[0.960] UPDATE: Craftmod CEP 1.8.4 released (01/07/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!reply to this COMMENT i have a question how and where can u get FIRE ARMS IN CRAFT MOD I saw that there is skills for FIRE ARMS IN THE CHARACTERS menu!!
PLEASE PLEASE REPLY any help would be appreciated I AM A TOTALLY NEWBIE!  :sad:

Nasar said:
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!reply to this COMMENT i have a question how and where can u get FIRE ARMS IN CRAFT MOD I saw that there is skills for FIRE ARMS IN THE CHARACTERS menu!!

Yes, there is Nasar, and you owe me 20 bucks for this info. j/k!

There are two steps to make the firearms for you.

You can either buy the bars from shops or mine for ores to smelting into bars.
Just pay attention to the amount of coal because you need mostly coal ores to make the steel you need combining steel ore with coal.

1) You must have 2 things to make them; wood and steel bars and craft tool.  Ok, that's 3. oh well.
2) You must in 2 steps:

Make the gun barrel, then the matchlock while visiting the blacksmith.
Make the wood stock , I think that's what it is ( the gun handle) while visiting the fletcher (wood is required).

Once you have all those 3 items, you're good to go with the assembly and that can be done in either blacksmith or the fletcher.

Note: You can make muskets as well as handguns or the mid range gun.  There are 3 types of firearms total.  Each varies in range, accuracy, and damage output.

Happy gaming!

Bismarck said:
It's an "error" of native M&B that cartridges don't reload themselves after battle.
To counter this, Winter could change the amount of ammunition to 100. 100 shots should last a while and if you have no shots left, you have to craft some new balls.

It makes sense though doesn't it? Once a bullet has hit a target, it will have deformed and become unusable. Arrows and bolts didn't suffer as much deformation on impact as far as I know, and since the condition of the bolt/arrow tip wouldn't have that great an affect on the projectile's flight anyway, it is logical that they can be reused. Besides, guns are more lethal than bows and arrows (shot for shot) so it keeps the game balanced.

MeestYk said:
Nasar said:

Yes, there is Nasar, and you owe me 20 bucks for this info. j/k!

There are two steps to make the firearms for you.

You can either buy the bars from shops or mine for ores to smelting into bars.
Just pay attention to the amount of coal because you need mostly coal ores to make the steel you need combining steel ore with coal.

1) You must have 2 things to make them; wood and steel bars and craft tool.  Ok, that's 3. oh well.
2) You must in 2 steps:

Make the gun barrel, then the matchlock while visiting the blacksmith.
Make the wood stock , I think that's what it is ( the gun handle) while visiting the fletcher (wood is required).

Once you have all those 3 items, you're good to go with the assembly and that can be done in either blacksmith or the fletcher.

Note: You can make muskets as well as handguns or the mid range gun.  There are 3 types of firearms total.  Each varies in range, accuracy, and damage output.

Happy gaming!
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! i really appreciate it

Hague said:
There's several broken parts to this mod. In particular, the quality levels which do nothing. Also, it appears that it is impossible to gain any blacksmithing skill past 30%
I just had to gradually cheat my way upwards after making a number of items.  I hear several other skills have the same problem.

Also, there should be an activator in the mine scene to take you back to the outside of the mine.
I think Winter just wants us to appreciate all the work that went into that bridge (over and over again).

Hey Winter, I sent you a PM, dunno if you received it since it didn't appear in my Sent Items folder. Forum bug, maybe? Lemme know iffen ya did :smile:

Since my thread was locked and I don't want to sign up to a new forum I'm wondering if anyone can help here:

1: How do you reload the guns? I got one shot in one battle and in all battles after that I get a no bolts message. This seems a bit silly but I figured it was as bullets arent implimented yet when I get bolts for the gun it doesn't work....

2: Whats the point in the forests? I guess to get lumber but...how?

3: Is there anypoint to titles on weapons (i.e. master, deadly, etc...) they seem to keep the same stats as regular ones...Ditto for bronze weapons.

Boris said:
Since my thread was locked and I don't want to sign up to a new forum I'm wondering if anyone can help here:

1: How do you reload the guns? I got one shot in one battle and in all battles after that I get a no bolts message. This seems a bit silly but I figured it was as bullets arent implimented yet when I get bolts for the gun it doesn't work....

3: Is there anypoint to titles on weapons (i.e. master, deadly, etc...) they seem to keep the same stats as regular ones...Ditto for bronze weapons.

It's a bug from native I heard.  It won't allow to auto reload like other range weapons in the game.  So you must make more of those cartridges to reload the guns or use a trick called switching with your heroes.  That's one temp solution while Winter works on a fix if any.

A fine mod I must say.  Hopefully, it will be in the game at release ver.

Back, back in the USSR.

mainsr3.jpg

MeestYk said:
Boris said:

It's a bug from native I heard.  It won't allow to auto reload like other range weapons in the game.  So you must make more of those cartridges to reload the guns or use a trick called switching with your heroes.  That's one temp solution while Winter works on a fix if any.

How do you make these cartridges?
I can see no option anywhere on the crafting...Or is is normal bolts?

Boris said:
MeestYk said:
Boris said:

How do you make these cartridges?
I can see no option anywhere on the crafting...Or is is normal bolts?

First you need iron bars I believe.  You can either buy it from shops or the smith or make it yourself from scratch iron ores after smelting it into bars.
Then hit the smith, and there's an option to assemble the bullets into cartridges.  Have fun!

Wish I could help Winter with this mod.  I love it. :grin:

MeestYk said:
[First you need iron bars I believe.  You can either buy it from shops or the smith or make it yourself from scratch iron ores after smelting it into bars.
Then hit the smith, and there's an option to assemble the bullets into cartridges.  Have fun!

Sorry for my ignorance here but I really don't know...
I have iron and musket balls, what more do I need to be allowed to assemble?
I've also had a message saying I'm experienced enough to make cartidges.

Boris said:
MeestYk said:
[First you need iron bars I believe.  You can either buy it from shops or the smith or make it yourself from scratch iron ores after smelting it into bars.

Sorry for my ignorance here but I really don't know...
I have iron and musket balls, what more do I need to be allowed to assemble?
I've also had a message saying I'm experienced enough to make cartidges.

Hi Boris

Nothing to be sorry about, you've come to the right place for answers. :smile:

Since you've already have those iron musket balls, you just need the gunpowder barrel, which are sold in shops all over villages/towns/cities.
Be aware though that the gunpowder can be difficult to get as they are somewhat rare.

Once you have the gunpowder along with your iron musket balls, hit the bench in the back of any blacksmiths.  It will say "Craft here" something like that.  Choose option "Assemble ...."  "firearms..."  and voila!

Note:  Again, there's a bug from native mode that prevent them from recharging.  Use the trick of switching your empty cartridge with one of your companions and you're set with a full one.

Enjoy!

Making cartridges:

Iron ore + coal = iron bars

Iron bars + tools (and workbench) = produce musket balls

Black powder keg + musket balls + tools (and workbench) = cartridges

Get the iron ore and coal from mines or just buy the iron bars from a blacksmith.  Buy the black powder at a merchant in a town or from a village.  Can be very difficult to find.  Another place I have received black powder is from raiding supply caravans.

HAVE FUN!!!

Blackhawk

Okay, I hate to necro this but what the heck is wrong with the Craftmod horses? All the horses from native are fine, the ones from Craftmod are messed up:

This even happened to me in the previous version. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you do could you please explain to me how to do it step by step (I'm bad with computers)?

Back
Top Bottom