1.1.4 multiplayer fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

But now I just think you never had a point at all.
If i'm perfectly honest, I think the same can be said for everyone playing this. Myself, I've been wanting the more busted units and factions to be toned down while those on the opposite end of things should be buffed. However, people on this forum wants these imbalances to remain in place and because they won't explain why a wimpy unit that only exists to be a free kill for his enemies is somehow balanced, I can only make the assumption that they just want to farm kills with little effort.

To be fair, much of it, (most of it?) is uninsightful nonsens. I wouldnt force someone, even my worst enemy, to go through 10 years of M&B MP "feedback". Brain melting business.
The popular and insightful ones were fairly obvious being the longest running threads, coming from regular contributors etc. It's untrue to say the quality feedback wasn't noticeable - community managers and devs regularly replied and agreed to work on some or all aspects. Follow through has simply been inconsistent.

The popular and insightful ones were fairly obvious being the longest running threads, coming from regular contributors etc. It's untrue to say the quality feedback wasn't noticeable - community managers and devs regularly replied and agreed to work on some or all aspects. Follow through has simply been inconsistent.
The devs also stopped answering all together with some of them even leaving the company - wonder why that happened at all! Whoever runs these teams doesnt care about feedback and will just leave it as it is. For me the feedback most of the community agrees on is: Delete the ranked system, as it clearly didn't work and it makes matchmaking just an extra, unnecesary and distracting tab. Is like having a huge but broken second fridge you don't even use right in the middle of the kitchen.

The devs also stopped answering all together with some of them even leaving the company - wonder why that happened at all! Whoever runs these teams doesnt care about feedback and will just leave it as it is. For me the feedback most of the community agrees on is: Delete the ranked system, as it clearly didn't work and it makes matchmaking just an extra, unnecesary and distracting tab. Is like having a huge but broken second fridge you don't even use right in the middle of the kitchen.
So if I understand your post correctly, you (and allegedly majority of the community) want to get rid of both the ranking system as well as the matchmaking system?

So if I understand your post correctly, you (and allegedly majority of the community) want to get rid of both the ranking system as well as the matchmaking system?
Just the ranking system because it clearly destroyed matchmaking, that's what I meant. Try playing MM and you'll find 1 person to play with. Literally.

Just the ranking system because it clearly destroyed matchmaking, that's what I meant. Try playing MM and you'll find 1 person to play with. Literally.
agreed, a return to the pre-ranking system would be great.
It wouldn't fix everything suddenly considering it chocked the life out of multiplayer for over a year by now, but it would allow the game to heal by not forcing us to look for a not full custom game or wait 30 mins for a 5 mins 1v1.

agreed, a return to the pre-ranking system would be great.
It wouldn't fix everything suddenly considering it chocked the life out of multiplayer for over a year by now, but it would allow the game to heal by not forcing us to look for a not full custom game or wait 30 mins for a 5 mins 1v1.
It's weird that they left it like that for so long. They literally know it had a 100% negative effect and did nothing about it. @Dejan are there any plans? It's just really weird, you have a complete side of your MP just hanging around purposeless.

facepalm-really.gif

Gal "I have no arguments and I just comment things to get attention, and I also get angry and cry when asked to show my point" dr
Do you even know how a matchmaker works? Without rankings, how would you suggest the MM to match?

Do you even know how a matchmaker works? Without rankings, how would you suggest the MM to match?
Like it was before the ranked system got implemented, so other people can join mid game and so matches don't get canceled because someone left after waiting 5 minutes for anyone else to join. They had the skirmish mode set up perfectly before they broke it. Now if you wanna mm you gotta join the discord and use the player made mm system and play on custom servers.

Did you even played mm before ranked? Read the guy above below.
so other people can join mid game
So "Matchmaking" is a very particular thing. It's a mechanic that attempt to create a round/map/match that is as equal and balanced as possible. For this to happen, certain criterias must be collected, things like the skill of the players, the weapons or tools at their disposal and whatever else that has an impact on the balance of the upcoming round/game/map/match that its going to create.
When other people can join mid game, it is not balanced and it is not equal. It is not matchmaking.

Edit 2: A Bannerlord MM would certainly need some kind of idea of the skill level of the players its attempting to match.

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matchmaking_(video_games)
https://netduma.com/blog/how-matchmaking-works

Edit 3:
Batman-Slapping-Robin-Meme-Explained.jpg

Last edited:
I guess this could be used as one of the examples that you requested from me previously.

You ask for MM but you really want is a regular server that works just as all the other servers.

IF you ask for actual MM, then you must also accept a ranking system and the fact that players will not able to join mid-game.

I guess this could be used as one of the examples that you requested from me previously.

You ask for MM but you really want is a regular server that works just as all the other servers.

IF you ask for actual MM, then you must also accept a ranking system and the fact that players will not able to join mid-game.
UHHNM ATUALLY MATCHMAKING NEEDS RANKED BCS ITS NOT MATCHMAKING
nerd-emoji-nerd.gif

Brother the idea here is that, that tab is completely useless now and it was a way to play skirmish or captain, earn more money and if clans wanted to make use of it they could. Ranked of course is not the problem, the problem was it's implementation

When ranked was put in an update it was done so poorly and bad the whole community abandoned it, and now we ask for its previous way of working because at least it had some use. You can Google in dictionaries and keep ignoring the issue.
How do you even want to put skill levels and ceilings IF THERE ISNT ANYONE PLAYING AT ALLL.

Yep they clearly gave up on certain more ambitious goals. They spent 80% of beta just trying to "balance" the factions in a simplistic manner. Devs also couldn't handle criticism and became extremely defensive. (in fairness some of the community was extremely offensive lol)

Would you have any balancing suggestions?
There was plenty of feedback throughout the years. You can always go back and check it, even 2019 threads.

The first things that come to my head:
And 2021 thread of delayed attack animation if needed
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/delayed-attack-and-animation-bug.448292/

Back
Top Bottom