[1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

Users who are viewing this thread

You mean in terms of the weighting? Yeah, I was just looking at it in absolute terms, but I think most people don't realize how much the weighting factor actually affects it, they see 0 to 50 and by it going up fast, they think it's out of control.

Yeah, in terms of time invested at best case scenario. So best case scenario, if it takes you 5 hours to get to 100 in a skill then its going to take you 250 hours to get to 275.

Just because the leveling should be faster at high levels doesn't mean the levels should be supper fast at low levels. I mean max level units are in the 130 to 150 skill range. So I figure going above that should take a lot of focus. Also with the multiple lives that will be put in you'll be able to slowly build up your characters strength over generations.

The other problem is the skill tree just isn't very interesting so the low levels seem almost pointless. I think if things were adjusted it will be better.

Just because the leveling should be faster at high levels doesn't mean the levels should be supper fast at low levels. I mean max level units are in the 130 to 150 skill range. So I figure going above that should take a lot of focus. Also with the multiple lives that will be put in you'll be able to slowly build up your characters strength over generations.

The other problem is the skill tree just isn't very interesting so the low levels seem almost pointless. I think if things were adjusted it will be better.

I think skill gain should be faster at a low level. If you look at skill based activities in real life, there is typically a couple years of rapid skill development, and then a taper, where skill development is made in small increments. This is reflected by the current system. You can get basic proficiency in most skills pretty quickly, but getting to mastery is a real grind.

Yeah early game you gain levels every encounter, but late game you gain levels on par with the frequency of Warband, at least in my own experience. 7 years into my current campaign on the beta branch and I still gain at least a combat skill level per encounter, which is what I feel should be the case for a game that is meant to be played over generations.

There is a new update where the problem is fixed:

"Character Skill Levels will no longer be automatically increased when a save game from a version before 1.1.0 is loaded."

Just load your old save file into the new update, the beta and the latest update are now similair but fixed

Yeah, in terms of time invested at best case scenario. So best case scenario, if it takes you 5 hours to get to 100 in a skill then its going to take you 250 hours to get to 275.
Nope, can confirm this to not be the case in 1.1.0. Maybe 20 hours into my current campaign and I'm sitting at 260 riding skill and just over 200 archery.

Nope, can confirm this to not be the case in 1.1.0. Maybe 20 hours into my current campaign and I'm sitting at 260 riding skill and just over 200 archery.

Please sensei teach us all exactly how you beat the literal math behind it. At 150~ skills start taking around 13k xp, and your entire quiver getting unloaded into brains is not going to provide a single level in most battles.

Please sensei teach us all exactly how you beat the literal math behind it. At 150~ skills start taking around 13k xp, and your entire quiver getting unloaded into brains is not going to provide a single level in most battles.
I dont know what to say... I just dumped some focus points in riding and archery, then shot my entire quiver of arrows into many enemy brains repeatedly as I rode around on my majestic steed, all while progressing through the game over the course of just around a decade at this point. I dont find the leveling to be any more extreme than some other titles that have been around for a while, but I suppose I am just used to playing extremely grindy games so Bannerlord seems toned down from what I'm used to.

Back
Top Bottom