1.0.6 gives XP for tournaments and...practice matches?

Users who are viewing this thread

durbal

Sergeant
I get the point of giving XP for tournaments since you can't just spam them endlessly, they have a cost, etc...but for practice matches? Seems weird since you can just hack hack die hack hack die endlessly to level up skills. It kinda cheapens the progression system.

I guess I don't have to use it, but at the same time it's nice to try out some stuff in practice matches without feeling like I'm gaming the system.

why are you complaining? if you go to a boxing ring and practice... you get experience, right? even if you get your ass kicked.. It's only logical.

I mean you could already win infinite money in arena without time passing, it's not much different.

1. As people have already said, practice makes perfect.

2. If someone wants to grind practice endlessly because that's their idea of fun, why do we care? It's a single player game.

What is the problem here? It makes so much sense that you as player can choose what role you wanna play, put effort for it and get progres reward for that. And yes you can practise with wooden sworda etc like in real life

why are you complaining? if you go to a boxing ring and practice... you get experience, right? even if you get your ass kicked.. It's only logical.

The difference is that you can't just respawn and do it again and again...

The real issue is going to a boxing ring and practicing takes time, you get better but time passes days go by. Time doesn't pass in game with the practice fights. At least with tournaments you can only do one and then you have to travel to another town. But with practice fights you could technically become a fully leveled character before even a day in game goes by. I'm fine with getting experience from practice fights but there should be a limit e.g you should only be able to do 1 per town per day.

The difference is that you can't just respawn and do it again and again...
Well what would be the difference training your skills at combat?

Killing looters and other bandits that want to kill you and you and aspecially at beginning can really get your ass kicked if you are on foot?

Or maybe train with rules or wooden swords like in warband

I get the point of giving XP for tournaments since you can't just spam them endlessly, they have a cost, etc...but for practice matches? Seems weird since you can just hack hack die hack hack die endlessly to level up skills. It kinda cheapens the progression system.

I guess I don't have to use it, but at the same time it's nice to try out some stuff in practice matches without feeling like I'm gaming the system.
It doesn't make sense that your character wouldn't get some experience from training fights.

Yeah, but the spammability is a bit awkward.
Who cares if someone wants to spend their time spamming arena more power to them. If you don't want to then don't. There are so many downsides to spending time leveling in the arena, like not getting to play the core of the game but to each their own.

Devs could add a mechanic like the stamina one of smithing skill, so you can't practice all day long... maybe you can gain like 5 points/day and then you have to wait. I don't think that's an urgent measure still, even if it's up to the player it's your choice to spend all day training rather than goin' around pillaging and plundering.

Back
Top Bottom