1.010 Lords of War Rebuild. (New Map - WIP, p2)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have registred here just for one reason. To please Markus to continue in his great work. This mod is absolutly best especialy for peoples like this era. New version of M&B offer new tasks, do not leave the battelfiled, there is still reason to fight. All fans of this mod support you.. me too. Good luck man!

Well I've just heard of this mod today but I already feel bad about not being able to play it on 1.010....I hope you find the strenght to rebuild your work, I'd love to play this!

Despite the step back in M&B version, this is one of the best mods out there and I  would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it. As for those who have, know its worth the step back :grin:.

Markus I hope you find the encouragement to continue your work, though regardless of your final decision, we all very much appreciate the effort you have put into this mod. Its a real shame it had to happen when porting was getting along so well, nevertheless the effort is never wasted.

Thanks for the support guys. :smile:

I've starting tinkering around with the module files again and I've started a new map. Feedback, as always, is appreciated.

Its looking very good Markus, will you be incluiding boats in this version for the emerald isle to mainland?  :cool:

That map is class, proper unlucky about what happened to your files though, anyways, good luck with the mod, I assume the addition of heraldic Huscarl shields in native will be useful.

Markus, as another has asked and you didnt respond, can't you download your mod from like the repository?  I can't remember if the source was in that or not.

And about the hard drive, did those at the shop attempt to use an external usb sata drive to get the data off your hard drive?  Some times, even if the hard drive has failed in the machine, it is still able to get data off of the hard drive when you hook it up to a sata drive.  Just depends on how the hard drive has failed.

hmm sorry to hear your computer crashed I loved the 903 version of it, but I am a bit curius about whre you got the map editor for 1.10/1.11.
And a nice map of England I would just go straigth by most of those rivers in the first version of the map  :eek:

Oh Sweet!

This mod rocks, and its nice to see my home land. I hope you do the irish justice. To bad the mod isn't 1052, the my family would be king of Lienster.
By the why will Ireland be split into its provence kingdoms, or will it just be Ireland?

Markus that map has some of the smoothest landscape I've seen, beautiful...as mentioned before, wouldn't you be able to download your own mod and port that...better than nothing.

-Zanyr

Man I'm so stoked on this, thanks for continuing, I thought I was going to have to do it myself (and that would have taken well over 40 years)

Huzzah for a living mod! I finished the first three books of Cornwell's Saxon Tales series over the summer, and have been looking forward to getting my Viking on in M&B. Best of luck with the rebuild.

grailknighthero said:
Markus, as another has asked and you didnt respond, can't you download your mod from like the repository?  I can't remember if the source was in that or not.

And about the hard drive, did those at the shop attempt to use an external usb sata drive to get the data off your hard drive?  Some times, even if the hard drive has failed in the machine, it is still able to get data off of the hard drive when you hook it up to a sata drive.  Just depends on how the hard drive has failed.

GKH,

Unfortunately I didn't include the source code in the original download, it only existed on my PC. The real loss however was the new armours & shields - I'd finished the textures for dozens of new items to replace everything in the 0.903 release. The coding will only take a few weeks to rebuild in my spare time - the textures will take a lot longer.

No joy with the hard drive, I took it to several techies who all pronounced it dead - it was cactus from the minute it when down. :sad:

Rydmer said:
hmm sorry to hear your computer crashed I loved the 903 version of it, but I am a bit curius about whre you got the map editor for 1.10/1.11.
And a nice map of England I would just go straigth by most of those rivers in the first version of the map  :eek:

Rydmer,

The 0.9.0 version of Thorgrim's Map editor was used.

-Peter- said:
That map is class, proper unlucky about what happened to your files though, anyways, good luck with the mod, I assume the addition of heraldic Huscarl shields in native will be useful.

-Peter-,

I don't actually plan on using any heraldic items in the mod at all. All items were re-textures as could be seen in the 0.960 porting thread.

Lord Byrne said:
Oh Sweet!

This mod rocks, and its nice to see my home land. I hope you do the irish justice. To bad the mod isn't 1052, the my family would be king of Lienster.
By the why will Ireland be split into its provence kingdoms, or will it just be Ireland?

Lord Byrne ,

At the moment, Ireland is simply the Kingdom of Ireland, ruled by Aed Finnliath of the Northern Ui Niell of Ulster as the Ard Ri.

I could spilt it up into several factions, but all the troop trees would be similar (identical) just like the Saxon kingdoms, with the only difference being different colours used in the armour items.

Perdikas said:
Its looking very good Markus, will you be incluiding boats in this version for the emerald isle to mainland?  :cool:

Perdikas,

Good question. I haven't actually got an answer as yet. :wink:

I just kind of redesigned the map on a whim without considering transport options! For the moment, I'll just add a ford between Northern Ireland and Scotland the armies can travel across and then revise the situation later.

Back
Top Bottom