Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

laarmen

Recruit
Summary:
When besieging a castle with my single party, whenever armies come in to support me on the siege, the command to assault the castle is grayed out, and it tells me one of the army leaders is now in charge of the siege. Up until that point it actually makes sense, as a full-blown army leader should definitely take over.

However, I'm still the one deciding which siege engines to build, and the AI never launches an assault, even after the castle walls are fully destroyed and the garrison is reduced to 0 for lack of food. Only when I entirely leave the siege does the AI finally attack.
How to Reproduce:
(On 1.1.0 beta) Join a faction as full vassal, find ally armies that are going to besiege a castle, rush there before them, start the siege, and wait for them to arrive and take over.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 3080 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 525.60.11
CPU: Ryzen 5900
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hey, forwarded the issue to the QA team for further inspection. Thank you for your time.
Happened to me as well, here's some screenshots and additional info:
mYZI0.jpg

Still capable of building engines, but not able to launch assault
mPv48.jpg

Reducing the enemy defences to rubble also doesn't work
xlU3P.jpg

You literally have to leave to make them commence the assault

Confirmed, happened to me as well, especially annoying the part where the AI that took over won't commence the assault until you leave the siege.

About the AI taking over, it happens even if you are commanding an army yourself. Should only happen if the AI army leader has more renown than you I think.

Can cofirm happening to me as well. Version 1.1.0.13441, just downloaded the update from Xbox store (Game Pass on PC). Can the update be rolled back from there? Xbox store does not allow the users to select which version to install, so the game became unplayable to me right now.

Screenshot attached.

Adding that I have the same experience as above users on Xbox v1.1.0.13441. Sieges are virtually impossible to initiate as the player party/army now unless you assault before allied armies show up (or force them to disband, which is... not a fun workaround)

Can also confirm that this happened to me even when I initiated a siege with my own army. Siege menu just endlessly loops. Only option is to cancel the siege and start over letting the other army lead it. I'm on PS5.

This is annoying as hell. I have an army of over 1200. A garrison of over 500 has decided not to fight for the Southern Empire since we've almost (sort of) run them out of food in Makeb & they don't like the empire culture controlling it anyways. So they only have 377 defending. The walls have been destroyed. The ballistas and catapults have all been destroyed. We are at war with 2 other factions, plus rebels in Onira. But Altu decides to 'join' the fight and now I can't attack and apparently he's comfortably having a banquet or something, so he can't be bothered to attack. My army is bigger than his. I started the siege. I should be the one making the decision whether to attack or not. I'm sort of hoping he either runs out of food or cohesion and goes to play in the sewers so I can finish this siege.

I mentioned the food situation. This is another thing that bugs me. When we started the siege we had 16 days more food than the defenders. Now we have 13 days of food & the defenders still have 1 day left. Any errors (which happen in any siege that lasts a few days) is always in favor of the opponent.

Fix this damn ****.

Edit: Someone mentioned ending & starting the siege over. So I exited the siege and immediately, as soon as I did, Altu started the attack (so I joined back in).

This might be a change in how sieges work vs a bug. Talk on reddit is trying to clarify if the leader of a siege is determined by your status (Merc, Lord, Ruler) or by the level of influence.

If this is a change to how siege command works, I'd be more frustrated as that should have been communicated in the patch notes.

This might be a change in how sieges work vs a bug. Talk on reddit is trying to clarify if the leader of a siege is determined by your status (Merc, Lord, Ruler) or by the level of influence.

If this is a change to how siege command works, I'd be more frustrated as that should have been communicated in the patch notes.
It's hard to believe that it's a purposeful change given that the screenshot I shared has both "You are commanding the besiegers" text and "You are not in command of this siege" tooltip at the same time. At the very least, it's a bug with the UI.

Seeing this bug on Xbox too. I've tried sitting in siege for a few days to see if anything happens and nothing. Now if I see an army coming to join me I'll queue up 4 trebuchets, and take down the walls. Once the defenses are demolished I'll just leave the siege and let the AI take over because there's no other way around it.

It's hard to believe that it's a purposeful change given that the screenshot I shared has both "You are commanding the besiegers" text and "You are not in command of this siege" tooltip at the same time. At the very least, it's a bug with the UI.a
Seeing this bug on Xbox too. I've tried sitting in siege for a few days to see if anything happens and nothing. Now if I see an army coming to join me I'll queue up 4 trebuchets, and take down the walls. Once the defenses are demolished I'll just leave the siege and let the AI take over because there's no other way around it.
yeah that's how you know it is a bug and not a game mechanic...the siege literally never starts no matter how much damage your siege weapons have done

Are there any known workarounds? E.g. is this something that only happens for pre-existing saves but not for the saves created using latest version of the game? I haven't tried that yet as I don't really want to invest too much time until this gets fixed, but maybe someone else has already tried?

The only work-around I know is when you exit the siege, hope the AI is ready and begins the siege battle, then you jump back in. If the AI doesn't start the siege battle right away I don't know a work-around.

Lmfao, I just posted a video about this bug, this has been happening since December? ROFLMAO, holy crap, same old Taleworlds, 2 years after I stopped playing on the PC, I am so glad this was on game pass, cause I am never giving you guys any more of my money, same with EA and Ubisoft. Welcome to the club. It's not much, but it's there.

Hey, i have been informed that our team was able to reproduce and fix the issue. The fix should by implemented to the game with further patches. Thank you for the time and sorry for the late reply.

Back
Top Bottom