1.2.0 Towns are (almost) bankrupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Cormyr

Recruit
With the new beta patch, towns only got a couple of thousands denars which makes trading basically impossible. Probably just a bug.

Can also be related to the caravans nerf, if caravans are being attacked more then the towns can't get materials and thus going bankrupt..

I noticed no bows except steppe bows. I guess caravans being attacked is wrecking everything.

You'd think the kingdoms would be a bit peaceful over time. Throw a few feasts. Go to tournaments. Stop all the fighting for a month or so.

I noticed no bows except steppe bows. I guess caravans being attacked is wrecking everything.

You'd think the kingdoms would be a bit peaceful over time. Throw a few feasts. Go to tournaments. Stop all the fighting for a month or so.

There's a massive hole here in the game play. Needs to be addressed.

I was wondering why the demand for everything was so high until a town couldn't afford to pay for my goods.

Prices of most commodities are skyrocketing, which is usually something that happens in the late game for all food items... another issue that might need to be looked at.

I don't think it's that, all the towns are going down into the 2,000 dollar range within 5 minutes of playing.

Seems to fluctuate constantly and definitely related to caravans. I made a new game and went to Poros and had the game pass time and watched the city go down to 3k after many caravans went to the city. I then noticed the city slowly get back to 8k and it sat there for a while till a new caravan came by and the city then went to 2k and went back to 7k once the caravan left. After that caravan I waited for a while and a new caravan came by and the city then went to 3k and didn't go back up then the next caravan came by and took the city to 0 and once it left the city was at 2k. Maybe this is an issue that resolves itself as caravans stabilize (doesn't look like it after waiting for quite a while) or it's a problem with cities buying too much.

Is it just me or does reloading seem to give all the cities gold?

I didn't see the cities gold change when reloading.

Last edited:
Seems to fluctuate constantly and definitely related to caravans. I made a new game and went to Poros and had the game pass time and watched the city go down to 3k after many caravans went to the city. I then noticed the city slowly get back to 8k and it sat there for a while till a new caravan came by and the city then went to 2k and went back to 7k once the caravan left. After that caravan I waited for a while and a new caravan came by and the city then went to 3k and didn't go back up then the next caravan came by and took the city to 0 and once it left the city was at 2k. Maybe this is an issue that resolves itself as caravans stabilize or it's a problem with cities buying too much.

Yep, looks like that is the culprit.

Seems to fluctuate constantly and definitely related to caravans. I made a new game and went to Poros and had the game pass time and watched the city go down to 3k after many caravans went to the city. I then noticed the city slowly get back to 8k and it sat there for a while till a new caravan came by and the city then went to 2k and went back to 7k once the caravan left. After that caravan I waited for a while and a new caravan came by and the city then went to 3k and didn't go back up then the next caravan came by and took the city to 0 and once it left the city was at 2k. Maybe this is an issue that resolves itself as caravans stabilize (doesn't look like it after waiting for quite a while) or it's a problem with cities buying too much.

I actually like this (not with this low of wealth value), but in how much the funds of a city fluctuates with the caravans. When the devs were talking about things they wanted in implement into Bannerlord, they brought up one being war through merchantilism, bankrupting the opposing factions to weaken them. If this is tweaked a little to allow fluctuations from, maybe 10k to 50k, I think it would work well. Add in ways to monopolize or restrict certain trade items and commodities, and it will add another level of strategy to the game!

With the caravans being attacked isn't all the stuff they had on lost forever? So isn't the global market losing tons of goods all over the place all the time? Demand was already very high during endgame due to constant wars ravaging villages, there won't be enough goods to supply cities like this.

I actually like this (not with this low of wealth value), but in how much the funds of a city fluctuates with the caravans. When the devs were talking about things they wanted in implement into Bannerlord, they brought up one being war through merchantilism, bankrupting the opposing factions to weaken them. If this is tweaked a little to allow fluctuations from, maybe 10k to 50k, I think it would work well. Add in ways to monopolize or restrict certain trade items and commodities, and it will add another level of strategy to the game!

Yea I do like the idea of money actually mattering and the issue right now is more that it's just overtuned.

With the caravans being attacked isn't all the stuff they had on lost forever? So isn't the global market losing tons of goods all over the place all the time? Demand was already very high during endgame due to constant wars ravaging villages, there won't be enough goods to supply cities like this.

I thought this could be a part of it but I have the patrol mod so the looters and such aren't as over abundant. I've also checked the caravans before and after and they have plenty of goods and money before and after.

For example a Vlandia caravan before going to Poros had 10k and tons of goods and after Poros it still had 10k and tons of good (mostly since the city couldn't buy most the goods).

I noticed all the surrounding villages are still sitting at 1k too so even they are broke.

Last edited:
For what its worth the second I went mercenary and took out a minor faction lord with 20 horse archers against his 50 infantry recruits money stopped being a problem. I just started mowing down the little guys and reaping the rewards.

I'm not sure money exists in a closed system in this game. It seems to come from out of nowhere. Like when you ransom prisoners.

For what its worth the second I went mercenary and took out a minor faction lord with 20 horse archers against his 50 infantry recruits money stopped being a problem. I just started mowing down the little guys and reaping the rewards.

I'm not sure money exists in a closed system in this game. It seems to come from out of nowhere. Like when you ransom prisoners.
Wait until you're wrecking lords and making upwards of 20k just from their loot alone. I made over 75k last night after defeating 5 lords combined in a single battle.

Back
Top Bottom