1.010 Lords of War Rebuild. (New Map - WIP, p2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
Incomplete? I think it's very complete, and a few bugs were even fixed, bringing it to version 1.1.
I mean incomplete as it is based on a beta version of M&B. Of course, the 1.1 version of Lords of War is very complete, given the limitations of the base game version.

it has always been completed me, w. random axes/ax on my head  :lol:
great to see one of my favourite foot-combat based mod is rebuilding, keep it up, Markus ^^

Thanks for the progress update, Markus.

Question, though. Will you be adding more spawn points for various parties, as I remember the "pickings were slim" in the old version.
Additionally, will you be including Kingdom Management, Battle Morale, or similar game-enhancing scripts of the same vein?

Any game enhancement will be welcome, and it would be great if said enhancement were optional during the mod installation.

I were thinking a couple days ago about the different loot routines in 0.903 and in 1.0+ versions. I hate the looting skill. The best feature (from my point of view) of Lords or War is that you really need to buy armor and weapons upgrades. You don't find full plate armours and "Masterworked Balanced Swords of Pwnage" after every battle like in vanilla 1.0

I had an idea that like to share: Could be possible to add a post-battle option? (just before the loot window) where the player could choose between a fast glance at the battle remains (with a couple medium value weapons as loot) or a slow, careful, search through the battlefield (that can take from a few hours to a day or two, perhaps depending on the size of the armies involved and the number of deceased soldiers) that rewards the player with plenty of seller junk and a handful of high value armor and weapons (of course, depending of the high tier troops and characters involved in the fight).

I think that this, combined with an autoloot feature, will result in a more realistic and "strategic" loot routine.

And please, remove the loot skill in the 1.011 version of Lords of War, please...

The best feature (from my point of view) of Lords or War is that you really need to buy armor and weapons upgrades. You don't find full plate armours and "Masterworked Balanced Swords of Pwnage" after every battle like in vanilla 1.0

Realistically speaking you should be able to pick up everything your fallen enemies were using...

But this game is not meant to be totally realistic. They deleted all the rubbish elves, and magics and stuff but it's still not "Europe in the 13century" or whatsoever.

King Yngvar said:
The best feature (from my point of view) of Lords or War is that you really need to buy armor and weapons upgrades. You don't find full plate armours and "Masterworked Balanced Swords of Pwnage" after every battle like in vanilla 1.0

Realistically speaking you should be able to pick up everything your fallen enemies were using...

I count all the rubbish equipment not shown on the loot window as part of the upgrade cost for troops.

Please keep working on this mod. I just recently started playing Mount and blade again, and i was shocked to see that my favorite mod was not available

Markus II... I got the goosebumbs the first time i played this mod... Now i've been searching for a ported version and found this thread. Then I suddenly saw that your hard disk crashed... I almost broke down and cried! So I'm praying for you finishing this mod.  :cry:

Since I'm Norwegian myself I just love playing with Norwegian Vikingr covering my back...  :grin:
Any news Markus?  :smile:

Hi there! I never posted in the forums before, I basically just registered to inquire about how the rebuilt is going. I've been testing out a lot of other mods lateley, and this is by far the one I like the most. You did an amazing job here. The setting, the historical accuracy and the over all quality of the mod acually had me playing 867 A.D longer than Native. So do you got any news or something you can share? I'm really looking forward to this rebuilt Version! Keep up the good work.

I dont want to say this but I cant ignor it!

I think this pretty awesome mod is dead..didnt hear a thing since the last update  :cry: :cry:
Please Markus ...show me I am wrong .

Markus II was last logged on the 10th of August...
So why isn't he answering? Well, there could be two reasons:

1: Either is he sick and tired of us asking for news,
2: He has given up the mod, or doesn't have time for it.

Anyways, if you're still working on it,
keep up the good work Markus!  :wink:

I sincerely hope that Marcus get around to re-make this great mod
Just say if you need me to do anything (wihtin my limited power)

Back
Top Bottom