1.010 Lords of War Rebuild. (New Map - WIP, p2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Glad to hear its coming along, Markus! Really looking forward to playing the 1.1 incarnation of this.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Adorno said:
Ruthven said:
... it looks great, and I can't believe I didn't find this earlier.  :grin:
Ruthven - Maker of Viking Mods - you haven't tried this one yet?  :shock:

It is simply a must !
Aye, I am shamed at not having tried this earlier. I played for hours yesterday, and I LOVE the starting game menus, not to mention the sword scabbards.

You should be ashamed, this is easily the best mod I've ever played. Ruthen... calling yourself a Vikingr advocate.

Good to hear you're still with it Markus, though I expect you're tired of us saying that by now. :razz:

In any case, if I ever come by unexpected monies, I'll be sure to send you an external harddrive, so you can back everything up.  :grin:

Now that you're starting from scratch, I'm going to try to ruthlessly manipulate you.
How about including some of the features from other mods, like Native Expansion? Make it a bit easier to manage the game. The most important feature to add, if you were considering, would be the ability to become your own king and have vassals. I would love to conquer all of Ireland, the land of my forefathers, and then crush the English.  :twisted:

Also, in this version, I would find it much appreciated if there were more spawn points included for various units. I remember it almost impossible trying to find enemies to fight in the early stage, and stopped playing because of it. I don't remember when this was, so I don't know if you changed it after that, but still....

Those new textures look simply amazing. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that everything was lost. You're free from the shackles of previous work. Then again, maybe it was just ****ing terrible. Who knows, but I'd wager it's a bit of both.

Thanks for all the support guys. :smile:

Just to let everyone know, I haven't updated the progress in a while as I've been backpacking in Africa for the past month and a bit. Flying out of Cape Town for home in a few days, so I should have some major updates in the next few weeks.

I just wanted to say i really enjoyed your mod, and it was one of my favorite mods. I love to play on foot, and most mods force me to go mounted because there is a clear advantage for mounted troops. I wish you good luck on the new version release, and keep us updated. Thanks.

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, let me fill in you in.

As you can probably remember, in the first release of the mod there was a issue with the texture sheets that the armour was placed on. The main problem was that each large texture sheet (684kb) only contained one armour - with the rest of the sheet being wasted. The plan for the mod rebuild is to reconfigure the armours to fit on a much smaller texture sheet (224kb) with only armour per sheet.

At the moment Dain Ironfoot is going through remapping the meshes to the new .dds texture sheets. Basically we're doing this so that game load times are greatly reduced, as well as increasing in game performance - a necessary step given the sheer amount of armour that will be present in the final release.

Unfortunately, given that Dain is very busy working on his own mod TPW, it remains a slow process.

I can let you know that I've finished all the armour texture templates for the Saxon and Dane factions. Once the remapping is finished, I'll post up screenshots.

Glad to hear from you!
Not that I know what I am talking about, but will this optimisation of texture sheets have a negative impact on visual quality of items?  I dont really mind the loading times.

Back
Top Bottom