Users who are viewing this thread

Qwezz

Sergeant at Arms
patchnotes-v1.1.4.png

v1.1.4​

Multiplayer​

Fixes
  • Improved lobby server stability.
  • Fixed a bug that caused connection issues for longer-running official custom servers.

I've played 1+ hour on a server today with multiple map switches AND without any crashes.

Is this it?
Have the servers been fixed?
Is the game finally playable?

Still get random bugs like getting trapped in arrow slits(yes that just happened to me so I'm annoyed).
As for balance it's just stuff like Khuzait being weak in siege but its not as bad as warband.

Would you have any balancing suggestions?
Here's a thing you could have a page crawl through for starters: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?categories/classes.686/

This is a good one too: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/multiplayer.695/

If you made an official and publicized effort, encouraged concrete feedback, and seriously considered and attacked the ideas therein it would at least give you a somewhat clearer picture of the perceived issues and big asks of the community. of course not every idea will make good sense or be feasible. At any rate it's better than nothing.

I've already mentioned a chock-full of suggestions at one point but to summarize:

Vlandia - Number adjustments to make them a tad weaker than they currently are.
Battania - Mounted Warrior could use a couchable lance in lieu of Cavalry Spear to compensate for lack of heavy cav, Falx and Rhomphalia should switch places.
Khuzait - Not too sure what needs buffing tbh.
Aserai - They need additional blunt damage sources other than the Tribal Warrior and Veteran. This could improve Aserai v Vlandia and Aserai v Battania matchups
Sturgia - Similarly to Aserai, they also need more blunt weapons. Overrelying on the Berserker is a fast way to die to archers and javelins
Empire - Ordinarily, i'd ask for Recruit buffs but considering the past two years, it's apparent to me that them being weak is an intentional design decision. Because of this, I'll instead ask that every other unit to be buffed in order to compensate for the Recruit's shortcomings.

I think another thing that could be added is the ability to set class limits when hosting servers. For official TaleWorlds servers, I think Archers could be limited to 16% (to match Chiv2's archer limits), and I guess maybe 30 or 40% cavalry. Not too sure what would be the ideal cavalry limit, but I'm confident that a more lenient cavalry limit can work.

Last edited:
It's great to see that TaleWorlds is making efforts to improve the stability of the Multiplayer aspect.
Perhaps it's a bit late, but it's still better than having no improvements at all.

Still, it would be highly beneficial to have an official statement regarding the future plans for Multiplayer as it is something that many people are eagerly anticipating.

We are very glad that TW finally solved the stability bug that has plagued MP for several months after receiving continuous feedback from players. CN region will reconvene players to return to MP for play recently. We look forward to the following update which will allow players to directly access our server bypassing lobby as soon as possible, which will further expand the number of MP players

Ill reinstall the game and make MP great again - when you have changed it to autobalanced teams and remove the faction vote. Map vote is totally fine.

Team picking generate unbalance, obviously to anyone who played more than 30mins competitive game in their life.

Faction vote generate unbalance, obvious to anyone who played the game for more than 30mins and noticed the DIFFERENCES in the factions.
(yes, i call it differences or diversity, sue me flashnoob douchecanoe)

The way the classes, factions and gear is balanced, is on you. I have no opinion about this. I expect this to be an ongoing process based on reliable stats and other info that youve collected.

Actual gamers adapt. You cannot adapt to team unbalance and WTJ (Winner Team Joining)

Team picking generate unbalance, obviously to anyone who played more than 30mins competitive game in their life.

Faction vote generate unbalance, obvious to anyone who played the game for more than 30mins and noticed the DIFFERENCES in the factions.
If certain factions remain as bad as they are, I am morally obligated to play against them just because playing as Sturgia or Empire is insufferable.

If i had to choose between playing as Empire vs Sturgia, I'll at least pick the latter.

I know Vlandia are the best at everything, but I am willing to play against them as long as their opponent isn't Sturgia or Empire.

If certain factions remain as bad as they are, I am morally obligated to play against them just because playing as Sturgia or Empire is insufferable.

If i had to choose between playing as Empire vs Sturgia, I'll at least pick the latter.

I know Vlandia are the best at everything, but I am willing to play against them as long as their opponent isn't Sturgia or Empire.

Ill rest my case

Ill rest my case
If they buffed the weaker factions, i'd actually be willing to play them. You however, want them to stay weak so you can continue bullying the free kills. To you, that is somehow a balanced game. Ever stopped to think why people are abandoning this for Chiv2?

Yes please.

Captain mode has been back at the Heavy Infantry + Blunt weapon meta for a year or so now.

Please reduce the Shield Strength Multiplier for Captain Mode to about half its current value.

Put Javelin bonus damage to shields back on. (Probably not worth the debate)

There's no reason to take axes because you will not be able to destroy enemy shields in any meaningful way.

The overwhelming majority of players of this game don't know the AI will pick up shields from the ground if theirs gets broken because it never happens, as troops die long before their shield could possibly be broken.

Skirmishers could potentially help with the monoclass meta problem and this could give them an actual function to perform in the game:

Collection of other bugs that stop Skirmishers from being effective in Captain now:

Last edited:
If they buffed the weaker factions, i'd actually be willing to play them. You however, want them to stay weak so you can continue bullying the free kills. To you, that is somehow a balanced game. Ever stopped to think why people are abandoning this for Chiv2?
You can choose what class I play and you can pick whatever class to play. Ill beat you 18/20. Shut up and piss off my back, dont address me anymore.

"want them to stay weak so you can continue bullying the free kills"

In my scenario this wouldnt happen because 1. No faction voting and 2. No teampicking. I dont know exactly how you expect me to "bully free kills" when I have no power over the selection of faction or team I play on. You are dumb.

You can choose what class I play and you can pick whatever class to play. Ill beat you 18/20. Shut up and piss off my back, dont address me anymore.

"want them to stay weak so you can continue bullying the free kills"

In my scenario this wouldnt happen because 1. No faction voting and 2. No teampicking. I dont know exactly how you expect me to "bully free kills" when I have no power over the selection of faction or team I play on. You are dumb.
I will keep addressing you because I wanna you've been auto-assigned to the weaker factions. What will you do when your basic 100 cost infantry only exists to let the enemy farm free kills off of you? Because TaleWorlds designed certain units to suck. I think i know what i'm talking about if I can solo 5 recruits with an Improved Armor/Farmer Peasant levy.

You are actually insane for thinking that an intentionally bad unit consistently getting killed by literally anything else is somehow balanced while other 100 cost units are actually viable to use as a late joiner.

1h swords are either too fast, or too long, compared to a 2h sword. I shouldn’t get hit as much as I do while back peddling. You can also lengthen a 2h sword if you don’t want to change the 1h. 1h sword running speed is too high in relation to a 2h sword counter part given the Attack Speed, finesse, and damage. I can forgive the idea that a 1h sword will “block or deflect” a power attack from a direct 2h sword blow only if the 2h does more damage on impact. Curved swords should have better smashing power to make up for their loss of thrust and their near 1h length.

Axes and Hammers don’t damage shields enough or crush thru as often as they should making their sluggishness more of a handicap than anything.

If I see Empire vs Empire it makes me want to leave the game. Give them a 2hander option like in duel - have the polearm optioned out with a 2h.

• Archers should, generally, not have access to twohanded weapons or polearms. (An exception could be made for twohanded axes for Sturgian archers, as they aren't super good anyways).
  • Horses should probably take a slight speed nerf.
  • Archers and infantry should not be able to mount horses. At all. None. Zero.

^these are all from a Skirmish-centered perspective, but I believe they'd work for other modes as well. Excluding maybe the last one for captain, I can see why players may want to mount horses for a better overview.

Back
Top Bottom