1.1.4 multiplayer fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

Archers should, generally, not have access to twohanded weapons or polearms.
Fianns seem to be the least problematic of the 2handed weapon users in the archer class. For me personally, I think it fits the Battanian ranger, since the Highland Hunting Bow is the weakest shortbow in the game, but the Ranger makes up for it by having exceptional melee damage for an unarmored ranged unit.

Khan's Guard is probably the worst offender since they're basically half heavy archer half heavy inf half shock trooper, though the Palatine Guard more or less needs to be as strong as they are to make up for the increased pressure to play perfectly or not at all as Empire.

Last edited:
Fianns seem to be the least problematic of the 2handed weapon users in the archer class. For me personally, I think it fits the Battanian ranger, since the Highland Hunting Bow is the weakest shortbow in the game, but the Ranger makes up for it by having exceptional melee damage for an unarmored ranged unit.

Khan's Guard is probably the worst offender since they're basically half heavy archer half heavy inf half shock trooper, though the Palatine Guard more or less needs to be as strong as they are to make up for the increased pressure to play perfectly or not at all as Empire.
the fk are you talking about, all three of the factions mentioned have great archers, each one is decent as a light inf. they have just about equal bows (also aserai archer but noob doesnt include that.) battania has 2h because of the slower but higher damage bow to fit the loadout. sure 2h is nice but if they dont have a shield or a weapon that can use a shield they will die to other cav and archers/xbows 75% of the time. unless you are absolutely crazy with a 2h this is not a problem. plus empire has the best heavy inf in the game with the axe and melee expert so there is no reason to give the best inf class a top tier archer as well, hell their coursers are worse than most of the other light cav while cataphract can keep up with real cav classes, the archers are able to keep up with other good archers while inf cleans up and heavy cav dominate. at this point its the players not the classes.

Maybe it's just my personal experience fighting Fianns in melee, but I haven't had too too many issues dispatching them in melee. And for me personally, I've found the Battanian ranger more satisfying to play in melee range than the Fiann's longbow/2h sword combo.

Why I personally think Khan's Guard is problematic, their other units are good enough units that the heavy archers being half heavy inf half heavy archer half shock troop does come off as sorta kinda more than slightly overtuned. You can't not use blunt weapons to fight them, and the high damage and deceptively fast swings of the Glaive can make short work of anyone that manages to close the distance.

I haven't really haven't much experience with how the Veteran plays or is fought against, though I don't remember being all too convinced of the Heavy Mace and Shield perk's killing power from what little I played.

As for why Palatine Guard needs to be as strong as they are, you never wanna be in a position where you can't spawn as anyone other than the recruit. The units of Empire always came off to me as just average performing relative to other units, though the Menavlion Infantry has a noticeable weakness to less open environments due to his weapon getting caught on things, but that's a different issue entirely. The Palatine Guard stands out cuz of his high armor rating, and the option to carry what's basically a diet menavlion that still hits like the real deal. On paper, that might seem busted, but there's also the added pressure of having to break even with such an expensive respawn that dying isn't an option for you or else you're stuck being a free kill for the enemy on your subsequent respawn. In fact, I'd argue that the Palatine Guard is the only Empire unit that is adequately balanced around a "ragequit if you die as this unit" downside

the fk are you talking about
At this point no doubt in my mind he is either just trolling and try bait some arguments and cause some drama or actual stupid but with a massive ego that tells him that he knows everything about game balancing and development.

At this point no doubt in my mind he is either just trolling and try bait some arguments and cause some drama or actual stupid but with a massive ego that tells him that he knows everything about game balancing and development.
Alternatively, I find it rather baffling that i've found three games that are subject to them being unbalanced on purpose and in those three examples including Bannerlord, I seem to be the only one who's sane enough to think that those games being unbalanced is unbalanced.

At least the other two games I've seen attempt to justify the underpowered elements with the excuse of "we need to sell DLC, and we can't sell DLC if the player isn't being pressured into buying them". I don't see any DLC for multiplayer that Empire's shortcomings could be contrived as an attempt to get people to buy.

Would you have any balancing suggestions?
No balancing suggestion exactly but:
Either give more money for TDM/Siege or just destroy the ranked mode that doesn't allow players to actually play the game. Please how much time has to pass with 1v1 players for you to realize you have to revert that decision.

He literally knows nothing about the game or the current meta for classes yet he's been complaining about the same things for more than a year. Check his posts. I think he's mentally challenged, just ignore him.

Enable team hits in tdm/siege
Disable non-archer non-cav classes from mounting or picking up bow/crossbow
Remove gold perks
Buff khuzait armor
Remove ranked system from skirmish/captain queue

he's mentally challenged
Im also mentally challenged in some aspects. I realise now that I may have been too harsh and I apologize. One of my challenges is temper.

Copy%20of%20FoS%20Header%20Images%20%2830%29.png

He literally knows nothing about the game or the current meta for classes yet he's been complaining about the same things for more than a year. Check his posts. I think he's mentally challenged, just ignore him.
Actually break down step by step on how a wimpy unit that exists to be a free kill for everyone else is somehow balanced.

If you guys cannot explain why having garbage units that only exist to die to their enemies is somehow balanced, then i am forced to believe that you guys only wish for the game to remain an unbalanced mess

Last edited:
Have a look at the 5 most played games on Steam. Its all competitive games. Have a look at how they are designed. How is the team joining/balancing? Do they have free team picking or some kind of team balancing going on?

Do you honestly think Counter Strike would have become what it is today if competitive servers just had free team picking?

Final suggestion:

Have casual servers as well as competitive servers. Same settings, only difference is that competitive server doesnt have team picking or faction voting and have friendly fire enabled.

The community provided consistent feedback for literally years. Would a summary help?
To be fair, much of it, (most of it?) is uninsightful nonsens. I wouldnt force someone, even my worst enemy, to go through 10 years of M&B MP "feedback". Brain melting business.

TDM servers with team damage on would be a great start IMO; maybe in addition to the current ones we have so new players still have a place to learn
Also siege servers, both tdm and siege turn into 2hander attack spaming moshpit without ff.

Then again ff is really annoying with how easy it is to hit your teammates, but thats a swing arc problem not ff problem imo.

Have a look at the 5 most played games on Steam. Its all competitive games. Have a look at how they are designed. How is the team joining/balancing? Do they have free team picking or some kind of team balancing going on?

Do you honestly think Counter Strike would have become what it is today if competitive servers just had free team picking?

Final suggestion:

Have casual servers as well as competitive servers. Same settings, only difference is that competitive server doesnt have team picking or faction voting and have friendly fire enabled.
Didn't CS had free team picking in 1.6?

To be fair, much of it, (most of it?) is uninsightful nonsens. I wouldnt force someone, even my worst enemy, to go through 10 years of M&B MP "feedback". Brain melting business.
Do you play competitive Bannerlord? Have you played competitive Warband? Do you have any info to explain why community feedback would be bad in any regard?

Didn't CS had free team picking in 1.6?
Yeah. There was also servers with autobalance.

Do you play competitive Bannerlord?
I'd like to. I use to. But currently there is no competitive Bannerlord.
Have you played competitive Warband?
1000s of hours, for some reason Steam didnt count my Warband playtime when I used the cRPG launcher, I forgot why and I dont care. Im top 100 hall of fame.
Do you have any info to explain why community feedback would be bad in any regard?
"Nerf rock. Paper is fine" - Scissor

Seems to be the general notion. There is 10% of valuable useful feedback, the rest is uninsighful, biased or just nuts. Do you want an example? Throw a stone, I wouldnt know where to start. Its all on this forum, did you look?

I'd like to. I use to. But currently there is no competitive Bannerlord.
There is, they just don't play in official servers
"Nerf rock. Paper is fine" - Scissor

Seems to be the general notion. There is 10% of valuable useful feedback, the rest is uninsighful, biased or just nuts. Do you want an example? Throw a stone, I wouldnt know where to start. Its all on this forum, did you look?
Well it's you who claimed the feedback was bad and it's you who has to provide what you think it's wrong with it and WHICH is wrong. This doesn't cut it really. I'll be happy to agree or disagree on actual feedback you consider bad.

I dont care. I dont need your acceptance. I dont care if you disagree. The fact that you even ask for examples as if I have to defend my claims to you, tells me all I need to know. You basically ask me to name individuals that I think are imbeciles, put them forward so that you High Lord of the Bull****, can judge weather I was right or wrong and bless me with your all knowing.

**** off.

I dont care. I dont need your acceptance. I dont care if you disagree. The fact that you even ask for examples as if I have to defend my claims to you, tells me all I need to know. You basically ask me to name individuals that I think are imbeciles, put them forward so that you High Lord of the Bull****, can judge weather I was right or wrong and bless me with your all knowing.

**** off.
Wow chill out man. Why are you even reacting like this if my opinion is so unimportant. What I mean was not that you had to mention any names lmfao, I just want to see what feedback you disagree about and pretty much on a good faith, I wanted to understand your points, and the idea here is that if there's something you find wrong sending others to look for it themselves it's nonsensical. But now I just think you never had a point at all.

Back
Top Bottom