill perks don't even work yet, but they're nerfing Caravans and Workshops left and right. Cart before the horse syndrome.

What's unbelievable is that they put out a patch like this, where you need to play for 20 mins to see that almost every single town is broke, making the game close to unplayable. Like, do they even test their changes for an hour to check if it's producing the intended result or ripping everything appart like in this case? Heck do they even launch the game to see if it runs? I'm sorry but this makes me mad.

My thoughts exactly.

Stop focusing on balance/economy. Focusing on implementing all the core features first. Diplomacy is insanely bare bones atm. Prosperity is negatively effecting food production for some dumb reason and any Fief under siege instantly runs out of food. Most of the skill perks don't even work. They need to prioritize getting all the core features working before bothering with fixing the economy.

I mean c'mon most of the Trade skill perks don't even work yet, but they're nerfing Caravans and Workshops left and right. Cart before the horse syndrome.
I absolutely agree with you. Towns and castles are starving even BEFORE a siege most of the time.

I absolutely agree with you. Towns and castles are starving even BEFORE a siege most of the time.

It's the developers trying to make the game "Hard" by allowing the AI to cheat. I don't think Prosperity negatively effects their food production, only our own, but under siege, no one has food. You can test this by buying a fief from an Allied Lord, their prosperity will be through the roof but their food production will still be in the positive. If you conquer a town though, they're going to be in the huge negatives of food for a long time, making it hard to put a garrison in place as they'll instantly starve. You might think this has to do with villages providing food, but even if you don't raid the enemy villages at all, you're going to be negative food in any Castle/City you take for a long time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom