1.1.0 has some frustrating issues

Users who are viewing this thread

hiBoB

Recruit
I get that 1.1.0 has some exciting new features but after playing with it for two or three hours it feels like a downgrade.
I wanted to continue on a savefile I started a while ago in 1.0, I own half the map but suddenly I don't know anyone, even my vassals are complete strangers and I don't know what they look like. That doesn't feel good. I guess it's okay because you wouldn't have that problem on a new save and I just installed a mod that solved that problem. But it is not the only one.
Prisoners used to be sorted by how much they are worth, and now that's gone for some reason. Someone apparently thought "you know what it's not cool that players can easily and conveniently get the most valuable prisoners when they win a battle and can't take everyone because of their prisoner limit. Let's make them manually sort something because clicking little arrows in a menu and checking soldiers level is super fun". Admittedly that's not a big issue but WHY? Why would you just remove a QoL feature that unarguably makes the game more enjoyable and less tedious? Even the nobles are now mixed in with the troops and not always at the top of your list so you have to be careful when ransoming your prisoners at the tavern, before you could just spam click below the group of nobles to quickly sell all the soldiers! Why make the game more confusing? Who took that decision and why? Why? Why? It's literally making me crazy! WHY?
And another "why" is about siege defense. Now you can't deploy your troops before a siege battle when defending, they just go wherever. WHYYYYYYYYY? The groups are kept from your previous siege battle so if you were in offense during the last battle well too bad you just gotta keep these formations now or reorganize them with f3 f5 without being able to sort them properly with shields, heavy armors and stuff. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Why are you making things less convenient and more frustrating? Are you telling me that the defenders in a siege got taken by surprise and didn't get any time to organize themselves? Oh crap there's a huge army that has been bombarding our city for days but now that they've started walking towards us we've suddenly noticed that something was up! This makes no sense even from a roleplaying perspective, it is not realistic at all, defenders would be ready to mobilize on short notice during a siege unless they all want to die! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? This makes even less sense from a gameplay perspective. Why would it be funnier to have your soldiers randomly thrown into inappropriate groups and piled on top of terrible defensive position? It's not like I'm trying to win a siege at 3vs1... I just don't understand how a person could reason that taking away an obvious an logical quality of life feature makes sense. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Okay I just lost all sanity I'm going to go feed my dog chocolate while wearing a tin foil hat in the microwave now, good bye.
Seriously these are minor issues (although the last one kind of isn't minor) but it's just so baffling that it's making me crazy.

I get that 1.1.0 has some exciting new features but after playing with it for two or three hours it feels like a downgrade.
I wanted to continue on a savefile I started a while ago in 1.0, I own half the map but suddenly I don't know anyone, even my vassals are complete strangers and I don't know what they look like. That doesn't feel good. I guess it's okay because you wouldn't have that problem on a new save and I just installed a mod that solved that problem. But it is not the only one.
Prisoners used to be sorted by how much they are worth, and now that's gone for some reason. Someone apparently thought "you know what it's not cool that players can easily and conveniently get the most valuable prisoners when they win a battle and can't take everyone because of their prisoner limit. Let's make them manually sort something because clicking little arrows in a menu and checking soldiers level is super fun". Admittedly that's not a big issue but WHY? Why would you just remove a QoL feature that unarguably makes the game more enjoyable and less tedious? Even the nobles are now mixed in with the troops and not always at the top of your list so you have to be careful when ransoming your prisoners at the tavern, before you could just spam click below the group of nobles to quickly sell all the soldiers! Why make the game more confusing? Who took that decision and why? Why? Why? It's literally making me crazy! WHY?
And another "why" is about siege defense. Now you can't deploy your troops before a siege battle when defending, they just go wherever. WHYYYYYYYYY? The groups are kept from your previous siege battle so if you were in offense during the last battle well too bad you just gotta keep these formations now or reorganize them with f3 f5 without being able to sort them properly with shields, heavy armors and stuff. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Why are you making things less convenient and more frustrating? Are you telling me that the defenders in a siege got taken by surprise and didn't get any time to organize themselves? Oh crap there's a huge army that has been bombarding our city for days but now that they've started walking towards us we've suddenly noticed that something was up! This makes no sense even from a roleplaying perspective, it is not realistic at all, defenders would be ready to mobilize on short notice during a siege unless they all want to die! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? This makes even less sense from a gameplay perspective. Why would it be funnier to have your soldiers randomly thrown into inappropriate groups and piled on top of terrible defensive position? It's not like I'm trying to win a siege at 3vs1... I just don't understand how a person could reason that taking away an obvious an logical quality of life feature makes sense. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Okay I just lost all sanity I'm going to go feed my dog chocolate while wearing a tin foil hat in the microwave now, good bye.
Seriously these are minor issues (although the last one kind of isn't minor) but it's just so baffling that it's making me crazy.
Honestly, they have been working on that game going on what? Twelve years now? I think they are sick of it, like an angry little teenager, you just want them out of the house, so what do you do? You make their life a living hell, so the first chance they get, they bounce.

We are those angry teenagers, and they want us out of their house.

Honestly, they have been working on that game going on what? Twelve years now? I think they are sick of it, like an angry little teenager, you just want them out of the house, so what do you do? You make their life a living hell, so the first chance they get, they bounce.

We are those angry teenagers, and they want us out of their house.
Yes I think they are trying to alienate their customer base on purpose that makes perfect sense. They just want to stop making money and just get out of business. No one actually likes money it's disgusting. Have you ever tried tasting it? Yucky.
I'm gonna go feed a dog chocolate while wearing a tinfoil hat in the microwave.

Yes I think they are trying to alienate their customer base on purpose that makes perfect sense. They just want to stop making money and just get out of business. No one actually likes money it's disgusting. Have you ever tried tasting it? Yucky.
I'm gonna go feed a dog chocolate while wearing a tinfoil hat in the microwave.
They already got our money genius.

They already got our money genius.
Yeah so they want to stop getting more. Obviously. Makes sense yeahyeahyeah.
Honestly how far do you think this bad faith, non constructive criticism will get you? Why would the devs listen to the community's feedback and suggestions if it's filled up by trolls with nothing else to say than "you're trash devs I would have done a much better job you're bad reeeeeeee". I'm just trying to get the devs to think again about their decisions, if you want to trash talk for the sake of trash talking go on Twitter

Back
Top Bottom