In Progress [1.1.0 Beta] Clone children bug (2-years old bug still not fixed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Summary: Bringing this up again at the request of @MArdA TaleWorlds here. After more than 2-years since the game came out, we had this bug reported numerous times over and over. Reviving this one, so, maybe it will be finally fixed. The problem touches both player's and AI children
How to Reproduce: Give birth to a few children of the same sex. You'll find yourself in the middle of the clone paradise.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video) : A lot of screenshots from my fresh playthrough on 1.1.0 Beta. I will also upoad a save file, so you could inspect it.
Computer Specs: Signature

UPD. Save file uploaded, the ticket has the same name as the forum topic, you may now check it. Pls, fix it finally.

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
If that is possible, of course, could you please ask the team if we can expect this bug fixed with the nearest patch or two? Not that the problem affects the gameplay experience, still, the problem is really immersion-killing...

The issue is forwarded to the developers. QA confirmed the bug. The issue is in progress.

Thing is this bug was described as being worked on nearly 2 years ago.

Hello, our team was able to reproduce the issue and now working on it. Thank you for your time.

Yet we've gone a couple more rounds of 'can you send us a save', 'been forwarded to QA', 'bug has been confirmed' (along with at least a couple of 'issue resolved' threads -what?!- for the exact same issue) .

So where did the 2 years work of the team go? And will we wait another year or two and go through the whole process of chiseling an aknowledgement of the bug out of your team only to see nothing happen again?

I think you can apprieciate why the community finds that the whole process lacks integrity and the frustrations that this causes.

So has there been any concrete progess?

Fixed by modders.

Nexus link

Taleworlds, rise and shine pls.
I feel sad about this, knowing that several issues have been listed under the 'known issues' topic, including some simple bugs that have been there for years without being fixed. Among them is a problem with the armor that Battanians use and a few early reins for horses that lack animation. I understand that these issues may not be a priority, but it's been many years since they were first reported.

Well... I guess, it's three-years old bug now. I've checked the latest update - the bug is still there.

@MArdA TaleWorlds , I hope you, guys, haven't forgotten about this one? I mean, it really hits the immersion hard and I don't really understand why is it getting moved under the carpet for three years now?

Fixed by modders.

Nexus link

Taleworlds, rise and shine pls.
Appreciate the shout-out. It looks like it's fixed in 1.2.7 heads up. The issue was what should've been a random integer used as a seed number was hard coded (I believe it was always 1) - and that looks to be remedied.

That link is also old now I broke those two modules apart.

Back
Top Bottom