1.010 full installer broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Um, it gives me a message "The full version of Mount & Blade has not been installed on this computer. Please download the full installer from taleworlds.com and use it to install the game" Makes no sense, I AM using a full installer.

Tried it rar'd (doesn't make much difference as it puts the installer in temp memory anyway) and unrar'd and I had the same problem. Oh well, I've reinstalled 1.003 and will patch from there for now.

My full installer download just stopped working in the middle of the download. Said it was up in 354 kb/s but it wasn't moving. Anyone else got this problem?

I used the upgrade 1.010 (not the full one).  It worked fine for me. Why don't you try that first.

I don't know of any advantage of the full installer over the patch.

Sorkenlol said:
My full installer download just stopped working in the middle of the download. Said it was up in 354 kb/s but it wasn't moving. Anyone else got this problem?

I think that is the F***#%& RapidShare I have the same problem. haveto wait for several minutes for it to continue

edit: My full installers broken too... unrar - install - error message.

SPD_Phoenix said:
I used the upgrade 1.010 (not the full one).  It worked fine for me. Why don't you try that first.

If you want to fix your files because you've been tweaking or modding. Update won't restore them, and they may not work with the new version. For now just reinstalling 1.003 works good enough though.

My Native is always Native.

I have mod folder for even a slightest change.

I believe that Native folder will be override by the update.

SPD_Phoenix said:

In the past, there have been some serious bugs caused by installing the upgrade over the previous version instead of uninstalling the game and reinstalling using the full installer.  So there are two significant advantages of the full installer over the patch; the first is that people who do not have a previous version can install the game, and the second is that it is the only way to be certain that one is free of bugs which are specific to patched installations.

I also am unable to install the new version.  The problem seems to be, at least in part, that the two files have the same name.  If they are put into the same directory, they overwrite each other.  I am not sure how to handle this.

I'd watch out for the changes people made to the script following after MageLord, it might lead to some errors if you changed something that effects the patch might want to change.

It obviously replaces only a small portion of the files.  That is why it's so small compared to the full installer.  Look, I appreciate that you want to defend Taleworlds from criticism, but trying to pretend that this bug doesn't exist, or is caused by user stupidity, or isn't important, is not going to help Taleworlds at all.  And it is definitely not going to help us players.

After unRARing, the full installer worked fine for me in WinXP SP3. I chose to install it to a new folder, in case that makes a difference.

I want to DL the full installer and test it for myself, but the first part going to take 45 mins and probaly 30 mins for the second part. So, I'm just going to play the new version with the patch then.

Back
Top Bottom