>> 0.99 M ...the O L D -P U B L I C- Version of 1860s <<

Users who are viewing this thread

Best two v. 0.99 Testing Posts, that some forumers may have missed:

THX JOE and TOX!!!

toxic-nova said:
many thanks that I could "test" (but it's playing not just testing  :grin: ) v.0.99

things I love:
-well fitting music for a western game
-nice and well fitting pictures on menu screens
-factions that let me play many aspects I love in western movie
-a huge map with space that gives me the feeling of traveling through the wilderness
-beautiful map icons especially the ones for the towns -> Screenshot 1, 2
-beautiful town scenes
-many beautiful villages scenes with nice little details to discover (it worth to go in every little village)
-showdown scenes that looks like fighting in cities or harbors
-nice battle scenes
-some village elders and other NPCs have interesting names...everyone should discover if he know the names  :smile:
-female troops. represents that womans hadn't just cooked while their families were attacked by Indians
-animals to hunt
-Indian sounds that let me sound like an Indian -> Video
-huge amount of items that let me choose many different fashion styles  :oops:
-Ale, Rum, Whiskey as items to please my army
-different weapons feels different...not just many pistols that differs in appearance
-cannons and Gatling guns (just as long I restrict myself to a "realistic" behavior or it will turn into real cheating)
-ducking animation
-line battles with fire commands and rows

things that are wrong:
-traveling near map borders like near Mexico City or Denver is strange because I can't focus the screen on my party. Maybe a map with more empty space at the borders can fix this  :???:
-no Canada (itself Canada wasn't a real war party in the time it's strange to play in North America without it. the idea to implement it with sth. like free towns would be a nice solution if you won't have it as faction ingame...as long this is possible)
-horses should be deactivated in sea battles (like in siege scenes)
-one music is of low quality. But the music itself fit well like the others (c2.ogg)
-I miss the old style of some clothes like the "2 Remingtons Outfit" or the "CW Custer Outfit" with it's holster in front where it was possible to put pistols in. post with better explanation

things bugged or not clear:
-while ducking pistols didn't work correctly
-"lords" banners are a bit glitchy like here -> Screenshot
-a little texture bug in Leon -> Screenshot

-I got error message while traveling on map (appears after a week or two)
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1669: Invalid Party ID: 231; LINE NO: 8:
At Simple trigger no: 99.
At Simple trigger no: 99.
-another error on map: ->  Screenshot

-I got CTD in KANSAS CITY scene at night and only with Particle Systems on. I ride from spawn position directly over the town square in direction to the sheriff (Village Mayor). It looks like it is caused by a change of v.0.99 because I couldn't reproduce it in version v.0.98. In common cases I hadn't get such issues but it would be nice if someone can confirm this problem to make sure it isn't a problem of my PC.

Captured Joe said:
I am very impressed with the new version! Most of the issues with the other versions are removed, and I found some great new music pieces and items in the mod!

<THINGS U LOVED
-The new weapons, sounds, music and clothes; Especiall the weapons, and the boots, hats and Uniforms!
-The map with the new settlements
-The NPCs and Companions
-The Indians!
-The way the Guns fit in the Holsters on the clothes
-The  new animations!
-The siege scene (I fought in Frederciksburg both on the defence and the attack, and I liked it!)
-The factions
-^ I really like the American Settlers faction; The mix of Regulars and Mountain Men/Frontiersmen is great!
-The looks and outfits of some of the new Ladies; I saw some French Ladies (why does that reminds me of Titanic?) with indian clothes and feathers in their hairs. Looks good. Also, apparently NONE of the ladies are bugged!
-I found the Sawned Off Winchester in the mod, my favorite weapon of 1866! :grin: (Although the name of it is a bit weird.)
-The Crouching option (and the AI using it)! It adds a lot to an Infantry-based character and his foot soldiers!
-The amazing scene props! :shock:
<THINGS WRONG
-The items for the player in the multiplayer battles are messed up. The weapon options and horse options are allright, no need to change that. But the clothing options for the player are wrong in most of the cases. Equipment for AI bots is perfect, though.
<THINGS BUGGED OR NOT CLEAR
-One of the "Fenian Uniforms" is still grey and textureless
-"Fur Hat Feathers" is invisible
-On travelling on the world map:
Code:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2281: Invalid Party ID: 681; LINE NO: 124:
At script: spawn_bandits.
At script: spawn_bandits.

Ok!
I already explained the reasons why I decided to make the Mod with those new factions, and it all has its charme, actually.

If U want, U are in charge to make Canada, adding it without disturbing the many issues related to Factions, Balancing etc.  :roll

Gabrilduro

challenge_accepted_by_ragefaceicons-d58u7d1.png

But do your part by providing me the following txt files of the most updated version (in this case 0,99, right?):

factions.txt
itemskinds1.txt
parties.txt
partytemplates.txt
troops.txt
menus.txt

My previous notice to all of the 1776/1860s team:

After several weeks/months of playing :grin: I can safely say the new changes to 1776 are astounding. Much more stable and playable along with the new uniforms added to all classes of troops and leaders its going well. One thing i would love to see in future is the Diplomacy mod fully implemented and working at least. :grin:

Regarding 1860s:
I have recently got back into your 1860s mod now which i was not aware of at the time, (Recieved a PM and link to 0.95) however i am aware that this is no longer a valid version due to the new 0.98 i have currently installed but i saw a 0.99 on your forum.
I can say even from just playing the 0.98 version, so many great changes have been made adding even more fun to the game and to an extend Role playing xD

From looking at the changelog on 0.99, i can say that the changes make sense and i can see them being very effective, especially the new troop trees and new uniforms being implemented. I noticed on 0.98 you have U.S Officers uniforms ranging from Lieutenants to Full Colonels. Are these implemented in the new version as recruitable troops? Also, i would love to see diplomacy introduced into future versions as it added much more immersion and diversity to the gameplay.

I have always personally thought that a separate Officer Tree for each faction would work nice as you can start going up this tree after reaching a certain tier troop. So you can start with Acting NCO's then corporals, Sergeants and head towards the Officers at least from a 1st Lt - Lieutenant Colonel since most of the time you would be the Colonel effectivley :grin:

Cheers guys
P.S Gabby i was to remind you to send me updated link of 1860s for testing. Thanks bud

If this isnt the post area sry but if you could put a few more download links sense the nexusmod one doesnt work. I am a huge fan of your mods they are the best and some of my favorite mods just wondering if you could thanks.

spearman745 said:
If this isnt the post area sry but if you could put a few more download links sense the nexusmod one doesnt work. I am a huge fan of your mods they are the best and some of my favorite mods just wondering if you could thanks.

NexusMod does work, you just need an account, which is very easy to get.

...no more problems on that I hope:

N E W -O P E N-  BETA v. 0.99 G !!!

Public release   .
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america-v-099-g/images/1860s-old-america-v-099-g4#imagebox

I tried to add and fix as much as I could and I uploaded it on Moddb, a better site for most people.

I also pleased a lot of requests and improved many issues.

DOWNLOAD mignt not be available for 1 or 2 days...so be patiente and ....be POSITIVE, please!!!!  :twisted:

No more "pls change this and that", really....try to play it deeply and find and apreciate the tons of things that are in it already, for one time, ok?  :wink:

And MAYBE...I will consider a final version 1.0....maybe... :razz:

Gab

PS....NO ONE tried this version, yet....
I didn t get much feedback on my last 0.99F Testing Version, so I finally decided to upload it for the whole world to play it freely....and then ONLY  the best players that will feedback actively on my 1860s Topics, will become my best Testers.​

So I decided to fire up the old Warband after quite some time of not playing it. First thing that came up was 1860's v.81 i think or .8(something). So i decided to come here and see if there was a new version... .99? Wow! You guys are machines.
I will attempt to be, as you say, patiente while this gets up on Moddb.

Thx Joe!!  :mrgreen:

Hey Suno !!!
I remember U  :mrgreen:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163810.msg4191333.html#msg4191333

Ehhh...folks, I m having some troubles with uploading the file it seems.... :???:

Gab

Ask Harlef then!  :neutral:

Seriously, I never heard from him anymore since then.....and I hate to anticipate things that I never tested yet, nor decided myself to add, at the moment.

I am the Developer of the Mod, after all...

Honestly, I am in a real bad mood.

Anyway, to please those that were waiting so much and apreciating my mod,  now it should be downloadable here:
http://www.moddb.com/members/gabrilduro/downloads/1860s-old-america-v-099-g

Really and honestly folks, though. Try to play and enjoy it first.... and then comment on the new things that are in it, FIRST!

After all that, I might consider some more suggestions and requests.
But stop asking and demanding and complaining, etc etc....

Thx

Gabrilduro

EDIT: just tried and downloaded it and works fine ( 1/2 and hour dwld)

GABRILDURO said:
Ask Harlef then!  :neutral:

Seriously, I never heard from him anymore since then.....and I hate to anticipate things that I never tested yet, nor decided myself to add, at the moment.

I am the Developer of the Mod, after all...

Honestly, I am in a real bad mood.

Anyway, to please those that were waiting so much and apreciating my mod,  now it should be downloadable here:
http://www.moddb.com/members/gabrilduro/downloads/1860s-old-america-v-099-g

Really and honestly folks, though. Try to play and enjoy it first.... and then comment on the new things that are in it, FIRST!

After all that, I might consider some more suggestions and requests.
But stop asking and demanding and complaining, etc etc....

Thx

Gabrilduro

EDIT: just tried and downloaded it and works fine ( 1/2 and hour dwld)

Excuse me,I did not know you had not know this.I didn't want to get you angry.It was not a suggestion,I read your rules,if he had not said thid,I would not ask this.Excuse me again  :oops:

Ok, guys, time to explain,
Gab,
I read your pms and I understood. Won't do that again. :roll:

@Murat and all Cannon fans:
I'll  try to do all for this cannons, but I can't say when it will be finished, I hope in the next days, stay tuned!

Working now!
Thx, my fault....

Harly, thx for that. Don t worry.
It was just that all went wrong.
Always ask me first, though.  :twisted:

Murat: enjoy what was done sofar and for one time describe the issues that U liked the most, as well  :wink:

Gab

Hey, this update had definately made me love the mod twice as much, one thing being the napoleonic wars style "fire at my command" feature.However I wanted to ask how to add banners, I want to start a British Empire faction using the CU infantry but there aren't any union jack flags, any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom