[1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

Users who are viewing this thread

Nothing wrong with taking 100+ hours to get to 275 though, especially since it's not needed to "finish" the game. It's just a better feeling to see you are actually going somewhere with your skills.
Most campaigns won't be 100+ hours long, even if you take all the map. And that will be to get ONE SKILL to 275, man, i dont know you but i want to do other campaigns and other things in my life besides playing bannerlord.

Maybe they should add a difficulty setting for leveling ? Hard - the way it was before 1.1.0, easy - the way it is now and medium - somewhere in the middle. As long as i have to start a new campaing every now and then because of a new version, fast is good. But as soon as it gets more fleshed out i would prefer it to be much slower than it is now. So everybody gets what they want.

I think it's fine now. You can get 100 in one skill moderately quickly, but you have to keep in mind 300 is the cap. So 100 is not much. Another thing you have to keep in mind is if getting 150 in one single skill cost 40-50 hours to achieve you will finish your campaign before getting any skill to the max cap and that's not good for the game. I had like 80 One-handed with my first 40 hours playthrough.
To those that are experiencing crazy boosts of xp, you probably reloaded an old save. If u didnt load and started a new game and still experience this, you may have a bug but for now i, at least, dont have any issue with my new playthrough.

What 40-50 hours, it took me less than 5 hours of playtime to reach 150.

https://ibb.co/pjCszdw The battle i mentioned before, where against 5 guys i got 9 riding skill.
https://ibb.co/P9MfG7K save file with the day of campaign and level
https://ibb.co/ZcM8VQN The skill window

does it take 50 hours to get to day 10?
You are playing with new beta branch, so the 40hrs thing does not enter here.
I ment with previous patch you have to play 40 hrs to get 150. Which is ridiculous.
Idk how you won 9 points on riding on that battle to be frank, i didnt experience that many skill points for such a small battle.
Maybe you loaded an old save?

Last edited:
You are playing with new beta branch, so the 40hrs thing does not enter here.
I ment with previous patch you have to play 40 hrs to get 150.
Idk how you won 9 points on riding on that battle to be frank, i didnt experience that many skill points for such a small battle.
Maybe you loaded an old save?
Nope, this is a new campaign specifically for 1.1 beta.

If you solo battle and have at least 3 skill buffs into riding and archery you can get them to 150 in a half hour or so killing looters and desert bandits. You equip a bow and 3 sets of arrows and kill 25 bandits or ten desert bandits easily by yourself with massive exp gain.

I don't know where you got that data. But that is what it feels like in the game, so it seems plausible. It's not even quadratic but still too steep.
They should increase the y of the starting point of the curve and then flatten it out a bit towards the end.
Nothing wrong with taking 100+ hours to get to 275 though, especially since it's not needed to "finish" the game. It's just a better feeling to see you are actually going somewhere with your skills.

I got it from the game code. That is exactly the curve

What program do you use to look at that?
.Net Reflector but there's a few options for it

Anyone who is saying 'this curve is fine' is insane. The amount of time required to get to max level on any skill is ridiculous and F2P MMO levels of grind.

Once I've gotten all the skill progression math worked out Im gonna make a google sheet of the skills. Something you can put your current attributes/focuses in and it will tell you 'at this rate it will take you X hours of doing Y to get to max level'.

Seriously, 215 is HALFWAY to 275. Find yourself a skill that you are at 215 in. Think, was this a reasonable amount of time to reach 215? Then realize that you're only halfway to 275.

Then remember that as you level up, xp gain goes down. So while 215 might be the numerical half of 275 in terms of absolute xp, its not the real half in terms of progression... thats actually further up.

Then add that this is your limit/upperbound for atr/focus so the highest reasonable learning limit you're going to get is 210 (7 attributes/5 focuses) which means your learning limit starts to decay after 210 until it reaches 0 at 288.

This means that for OVER HALF YOUR PROGRESSION you're going to be doing it slower and slower as you skill/level up.

Anyone who is saying 'this curve is fine' is insane. The amount of time required to get to max level on any skill is ridiculous and F2P MMO levels of grind.

Once I've gotten all the skill progression math worked out Im gonna make a google sheet of the skills. Something you can put your current attributes/focuses in and it will tell you 'at this rate it will take you X hours of doing Y to get to max level'.

Seriously, 215 is HALFWAY to 275. Find yourself a skill that you are at 215 in. Think, was this a reasonable amount of time to reach 215? Then realize that you're only halfway to 275.

Then remember that as you level up, xp gain goes down. So while 215 might be the numerical half of 275 in terms of absolute xp, its not the real half in terms of progression... thats actually further up.

Thank you for taking the time to look into it. Hopefully this will make people come to their senses.

Thanks for the hint.

Also you are correct, as I wasn't considering exp multipliers going down. If they weren't it would take only around 150 hours to get something to 275. But with that knowledge now, my guess would be something like 300 hours, which is definitely too long. So they not only need to make the curve flatter, but also massively reduce the exponential growth of the curve, since the effectively needed experience already grows due to multipliers shrinking.

Now for the real 'holy **** this is bad' revelation. Those charts, values, etc, are all the actual XP curve. That is before adjusting for learning curve.

Ready for how bad it really is? This is the xp as a percentage of 275 for the best case scenario where you put 7 points into your attribute and 5 focuses on a skill. So now look at where you are on a skill and realize just how far you've gone towards reaching 275.

Yeah, those guys who are like "I reached 150 in a reasonable time frame" well you gained 5% of the necessary xp to reach 275. "Oh Im at 200, Im getting close now"... nope, you're only 13% of the way to 275. "Im at 250, I MUST BE CLOSE TO 275 NOW!" wrong again! You're only 33% of the way to 275.

"Oh damn, Im at 263, only 12 more skills to go and Im at 275" ... hate to break it to you, you're only halfway to 275.

"274! One more skill level and I can reach 275!" Can I remind you that you're only 90% of the way there? That you still have a full 1/10 to go?

My scouter for my clan is scout like 2000 now my screen is full of looters, raiders, all of them. But its what I signed up for so I dont have any complaints, more just informing. Also on Meindi Castle I noticed I stutter a lot only siege I have. Dont know what it means but just informing :grin:. Love the game thus far :grin:!

While it does appear quite fast in the beginning, it does slow down when you hit the 100s, which is actually the midpoint, so I honestly feel that it's in a good spot right now.

Now for the real 'holy **** this is bad' revelation. Those charts, values, etc, are all the actual XP curve. That is before adjusting for learning curve.

Ready for how bad it really is? This is the xp as a percentage of 275 for the best case scenario where you put 7 points into your attribute and 5 focuses on a skill. So now look at where you are on a skill and realize just how far you've gone towards reaching 275.

Yeah, those guys who are like "I reached 150 in a reasonable time frame" well you gained 5% of the necessary xp to reach 275. "Oh Im at 200, Im getting close now"... nope, you're only 13% of the way to 275. "Im at 250, I MUST BE CLOSE TO 275 NOW!" wrong again! You're only 33% of the way to 275.

"Oh damn, Im at 263, only 12 more skills to go and Im at 275" ... hate to break it to you, you're only halfway to 275.

"274! One more skill level and I can reach 275!" Can I remind you that you're only 90% of the way there? That you still have a full 1/10 to go?
It's like playing Old School Runescape all over again! :lol:

Please don't listen to these guys, they haven't done the math. 200+ is a true grind, and almost not even worth doing tbh.

Back
Top Bottom